• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
honestly, i'm not sure, which is another reason i'm not going to go to my friend's warehouse to pick up extra crts. i'd guess we would have anywhere from 10-20 at any given time during the night based on the response i saw at the facebook group and from people i invited personally, but that could be off since i didn't confirm with anyone. while i'd love for you to attend, ogden is pretty far from provo, and this isn't an all day event (although no one has the room reserved that day so we could probably start earlier if we wanted :-p), so no hard feelings if you choose not to come. if it's any incentive, i'll $5 mm you 3 times if you come. and since i'm terrible, that's like $15 to negate part of the travel cost :-p.
I decided that I'm gonna drive down so you best get that money ready ;)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
In that case, give the job (that's not apparently yours) to someone else. Just personally request (to Aerodrome or someone) to change control of the first post to someone like Tsuteto. I don't know if having control of the first post gives you a sense of superiority or not, but just make this change for the betterment of the community.
lol. So like, ive just been waiting for you to notice it yourself, but apparently thats not happening.

Look at the thread owner. That happened like 12 hours ago bro.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
lol. So like, ive just been waiting for you to notice it yourself, but apparently thats not happening.

I didn't even notice it XD PMs tend to help there (then again, was at work, so I guess not too much could have been done)

This just in... Dr. Mario can crouch under Ganon's punch without getting hit.... Doc is now better than fox.
Who cares when I can just boot you?

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
GGs today Alchemyst and Tomacawk Tomacawk . If any of you want to go golfing or play Halo 1, let me know cuz that's my **** right now. We can smash on the side.
You don't want to go golfing with me. Went to the driving range with my dad a few times, once hit the ball cleanly. The ball went maybe two feet, while the club head went like five feet.

In other news! Thread updated to reflect current happenings. If you'd like to see other things, let me know.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You don't want to go golfing with me. Went to the driving range with my dad a few times, once hit the ball cleanly. The ball went maybe two feet, while the club head went like five feet.

In other news! Thread updated to reflect current happenings. If you'd like to see other things, let me know.
I'd like to see one ice cream please

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

You can't expect me to notice when the person control transferred over to (and probably most people here) didn't even notice, as well. Well, I'm glad it finally happened, since the last time I brought it up, nothing happened and the situation continued until now.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ggs everyone thanks for coming, had a bunch of fun. also, for those who don't know, net will be the best melee player in UT in 1-2 years at the most. dude reminds me of a young @Dart and has gobs of potential. and he's like 15 or something.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
not a knock to other people by any means but the way he's playing at his age is very noteworthy to me. he was learning a lot mid set while we were playing, not necessarily succeeding at avoiding punishment but at least changing movement and hesitating to the point where he's aware of what I'm beating him with and actively trying to cover the weaknesses that im exploiting
that's always the sign of a talented player and when combined with his age i think it's a safe bet to put my $$$ on him

there's a lot of up and comers though, shiro you've improved a lot since the first time we played, for instance, and i haven't even seen your final form (or, at least, new form XD ) . and let's not forget our favorite poster @Death Arcana who is on a silent grind and has already proven himself to be a contender in brawl. then you have your alkemyst's and beekeeper's who are wily ol' vets who I have already confirmed are extremely skilled at halo 1 and know how to win games, but need more time to learn the quirky melee mechanics and matchups. then there's the young bird ascending over the mountains who's name verifies that he measures melee distances. but you will soon learn the 2nd meaning of his name, @ Meleeruler Meleeruler . and don't count out the fringe players, our notable ICs and doc extraordinaires steady grinding in the shadows with their nitch characters. and word on the street is there's a puff player coming from brawl who has a silly forum name but is in fact a patient and frustrating opponent, ready to put you on tilt and take a nap - @ socandrewcer socandrewcer

I may be leaving soon (along with @ Jekyll Jekyll ) but I'm confident you guys will continue to develop and flourish. the utah melee scene I see in 2016 is gunna be a ****ing force, with or without my old ass. @Sexy Yaz and @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos , I trust you guys will keep the community in good hands with the efforts and accommodation of @ Tsuteto Tsuteto . you guys are the best. doesn't even feel like the same place I moved into when I first came in 2013.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Of course, I'll be on my mission in 1-2 years, so he can have top spot lol.

But I'll definitely be coming back to claim it.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
not a knock to other people by any means but the way he's playing at his age is very noteworthy to me. he was learning a lot mid set while we were playing, not necessarily succeeding at avoiding punishment but at least changing movement and hesitating to the point where he's aware of what I'm beating him with and actively trying to cover the weaknesses that im exploiting
that's always the sign of a talented player and when combined with his age i think it's a safe bet to put my $$$ on him

there's a lot of up and comers though, shiro you've improved a lot since the first time we played, for instance, and i haven't even seen your final form (or, at least, new form XD ) . and let's not forget our favorite poster @Death Arcana who is on a silent grind and has already proven himself to be a contender in brawl. then you have your alkemyst's and beekeeper's who are wily ol' vets who I have already confirmed are extremely skilled at halo 1 and know how to win games, but need more time to learn the quirky melee mechanics and matchups. then there's the young bird ascending over the mountains who's name verifies that he measures melee distances. but you will soon learn the 2nd meaning of his name, @ Meleeruler Meleeruler . and don't count out the fringe players, our notable ICs and doc extraordinaires steady grinding in the shadows with their nitch characters. and word on the street is there's a puff player coming from brawl who has a silly forum name but is in fact a patient and frustrating opponent, ready to put you on tilt and take a nap - @ socandrewcer socandrewcer

I may be leaving soon (along with @ Jekyll Jekyll ) but I'm confident you guys will continue to develop and flourish. the utah melee scene I see in 2016 is gunna be a ****ing force, with or without my old ***. @Sexy Yaz and @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos , I trust you guys will keep the community in good hands with the efforts and accommodation of @ Tsuteto Tsuteto . you guys are the best. doesn't even feel like the same place I moved into when I first came in 2013.
This is all I could think of while reading this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJn69FgEko

Also @ Jekyll Jekyll is Black Shadow. For reasons.

edit: better version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-gvLxF8vg#t=955

edit2: a worse version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5OkdP3-r8

edit3: a dota version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykbVt1ZaJM

edit4: another version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWnoYF930gM#t=354

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero

I may be leaving soon (along with @ Jekyll Jekyll ) but I'm confident you guys will continue to develop and flourish. the utah melee scene I see in 2016 is gunna be a ****ing force, with or without my old ***. @Sexy Yaz and @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos , I trust you guys will keep the community in good hands with the efforts and accommodation of @ Tsuteto Tsuteto . you guys are the best. doesn't even feel like the same place I moved into when I first came in 2013.
WTF did I just read?

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
What do you guys think of me maining Pikachu? I've been practicing him secretly for the past two months, and I love his playstyle, but I'm hesitant due to him being, well, upper mid tier.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What do you guys think of me maining Pikachu? I've been practicing him secretly for the past two months, and I love his playstyle, but I'm hesitant due to him being, well, upper mid tier.
In melee or pm?

Top Bottom