• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alright dota practice got canceled double jk smash is green light
i'm probably not waiting until 5 so if people wanna play earlier i might just host **** at my place

me and alkemyst will play for sure

newcomers get ahold of me and lmk what's up, 8o1 2five9 5six88 . text me because i'll probably be eating in public and i'd rather be texting than talking (if i have to do either)
i live in the avenues, just east of downtown SLC for those who don't know and are considering playing

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
for those who are going to the smash/hack fest tomorrow, here are directions from i15: https://goo.gl/maps/slHxX. also i created this image to help you be aware of what to look out for when you get near: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8KlDEb7bMoJTk84WmhNUDV2cGs/edit?pli=1. it's a large image, so be sure to zoom in to see details, especially around the gated booth and ramp down to the underground parking. if anything is unclear or if you have questions about getting to the flac, let me know.

also, since i'm too lazy to transport a bunch of crts myself, i'll provide asian bbq meat for those who bring a setup (crt, power strip, system). i'll bring my crt of course, but hopefully the promise of a delicious meal will be incentive enough for more people to bring a setup ;-).

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
for those who are going to the smash/hack fest tomorrow, here are directions from i15: https://goo.gl/maps/slHxX. also i created this image to help you be aware of what to look out for when you get near: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8KlDEb7bMoJTk84WmhNUDV2cGs/edit?pli=1. it's a large image, so be sure to zoom in to see details, especially around the gated booth and ramp down to the underground parking. if anything is unclear or if you have questions about getting to the flac, let me know.

also, since i'm too lazy to transport a bunch of crts myself, i'll provide asian bbq meat for those who bring a setup (crt, power strip, system). i'll bring my crt of course, but hopefully the promise of a delicious meal will be incentive enough for more people to bring a setup ;-).
How many people do you have going? I'm debating if it's worth the drive.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I like how the thread still brags about a tournament coming on April 12.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
honestly, i'm not sure, which is another reason i'm not going to go to my friend's warehouse to pick up extra crts. i'd guess we would have anywhere from 10-20 at any given time during the night based on the response i saw at the facebook group and from people i invited personally, but that could be off since i didn't confirm with anyone. while i'd love for you to attend, ogden is pretty far from provo, and this isn't an all day event (although no one has the room reserved that day so we could probably start earlier if we wanted :-p), so no hard feelings if you choose not to come. if it's any incentive, i'll $5 mm you 3 times if you come. and since i'm terrible, that's like $15 to negate part of the travel cost :-p.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Kk I'll be going... also... do you wanna come over today for some smash? Remi said he's going so you could get a ride with him
Do you got an extra controller. I'm in SLC but forgot my controller in case anyone wanted to smash :(
alright dota practice got canceled double jk smash is green light
i'm probably not waiting until 5 so if people wanna play earlier i might just host **** at my place

me and alkemyst will play for sure

newcomers get ahold of me and lmk what's up, 8o1 2five9 5six88 . text me because i'll probably be eating in public and i'd rather be texting than talking (if i have to do either)
i live in the avenues, just east of downtown SLC for those who don't know and are considering playing
Same question as above

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
the room is reserved at 5pm, but the underground parking opens up at 7pm. i think the parking spots just south and west of the jfsb will be open all day since it's between semesters. i'll probably focus mainly on helping people hack their systems between 5-7 since i'm assuming more people will come around 7 with the parking opening up (although i'll have things set up so people can play as well). the building technically closes at midnight, but we may be able to push it to 1am (we definitely need to leave by then since that's when the parking closes).

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
I'll bring a set up tomorrow. If I can't contribute to this community with skill (yet), I'll contribute with manpower!

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
@ Remioli Remioli Ya just go to tomacawks... i'll probably be going there too then... mind giving me a ride btw?
I doubt I'll go. I have a birthday dinner at 7. Between a bus ride home, showering and driving to toma's, I'd hardly get to play before I had to leave haha. I'll make it next time though. You could just walk there.

It's probably like a mile. Or I'm sure there's a bus.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I will make sure you are safe. That worry will be forever silenced. You will know that you are the safest person in all of Tinkertown

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I will make sure you are safe. That worry will be forever silenced. You will know that you are the safest person in all of Tinkertown
Jekyll.... Sinz is now your master and you are his slave.... next thing you know Sinz will address Jekyll as "monkey" and at tournaments Sinz will have Jekyll dance for us as entertainment.

Now I really can't wait for this Saturday

Last edited:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Well hopefully I'll be there. Work kicking my *** lately. Just got promoted :D

But really, 80/20 matchup vs pikachu, wonder who's gonna win -_-

Edit: Not saying I wouldn't still do it haha
Lolz do you have a submain to counterpick?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I like how the thread still brags about a tournament coming on April 12.
If Tsuteto was in charge of the thread, I wouldn't doubt that he would constantly keep it updated without anyone having to tell him to change it. That would make things flow much more smoothly than the current "system" that we have to get the title changed. Can we actually get a community vote to transfer it over to Tsuteto so that someone with power can finally go through with this?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'm in logan.

Just tell zz and he will change the title

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
@ Pumpinz Pumpinz great practice my dude!!! The Falco is getting good. And The Falcon is real. Keep at it my dude sorry I wasn't playing my best really exhausted from flying all day.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just tell zz and he will change the title
^

Edit: Wtf PC im right here, nobody has asked me to change anything yet so i havent. Im not being slow i just havent been asked.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
^

Edit: Wtf PC im right here, nobody has asked me to change anything yet so i havent. Im not being slow i just havent been asked.
That's my entire point. You shouldn't have to be asked if you truly want to keep the community informed.

I'm not calling you slow, I'm calling the system where people need to ask for updates slow.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
In that case, give the job (that's not apparently yours) to someone else. Just personally request (to Aerodrome or someone) to change control of the first post to someone like Tsuteto. I don't know if having control of the first post gives you a sense of superiority or not, but just make this change for the betterment of the community.

の 。の Felon

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjaketheman
honestly, i'm not sure, which is another reason i'm not going to go to my friend's warehouse to pick up extra crts. i'd guess we would have anywhere from 10-20 at any given time during the night based on the response i saw at the facebook group and from people i invited personally, but that could be off since i didn't confirm with anyone. while i'd love for you to attend, ogden is pretty far from provo, and this isn't an all day event (although no one has the room reserved that day so we could probably start earlier if we wanted :-p), so no hard feelings if you choose not to come. if it's any incentive, i'll $5 mm you 3 times if you come. and since i'm terrible, that's like $15 to negate part of the travel cost :-p.
Count me in as a for sure! I'll bring a setup and will be there about 5 until whenever. And thanks for the directions, even after living in Provo most of my life BYU campus is confusing.

Top Bottom