• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

BlackL1ght

Smash Cadet
Sweet, it looks like there's plenty of activity here, to be sure. I can't start doing much until after my last final on Monday but after that we should do something in Logan. I play Brawl and PM and I'm super excited for the 3DS Sm4sh. Can't make it to the Y this Saturday though.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
ggs everyone thanks for coming, had a bunch of fun. also, for those who don't know, net will be the best melee player in UT in 1-2 years at the most. dude reminds me of a young @Dart and has gobs of potential. and he's like 15 or something.
He reminds me of PewPewU a little.
not a knock to other people by any means but the way he's playing at his age is very noteworthy to me. he was learning a lot mid set while we were playing, not necessarily succeeding at avoiding punishment but at least changing movement and hesitating to the point where he's aware of what I'm beating him with and actively trying to cover the weaknesses that im exploiting
that's always the sign of a talented player and when combined with his age i think it's a safe bet to put my $$$ on him

there's a lot of up and comers though, shiro you've improved a lot since the first time we played, for instance, and i haven't even seen your final form (or, at least, new form XD ) . and let's not forget our favorite poster @Death Arcana who is on a silent grind and has already proven himself to be a contender in brawl. then you have your alkemyst's and beekeeper's who are wily ol' vets who I have already confirmed are extremely skilled at halo 1 and know how to win games, but need more time to learn the quirky melee mechanics and matchups. then there's the young bird ascending over the mountains who's name verifies that he measures melee distances. but you will soon learn the 2nd meaning of his name, @ Meleeruler Meleeruler . and don't count out the fringe players, our notable ICs and doc extraordinaires steady grinding in the shadows with their nitch characters. and word on the street is there's a puff player coming from brawl who has a silly forum name but is in fact a patient and frustrating opponent, ready to put you on tilt and take a nap - @ socandrewcer socandrewcer

I may be leaving soon (along with @ Jekyll Jekyll ) but I'm confident you guys will continue to develop and flourish. the utah melee scene I see in 2016 is gunna be a ****ing force, with or without my old ***. @Sexy Yaz and @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos , I trust you guys will keep the community in good hands with the efforts and accommodation of @ Tsuteto Tsuteto . you guys are the best. doesn't even feel like the same place I moved into when I first came in 2013.
Just trying to add to that Utah: The Thread book, I see.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
quick update for those going to the byu thing: i just talked to the guard at the gate and he told me that the gates and underground parking will be open at 5pm since it's now considered spring/summer for byu, so feel free to come down and park at the underground parking. also, when you get here, i'm implementing a name tag and sticker system so people will know who's up for a money match, who likes to play competitively, and who likes to play for fun. look for the asian guy with a white shirt and khaki's on. thanks!

p.s. since we'll be in the basement, cell phone reception is bad, so make sure you account for that if you need to contact people.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
quick update for those going to the byu thing: i just talked to the guard at the gate and he told me that the gates and underground parking will be open at 5pm since it's now considered spring/summer for byu, so feel free to come down and park at the underground parking. also, when you get here, i'm implementing a name tag and sticker system so people will know who's up for a money match, who likes to play competitively, and who likes to play for fun. look for the asian guy with a white shirt and khaki's on. thanks!

p.s. since we'll be in the basement, cell phone reception is bad, so make sure you account for that if you need to contact people.
OMG TAG SYSTEM FOR MM THIS IS BRILLIANT.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
im so ready to bring my B game to neumont on saturday guys

yall best b scared

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I'll Pikachu ditto one and all, but no money. It's still experimental, I've only played my Pika against my cousin and by myself.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You can't expect me to notice when the person control transferred over to (and probably most people here) didn't even notice, as well. Well, I'm glad it finally happened, since the last time I brought it up, nothing happened and the situation continued until now.
Every single time youre at your Watched Threads section, it shows the avatar and name of the Thread owner right there in the thread's info, so you definitely had the opportunity to notice it, no johns.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
To be fair I only access this thread through alerts & when I see it on the top of the regional zones forums, so it's not that big of a stretch for no one to notice for a while.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Every single time youre at your Watched Threads section, it shows the avatar and name of the Thread owner right there in the thread's info, so you definitely had the opportunity to notice it, no johns.
I only access this thread through alerts
What he said. The only time I checked the Watched Threads page is when SmashBoards goes dumb and stops giving alerts for a certain thread even when I've read the thread since the last alert was sent. After a while, I notice and check the Watched Thread page to see if that was indeed what happened, since the Watched Thread page doesn't seem to have that problem. Luckily, the alerts have been working correctly for a while, so hopefully that mean it has been completely fixed.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Did you notice?

And the way the Smash community uses "Johns" as a comeback is overused, since it is used in any case, whether or not the case is logical or understandable (e.g. "Too busy to keep up with the community since you've been having a lot of overtime at work? LOL JOHNS!").

Last edited:

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
What room in the Library is the Smash fest? I might show up at the endish of it. Depending on if you guys are legitimately ending at 12.

Also, Tomacawk do you have a throwaway DotA account? I need to work on my support game/learn how to micro better (it's pretty piss-poor), you think you could help me out?

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I'm new to the whole Smash community, but I've been playing since the N64. Someone on /r/SmashBros pointed me this direction. I want to get into competitive smashing, it looks like a ton of fun, and I'm super excited for the 3DS version of SSB4.
sup

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i can but im extremely competitive and can't stand losing, and i also am unable to picture who you are, so no thx

make sure you introduce/re-introduce yourself to me this saturday and i'll probably be willing to play a few games

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Did you notice?

And the way the Smash community uses "Johns" as a comeback is overused, since it is used in any case, whether or not the case is logical or understandable (e.g. "Too busy to keep up with the community since you've been having a lot of overtime at work? LOL JOHNS!").
lol no need to be salty about it bro

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I keep getting confused by others' posts. Is there some other smashfest going on tomorrow night?

What Time?
6 PM. It's the only realistic time I can start due to work. You guys OK with an evening of practice before Saturday? Or is that too short?

Top Bottom