• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ DarkPancake DarkPancake i'll be there around that time to set up and stuff, but honestly, people don't usually show up until right before tourney (around 7-7:30ish), so you might get bored just sitting around :-p.

wangston

Smash Lord
Help me with gas money.
More than willing to help out with gas money, especially if you come all the way down to Provo and pick up people along the way.

If there is some one willing to host in the middle, slc, jordan, draper, when can meet there( Looking at you RJ). I would still be willing to give people gas money because I really want to see everyone before the years up and I would love to play smash with everyone. So lets choose a spot to have the fest. Also I mostly want to play pm because it's what I have, two setups for it. But more than willing to play melee, smash 4, or anything else people want.

Basically I want a dope ass, blow your **** off, end of the year fest.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
More than willing to help out with gas money, especially if you come all the way down to Provo and pick up people along the way.

If there is some one willing to host in the middle, slc, jordan, draper, when can meet there( Looking at you RJ). I would still be willing to give people gas money because I really want to see everyone before the years up and I would love to play smash with everyone. So lets choose a spot to have the fest. Also I mostly want to play pm because it's what I have, two setups for it. But more than willing to play melee, smash 4, or anything else people want.

Basically I want a dope ***, blow your **** off, end of the year fest.
I'll see if I can make it.

Schir

Smash Rookie
I'd be down for a P:M smash fest and I'll go if a location can be figured out. I'd probably be able to bring a Wii with P:M.
Oh boy, I can't wait to get wrecked.

Also, rookie question: Is a setup just the system, or is it the system and the TV?

Last edited:

wangston

Smash Lord
I am more than willing to host, but if it's easier for Devon, PC, Isee, Marz, Tane, ZZ, RJ, and others to have it further north than Provo than I'm willing to travel. If not we can have it Provo. I want what is ever best to get everyone to come.

Also a setup is system and tv.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am more than willing to host, but if it's easier for Devon, PC, Isee, Marz, Tane, ZZ, RJ, and others to have it further north than Provo than I'm willing to travel. If not we can have it Provo. I want what is ever best to get everyone to come.

Also a setup is system and tv.
I forgot I already have plans on saturday. I can do stuff sunday tho.

Theslave1

Smash Rookie
Where in Utah are you?
I have been in southern utah for the past bit, but I am back north now. Some of the older smashers here will know me like PC. I have not played competitively since 2007-2008.

I have played with a few guys from Cedar a few weeks back. I was the one mewtwo player who shows up every once in a while.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
I have been in southern utah for the past bit, but I am back north now. Some of the older smashers here will know me like PC. I have not played competitively since 2007-2008.

I have played with a few guys from Cedar a few weeks back. I was the one mewtwo player who shows up every once in a while.
M2 player? Damn that must be a rough life.

Last edited:

DarkPancake

Smash Cadet
I had a blast at my first weekly! Thanks everyone for being so cool. Special shoutouts to one mr. Chukwaffles for being the second best player in The Breakfast Club. *bang bang*

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
If I was to have Pumpinz House It's a melee miracle fest #3 (accredited by Marz's unofficial official commission of non-accredited smash fests) this Saturday who would be willing to come?

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
...What! since when are there Ogden weeklies? They aren't posted on the first page like the other weeklies. Where are they? Weber?
D O U B L E P O S T B O Y S
They are at Hastings in North Ogden. I don't use Smash boards to get info out. Facebook is more viable.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
ok im gonna be in utah valley from tomorrow afternoon til saturday evening

DA and remi already said theyre down to play somewhere but is there actually a place we can hold an impromptu weekly or sumthin sumthin

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
sorry, guys. i'm incredibly daft. i forgot to press stream/record for the wii u matches. it was in preview mode the entire time. so the whole time i was talking to no one *and* i don't have a copy of the wii u matches -_-''.

thanks to all those who came out to the weekly this week. i promise things will run smoother and faster in the future. if anyone wants to check out the replays, here's the youtube playlist for the melee tournament. there were some hype moments like @ Death Arcana Death Arcana 's 0-to-death combo, Lada's never-say-die recovery, ME's quick 2-stock lead, and nice matches from newcomers @ DarkPancake DarkPancake and Dog Face.

@ wangston wangston and @ Pumpinz Pumpinz if something goes down this weekend, let me know. i can carpool with you @ wangston wangston . and if people want, i can try to record the matches to get more practice with it and such ;-)

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
I had a feeling they were not going to be there
Now no one gets to see what i did to rjs little Mac
The evidence is gone lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yo Wangston I'm down for something on Sunday or next week, I work every day this week

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
If I was to have Pumpinz House It's a melee miracle fest #3 (accredited by Marz's unofficial official commission of non-accredited smash fests) this Saturday who would be willing to come?
I'll show up. And then afterwards everybody will be on smashboards like "Shoutouts to @ Pumpk1nz Pumpk1nz for hosting such a sick fest!"

wangston

Smash Lord
We could do Sunday if that works better for everyone? Yaz texted me and said he would be down. If people want sunday we can do it then. I will host it here in Provo and I will provide cash money for people traveling for slc or further. I want this to be a fest for the ages.

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
If it's in provo, I'll probably need a ride. Anyone carpooling?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I can confirm for Sunday and I can pick up people along the way.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
a lot
its never a boring moment in the 801

i second a fest on sunday and making it in the slc
middle ground for everyone else

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Getting news out is alot easier on Facebook than on the Trollboards. People check Facebook more frequently than here. So sorry if you misconstrued what I was saying.
I check smashboards more than the utah facebook group. =/

sadly the facebook group has more trolling in comparison to the boards.

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
I check smashboards more than the utah facebook group. =/

sadly the facebook group has more trolling in comparison to the boards.
Idk, they're both pretty damn troll.
And personally I get notifications from the fb page, and the posts just show up on my news feed even if I don't bother checking them. So I'm far more likely to get info on fb before here

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I delete some of the trolling. =/ It does get out of hand because of how fast facebook allows replies. =/

Top Bottom