• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
I still hold that Mango can win the counterpicking war by going Falcon if Armada counterpicks FD again.
duuuuuuuude i've been saying this since before INY. I'm confident in mango's falcon enough to the point where it can take down armada's fox due to a lack of experience and it has good shot against the peach as well. would be so sik.

DarkPancake

Smash Cadet
Great now I have to download and practice 3.6. Its still beta, why run it at tournaments already? Not that I'm really complaining. Ness got mostly buffs :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Great now I have to download and practice 3.6. Its still beta, why run it at tournaments already? Not that I'm really complaining. Ness got mostly buffs :D
Because literally every other tournament in pm is in 3.6b and the balance changes are going to be staying?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You realized that every other initial release of PM (e.g. 2.5, 3.0) was technically "beta" as well? People still always used it anyway, since it's still vastly superior to the previous version. The only reason it's called "beta" this time is because they changed their naming scheme again. They opt to name it this so that they can name the final one with the bugs fixes as plainly "3.6", instead of doing what they did in the past and having the bug fix update be sometime like 3.6b or 3.6.1.

DarkPancake

Smash Cadet
Oh nvm tim just said that melee is at 6, PM at 8. That means I can't go sadly. :C I was practicing all day. I'm sad

Last edited:

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Any word on the Kaysville weekly this week? It falls on the 4th.
There won't be tournaments there for a month because both saturdays fall on big events, (4th and evo) We were planning on doing it earlier but some people said they would rather just wait.

wangston

Smash Lord
Anyone want to let me borrow a psp? Digimon world redigitized is finally done being translated and I want to play it on he system not on my computer.

Also I'm probably going to play smash4 at Staz's and Lada's place tomorrow. Come rocky.

Aztc

Smash Rookie
Thanks, but dumb me can't seem to find the event on Wednesdays, only the one at Provo. I just need the address

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Hey @BillNyeTheSamusGuy

I have really bad news bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Y66G4v7O4

Run past Fsmash is Tafo's stuff
ya, a "utah" is supposed to be something so fraudulent that only players from utah would get hit by it. and one of the first strings to get that moniker was *walk* past shield into fsmash with samus. but with semantic drift, it became crossover shield with anything (run, wavedash, etc.) into fsmash, which, imo, can be a decent mixup and isn't fraudulent enough to be labeled as a "utah" :-p.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Anyone want to let me borrow a psp? Digimon world redigitized is finally done being translated and I want to play it on he system not on my computer.

Also I'm probably going to play smash4 at Staz's and Lada's place tomorrow. Come rocky.
Can't wait to **** you in the ass

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
All of your "Utah sucks lol" jokes are not funny anymore and haven't been funny for weeks. Constantly talking about how bad everyone is has gotten ridiculously old. Especially during commentary.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
A friend of mine recently got Smash 4, it's fun, and it made me really want to get back into Melee. Are there any tourneys/friendlies up by way of Cache Valley or Box Elder County?
Yeah there are tourneys for both every saturday in Logan. It's at The Fusion Gaming Lounge. Registration starts at 4 pm and they start at 430 pm. Just a warning there's only one crt set upusually and the rest are hdtvs. So melee lags. I've been bringing my crt, but they don't have enough set ups as it is.

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be interested in coming to Cedar City on the 15th? We could have a fest that day and I might be able to house a few people.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
@Death Arcana I'll pay you back, no problem. If you go to AX booth 1642 and buy me the Mega64 charm shirt in Adult XL. It's con-exclusive and I wanted it so badly. Hopefully it's not out of stock. Thanks, man.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Tomorrow this event is happening, so be prepared! $10 registration, chance for up $30 store credit to Game Changerz, and qualification for their Grand Event which has up to a $150 shopping, lifetime membership, and your name forever immortalized on a store trophy. First Salt Lake qualifier below (others in coming weeks, check out their main page for more info):

https://www.facebook.com/events/1675907915977218/

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Sinz Sinz will you be home either tomorrow morning or saturday morning? i'm heading over to oregon and i figured i can drop off your game. and if i can chill for a little bit to take a rest from driving, that would be koo too ;-).

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
@ Sinz Sinz will you be home either tomorrow morning or saturday morning? i'm heading over to oregon and i figured i can drop off your game. and if i can chill for a little bit to take a rest from driving, that would be koo too ;-).
Yeah thats fine. I'm working graves the next two night so I'd probably be sleeping but you are to chill here.
801-885-1875
480 e 400 n Logan Utah

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there are tourneys for both every saturday in Logan. It's at The Fusion Gaming Lounge. Registration starts at 4 pm and they start at 430 pm. Just a warning there's only one crt set upusually and the rest are hdtvs. So melee lags. I've been bringing my crt, but they don't have enough set ups as it is.
Fantastic, however, I can't help with the crt situation, but I do I have a lightweight 24 inch hdtv. So I can bring another set up if needed. Unfortunately, my schedule has me working most Saturdays, but I will plan on that next free one I get. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom