• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
oh my gosh i love that so much can you teach me when you get here for evo

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
What's the schedule for the Haj tournament in Kaysville? I can probably attend that with some regularity.
It's the first and third saturday of every month. We'll have an extra one this week because of the way the month is. We are only doing smash 4 at this tourney.

Doubles starts at 5 (we may stop having double because the people that wan't doubles aren't showing up for them)
and Singles starts at 7

Pyr

Smash Lord
It's the first and third saturday of every month. We'll have an extra one this week because of the way the month is. We are only doing smash 4 at this tourney.

Doubles starts at 5 (we may stop having double because the people that wan't doubles aren't showing up for them)
and Singles starts at 7
So next one is the 30th?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts to...

@ DuskMarthWater DuskMarthWater for coming out with some rexburg smashers
@Logos for a great run! Knocking @ DuskMarthWater DuskMarthWater into loser's, finally defeating X, and taking @ net1234 net1234 out of tourney
@ Jekyll Jekyll for taking out @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos in pm and @ DuskMarthWater DuskMarthWater in melee
@bellsworth46 for having a stream and bracket available for viewers up the entire tourney ;-)
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for further solidifying his number 1 spot in the ratings while still showing that he can't chaingrab well with marth ;-)
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto for dropping it in tourney but bring it in friendlies :-p

Smash Journeyman
Also shoutouts to the Southern Utah players at Neumont. Unless you guys went 0-2 in bracket, in which case I retract your shoutouts, and forbid you from returning.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for further solidifying his number 1 spot in the ratings while still showing that he can't chaingrab well with marth ;-)
LOL It's been almost a decade since I actually rigorously practiced chain-grabbing with Marth. Give me a break! :p

And where were you, man?

"The road through the loser's bracket is a long and tiring one"
-Jekyll 2015
It's a long and rough road. Hence why I like to stay in the winner's bracket the whole way through. ;)

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
LOL It's been almost a decade since I actually rigorously practiced chain-grabbing with Marth. Give me a break! :p

And where were you, man?

It's a long and rough road. Hence why I like to stay in the winner's bracket the whole way through. ;)
food poisoning relegated me to my bedroom and bathroom today... sad times -_-''.

net1234

Smash Ace
never been saltier in my life :p with summer coming up im gonna be on that grind. best be prepared next neumont

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to the Nortah guys for being super chill and to 2johns specifically for exposing my peach MU. You guys should come down to slc weekly every once in a while.

Shoutouts to steamfriedasian for being amazing.

Shoutouts to billnye. Im sorry dude, but according to the rankings it was always gonna be a blow out :/

Also, for those of you who don't know already, I leave to Japan on my mission on July 22nd so I gotta **** you guys up before then.

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
It was a good tourney for sure last night. Had people from Idaho and Wyoming to participate.

I had a grand time with you guys :)

Logos you played very well yesterday. I like the Falco, it's coming along nicely. Don't get a big head though.

Net you scrub. Let's play more, seriously.

PC good work being good at this game, and being someone I can respect as a human being.

Jekyll for being the respectable gentlemen you always are, and probably the only person I can play a match with where we're both just utterly exhausted and playing like total scrubs, and not actually feel even the slightest bit of disappointment in my level of play because it was fun :)

I'd like to come back soon and play some more; I'd love the experience in improving mental stamina. I guess I'm *kinda* satisfied with winning PM, but since I'm a scrub in PM compared to Melee and I don't really care about it only kind of haha. I am thinking about driving down June 5th-6th just to play anyone who wants to play, all evening Friday and all day Saturday. I would absolutely love to play more games :) Anyone up for a weekend smashfest that weekend? I might even bring some $1 bills to do some MM's. Nothing big, just something to make it a tad bit more serious to get the training on for reals.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Shoutouts to billnye. Im sorry dude, but according to the rankings it was always gonna be a blow out :/
You keep saying this, but I keep out placing you at tournaments.
Just realized that the two of you are now right by each other on the rankings! I guess this is another fierce rivalry in Utah (for another 2 months).

And X dropped quite a bit for some reason. Even Staz is above him, now, despite X having a much better win percentage. I guess going to tournaments and not placing well is worse than not entering at all?

Jekyll...because it was fun :)
How can anyone play that Luigi and say that it was fun... Blasphemy!

And it looks like you're now officially 2nd on our PM rankings, with your performance yesterday. LOL

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
And X dropped quite a bit for some reason. Even Staz is above him, now, despite X having a much better win percentage. I guess going to tournaments and not placing well is worse than not entering at all?
losing to people ranked considerably lower than you will drop your rank faster than the natural decay. x lost to smoom, tsuteto, logos, and roguay all within a week. all of those players were ranked lower than him :-p.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, Logos and Roguay proved in the last tournament that they should be placed higher than where they were, at the very least. XD But I guess if he lost of all of them, then I guess it's fitting that he's grouped with them.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Guys I'm hiding in a bathroom as a tornado passes overhead and the last thing I wanted to post on the Internet before I died is coming here to tell you guys Devon will never beat my secondaries in tournament.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
fyi, we're dropping smash 4 doubles for the weekly at the provo game den. so tomorrow we'll have smash 4 singles at 6pm, and melee singles at 8pm.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Im moving to Utah pretty soon, can I have some information on a scene?
Northern, Central, or Southern Utah? Please provide a map of your own creation to illustrate location.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
By the way, I will not be running the Hang Time weekly this week. When I do get back into town to host it, I'm considering dropping Smash 4 singles and replacing it with Melee Singles (PM at 7 and Melee at 9ish) after reading up on what people have been suggesting over the past 2 weeks.

nobodyshowsanywayso¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
So I want to get back into melee after not playing it after so long but I feel like I'm so many years behind it's not worth it. Have any of you come in to the competitive melee scene late?

Top Bottom