• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
how does one punish a frequent roller?
The simplest was is to just not attack right away and follow the obvious roll. Like, if you would normally land and jab, just land and dash forward to grab their roll.

Sh*t like that. Frequent rollers are basically style mode activated cuz you can do whatever and know itll work. Like n**ga you can guarantee Falcon Punch if you know they'll roll.

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
If you're losing, maybe you just aren't good.
I can win if I'm playing well enough, my most recent loss I was getting stuck in shine quite a bit and I illusioned off stage mid-edgeguard. I just feel like the win should be coming so much easier than it is, and I feel like it's because I'm not playing the matchup right.

I dunno, maybe I just need to work on my neutral.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I can win if I'm playing well enough, my most recent loss I was getting stuck in shine quite a bit and I illusioned off stage mid-edgeguard. I just feel like the win should be coming so much easier than it is, and I feel like it's because I'm not playing the matchup right.

I dunno, maybe I just need to work on my neutral.
No Johns

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
A good chunk of Smash players don't even think about anything and just say it because it's the "cool" thing to say. Either that, or they have no real rebuttal and just spout it out as a all-purpose response to anything.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
A good chuck of Smash players don't even think about anything and just say it because it's the "cool" thing to say. Either that, or they have no real rebuttal and just spout it out as a all-purpose response to anything.
No Johns.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
A good chunk of Smash players don't even think about anything and just say it because it's the "cool" thing to say. Either that, or they have no real rebuttal and just spout it out as a all-purpose response to anything.
X move to taunt TRUE COMBO ecks dee

demodisc

Smash Rookie
We don't get enough people coming to pay the venue owner so it's a bit higher, hopefully if we get more people we can drop the venue fee quite a bit, would dropping it interest more people into coming?

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
We don't get enough people coming to pay the venue owner so it's a bit higher, hopefully if we get more people we can drop the venue fee quite a bit, would dropping it interest more people into coming?
That's weird that its expensive. The venue would probably help but idk how much.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There's a difference between a John and a reason you lost. Admitting you aren't good enough yet or don't know a matchup isn't a John. Saying you're tired or something is a John.
Omg this, I usually mention what I did wrong because saying it out loud helps me know exactly where I f*cked up, and people are always like 'no johns, no johns'. B*tch, Im not making excuses, you beat me fair and square, Im saying mistakes were made and this is how I made them.

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Haha no. For ten bucks venue fee we've had like restaurants and hotels and stuff. And places like Kafeneios give us a discount on food so your ten bucks gets you more than participation. For five bucks we've had huge college spaces. 801labs (also is 5 bucks) has couches and soda and multiple rooms for events and theres not really a time limit to how long we can be there (although you do need to have one of the two smashers with a membership present. So they generally decide when its time to go).

So, no, I'm not impressed with the little dojo sam takes place at.

Last edited:

demodisc

Smash Rookie
That's weird that its expensive. The venue would probably help but idk how much.
Haha no. For ten bucks venue fee we've had like restaurants and hotels and stuff. And places like Kafeneios give us a discount on food so your ten bucks gets you more than participation. For five bucks we've had huge college spaces. 801labs (also is 5 bucks) has couches and soda and multiple rooms for events and theres not really a time limit to how long we can be there (although you do need to have one of the two smashers with a membership present. So they generally decide when its time to go).

You're right its just a dojo, we do have a basement that's pretty big we could use. I'll talk to the venue owner or maybe pay more out of my own pocket to make the venue fee cheaper for everyone. In return making it more enjoyable

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Holy cow my B smashboards guys, I forgot to advertise this here, THIS EVENT IS TODAY SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21st

Hey everyone, this weekend we are going to be running the U of U's first Crimson LAN of the year, with Super Smash Bros. Melee as a main event! Come see how you stand among some of Utahs top Melee players this Saturday, or at least stop by to play some friendly matches. We're excited to be putting on this tournament and hope to see everyone there!

Important info:
-November 21st, 2015 at the Peterson Heritage Center
-Sign-ups at 2:00 PM, with doubles starting at 3:00 and singles at 5:00
-No venue fee, $10 per entry for singles, $10 per team for doubles.
-Due to space restraints Melee will be the only smash game ran at this event.
-We are going to need setups (Wii with Melee and a TV). If you can bring a setup please let me know!

The event page can be found here:https://www.facebook.com/events/920110988080009/

Specific rules and tournament details along with a map with directions and parking can be found at the bottom of this page:http://www.esportsuu.com/crimson.html

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Holy cow my B smashboards guys, I forgot to advertise this here, THIS EVENT IS TODAY SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21st

Hey everyone, this weekend we are going to be running the U of U's first Crimson LAN of the year, with Super Smash Bros. Melee as a main event! Come see how you stand among some of Utahs top Melee players this Saturday, or at least stop by to play some friendly matches. We're excited to be putting on this tournament and hope to see everyone there!

Important info:
-November 21st, 2015 at the Peterson Heritage Center
-Sign-ups at 2:00 PM, with doubles starting at 3:00 and singles at 5:00
-No venue fee, $10 per entry for singles, $10 per team for doubles.
-Due to space restraints Melee will be the only smash game ran at this event.
-We are going to need setups (Wii with Melee and a TV). If you can bring a setup please let me know!

The event page can be found here:https://www.facebook.com/events/920110988080009/

Specific rules and tournament details along with a map with directions and parking can be found at the bottom of this page:http://www.esportsuu.com/crimson.html
Pls run smash4 at ur next events. I am going to have to report you to nintendo for discrimination if u dont. I am vry srs. Also, you need to bring multiple Wii U's. Oh and the tourney can't run past 8 cause I have to be home by then cause my mom says so. Oh, and she's gunna call you to check in on me every hour. Thnx 4 understanding

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
My friend Remi also doesn't have a controller, so it's your duty, as the TO, to provide him with one. He's a bit indecisive on which controller type he likes to use, so have every type ready, just in case.

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice

Glad your keeping your mind open :) Thanks for being so optimistic:)

Top Bottom