• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Support. Support. not sure how often you frequent smashboards or if you'll read this, but if you do, as someone who has put in effort to make a weekly happen, i think you should definitely not be opposed to posting your info redundantly.

mingo, a new person to the scene, had no idea about the event. death and sinz, veterans to the scene, state that they get info from these boards. seems like you'd want to encourage both newcomers and veterans to attend the ogden weeklies. it only takes like an extra minute to copy and paste what you put on facebook onto smashboards.

honestly, at the provo weeklies, i get more people from smashboards than from the facebook groups. and the smashboards player are also much more consistent at coming. even though that's the case, i still take the effort to ask my friend to login to facebook so i can post info on the byu smashers and utah smash facebook group despite not getting regular attendance from those groups. and i also try to update info on the google docs since that's a central place where people can get and place information. redundancy is definitely more "viable" than relying on a single source for dispersing information and has little cost to implement.

just don't want the ogden weeklies to turn out like taylorsville where someone starts it up, but puts in no follow through to make it successful. you have a good pool of player around that area so it would be good to have a consistent weekly around there.

Karmerz

Smash Rookie
I would check smashboards more than facebook, mainly just because im a lonely nerd with no friends and no reason to check facebook.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
@ Support. Support. not sure how often you frequent smashboards or if you'll read this, but if you do, as someone who has put in effort to make a weekly happen, i think you should definitely not be opposed to posting your info redundantly.

mingo, a new person to the scene, had no idea about the event. death and sinz, veterans to the scene, state that they get info from these boards. seems like you'd want to encourage both newcomers and veterans to attend the ogden weeklies. it only takes like an extra minute to copy and paste what you put on facebook onto smashboards.

honestly, at the provo weeklies, i get more people from smashboards than from the facebook groups. and the smashboards player are also much more consistent at coming. even though that's the case, i still take the effort to ask my friend to login to facebook so i can post info on the byu smashers and utah smash facebook group despite not getting regular attendance from those groups. and i also try to update info on the google docs since that's a central place where people can get and place information. redundancy is definitely more "viable" than relying on a single source for dispersing information and has little cost to implement.

just don't want the ogden weeklies to turn out like taylorsville where someone starts it up, but puts in no follow through to make it successful. you have a good pool of player around that area so it would be good to have a consistent weekly around there
*edited because what I had to say could've started a **** storm, and it was baseless and we are all grown ups here(for the most part)

I will do my best to post here on Smashboards. For those who do not have a Facebook. . . Sorry for all the confusion. Bye.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
@Aerodrome pls don't ban.

Festlies at Hastings

Where:
340 East 525 North, Ogden, UT 84404

When: Every Thursday @ 5:30 - 10:30

Cost? Free since we aren't running bracket hence Festlies

Games? Project Melee, Melee and Brawl*

BYOC(Bring Your Own Controller)

Bring set ups, Please and Thank You.

Hope to see you guys there.

*Brawl is only available if asked for or if you bring your own set up with.

wangston

Smash Lord
OKay fest sunday:
TIME: TBD

We just need someone in that area to host. I will be there and be brining two pm setups.

EDIT SLC GET IT TOGETHER AND GIVE THE PEOPLE A HOST.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Does anyone need a ride for sunday?

I'm good for anytime on sunday. I'd prefer earlier in the day since I have a 2 hour drive to do.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
I probably can't make a smashfest if it's on Sunday. If anybody in Salt Lake is down for some pre-fest smashing Saturday sometime after 3pm lemme know where to be.

Atticus_22

Smash Cadet
We can start at noon. I'd say there is room for at least 6 set ups. Maybe more. Might need a couple extension cords with that many set ups

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
I probably can't make a smashfest if it's on Sunday. If anybody in Salt Lake is down for some pre-fest smashing Saturday sometime after 3pm lemme know where to be.
It also looks like I'd be able to make today sometime after 6pm as well.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Count me in for Sunday. All you punks better be there.

Anyone still want to smash Saturday as well? We can host here in provo if people want to.

Last edited:

Reptilephantom

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
razi#494
I'm down for sunday as well if we do it in provo i can take people down with me my car fits 4 people comfortably or 5 kinda uncomfortably.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Anyone still want to smash Saturday as well? We can host here in provo if people want to.
I might be able to make that, depending on the time and if anybody's willing to give me a ride from Salt Lake.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
big fests are usually no for alcohol (or tane's ***** fests)
since we got little 12 year olds running around
and others of faith who might not want to be around

but hey if its cool with steezy then who cares right

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

That's true.
No worries :)

Reptilephantom

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
razi#494

Yeah you got a point I'll wait until I host one to bring out the drinks.

Top Bottom