• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Zerg_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-3815-6289
Shoutout to the Kaysville weekly group for being badass.
Are you talking about the Kaysville Bi-Monthly, or the Layton weekly? I get so confused with your posts referring to things like a Kaysville Bi-Weekly(wouldn't that mean twice a week?) which as far as I know, doesn't exist.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Bi-weekly (or monthly or equivalent) can technically mean either twice a week, or every other week.

Moral: English is dumb.

Pyr

Smash Lord

Pyr

Smash Lord
16+ iirc. Enough to justify 5 rounds between start and grand finals without losing.

edit: Double elem singles

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Sinz Sinz do you still keep in touch with the idaho pm crew? vegas wants to do a crew battle against them. can we make it happen at the next smasher's tale?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah I do. I'm with the Twin Falls crew right now lol

I'll talk to them ^_^

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
So I'm retiring that Pro Controller now that I got a Gamecube controller that isn't ****. Holy balls the GC one just feels nicer.

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
This just in: All tournaments are now Wiimote only
Can I use my Mario Kart Steering wheel attachment? I just like the grip better.

[/quote]
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ultimate-smash-4-ruleset-poll.402577/

They're trying to make a universal ruleset for Sm4sh.

I went for 3 Stock 8 min, Customs on, and trying to make Gamer legal. if you get hit by the mom in Gamer, its your own damn fault just like Halbred's stage hazards.
You should also have to sd a stock if it hits you. Deuces if it kills you.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
@ Sinz Sinz do you still keep in touch with the idaho pm crew? vegas wants to do a crew battle against them. can we make it happen at the next smasher's tale?
I guess we're not good enough for them to want to challenge us?
This just in: All tournaments are now Wiimote only
If you can get it working for Melee, I would total want to have a tournament like that. :p

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
done playing smash until july 10th when i boot camp hard for EVO

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
done playing smash until july 10th when i boot camp hard for EVO
Yo you'd better have that $50 ready then because I'm bootcamping hard from now until EVO.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about the Kaysville Bi-Monthly, or the Layton weekly? I get so confused with your posts referring to things like a Kaysville Bi-Weekly(wouldn't that mean twice a week?) which as far as I know, doesn't exist.
this is one of many reasons why the nortah people--or just everyone in general--need to consolidate. i don't get why there are separate communities for smash. last week, a new person came to the provo game den weekly wanting to play someone they talked to in a random utah smash facebook page (not the actual utah smash facebook group). of course that person wasn't there and no one new who he was since it was someone who doesn't interact with the main scene :-p.

btw, tonight at the provo game den weekly, pm is starting at 6 and melee is starting at 8.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tbh though, thats bound to happen in a state this big with a smallish population. We're few and very spread out on top of it, having someone from a facebook group be nowhere nearby is totally common unless we wanted like 3 different facebook groups, but in general the scene is too small for that. Its gonna happen just due to the place we live.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Tbh though, thats bound to happen in a state this big with a smallish population. We're few and very spread out on top of it, having someone from a facebook group be nowhere nearby is totally common unless we wanted like 3 different facebook groups, but in general the scene is too small for that. Its gonna happen just due to the place we live.
we're not talking about salt lake versus cedar city here. we're talking about people who chose to have two separate groups when their venues were within walking distance of each other :-p. people make it sounds like it's quite a chore to drive 5-10 extra minutes to play with a larger player pool. it's not that hard to carpool :-p.

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
this is one of many reasons why the nortah people--or just everyone in general--need to consolidate. i don't get why there are separate communities for smash. last week, a new person came to the provo game den weekly wanting to play someone they talked to in a random utah smash facebook page (not the actual utah smash facebook group). of course that person wasn't there and no one new who he was since it was someone who doesn't interact with the main scene :-p.

btw, tonight at the provo game den weekly, pm is starting at 6 and melee is starting at 8.
we're not talking about salt lake versus cedar city here. we're talking about people who chose to have two separate groups when their venues were within walking distance of each other :-p. people make it sounds like it's quite a chore to drive 5-10 extra minutes to play with a larger player pool. it's not that hard to carpool :-p.
More options >>> "Community Consolidation"
Perhaps people will, initially, get confused but once someone clarifies it's no longer an issue. Having more options only benefits our scene because it doesn't force a schedule on a smasher. Alot of us are in school or have jobs and we're not free at certain times.

I remember when some were skeptical of the UofU weekly because there was already a salt lake weekly. But the salt lake weekly continued going strong and the UofU weekly had good turnouts as well. Where is the issue then?

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
It has been made clear on Facebook that there is a lot of demand for a crew battle between "smash and burn" and RJ aka GangstaKirbz.

All smash and burn members vs. RJ in each individual game, including 64, brawl minus and brawl plus. This will take a long time, so I suggest we replace this Saturday's neumont with this glorious event.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
On a different subject (since what @ Remioli Remioli said is blasphemy LOL), I heard that you can transfer custom movesets for Smash 4 from a 3DS to a Wii U? Is this just transferring the pre-set settings and that the Wii U owner still has to unlock all of the custom moves themselves, or does this allow for the duplication of all of the unlockable customs? I have some friends that want to play with all of the custom moves, but I don't want to have to unlock all of them myself, since I never really play Smash 4 by myself to unlock them.

Pyr

Smash Lord
On a different subject (since what @ Remioli Remioli said is blasphemy LOL), I heard that you can transfer custom movesets for Smash 4 from a 3DS to a Wii U? Is this just transferring the pre-set settings and that the Wii U owner still has to unlock all of the custom moves themselves, or does this allow for the duplication of all of the unlockable customs? I have some friends that want to play with all of the custom moves, but I don't want to have to unlock all of them myself, since I never really play Smash 4 by myself to unlock them.
See this for more details: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-initial-release.381395/

The answer, however: They can be transferred one character at a time, but stick with the system until restart iirc. Transfer process takes a few minutes, and does NOT depend on the WiiU's unlocks at that time.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
See this for more details: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-initial-release.381395/

The answer, however: They can be transferred one character at a time, but stick with the system until restart iirc. Transfer process takes a few minutes, and does NOT depend on the WiiU's unlocks at that time.
The presets that get transferred over will stick around pretty much indefinitely (or at least mine seem to be). You can't edit the presets in any way, and you don't have access to the customs to build new sets, but the ones that are transferred from the 3ds will remain on the Wii U even after a restart.

Pyr

Smash Lord
The presets that get transferred over will stick around pretty much indefinitely (or at least mine seem to be). You can't edit the presets in any way, and you don't have access to the customs to build new sets, but the ones that are transferred from the 3ds will remain on the Wii U even after a restart.
Ooh. Nice. I was under the opposite impression. Even better then. =D

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Is there anyone here with a 3DS with the EVO preset that is coming to tomorrow's tournament at 801 Labs (or perhaps at the upcoming one at Neumont)? If so, can I get the preset from you?

Last edited:

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
Bi-weekly would mean once every two weeks. Semi-Weekly would mean twice a week.

*CoughRJcough*

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Alright scrubs I'mma comin' to Neumont on Saturday. Gon' put Soutah on the map. Well, more on the map. We're more than just a corner, I swear.

Also: Does Neumont have a stream?

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
More options >>> "Community Consolidation"
Perhaps people will, initially, get confused but once someone clarifies it's no longer an issue. Having more options only benefits our scene because it doesn't force a schedule on a smasher. Alot of us are in school or have jobs and we're not free at certain times.

I remember when some were skeptical of the UofU weekly because there was already a salt lake weekly. But the salt lake weekly continued going strong and the UofU weekly had good turnouts as well. Where is the issue then?
everyone wanted the uofu weekly to happen. every school should have their own smash club. we just didn't want it to be a paid weekly :-p. and just because uofu and slc weeklies continued to have decent turnout, you can't use that as an example of proof since we have an equally valid counter-example where the ogden weeklies went from having 30+ turnout to less that 10 when the kaysville weekly started up.

choice is great, and that's why lots of people have fests which is good. people should always be able to find someone to smash with. but if there was a tournament every day of the week, we would never get enough good players together to make them meaningful :-p. we had to twist some arms to make the byu vs uofu crew battle happen! if you truly think of yourself as a competitive player, you need to put in *some* effort to put yourself in competition with other people that may or may not live around you :-p.

It has been made clear on Facebook that there is a lot of demand for a crew battle between "smash and burn" and RJ aka GangstaKirbz.

All smash and burn members vs. RJ in each individual game, including 64, brawl minus and brawl plus. This will take a long time, so I suggest we replace this Saturday's neumont with this glorious event.
dude, you guys snowballed that facebook thread sooo bad. i don't think these crew battles are gonna happen. i think they took major offense to it and don't see it as friendly ribbing :-/.

p.s. just so everyone knows, we're gonna do smash 4 at 6pm, pm at 7pm, and melee at 8pm tomorrow for the salt lake weekly. we're starting sharp so smash 4 players take note of the change in time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom