• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Huh... I never realized that Ogden was barely outside of Davis County. Well, that makes it even more irrelevant, since I only bother to go north of SL County for Anime Banzai, so chances of me going to Weber County is even less.

Kdog98

Smash Cadet
Fox, I figured you could just look at my thing I see I'm a fox main, also my profile picture is a shine lol

Kdog98

Smash Cadet
But I'll try and get some next time I go to a tourney, chances are I'll face double shiek again lol

TheForestGreenSheik

Smash Cadet
well in fox vs sheik:
Sheik can wreck you really easily, so you have to be careful. Fox gets wrecked mostly by Nair, Fair, Bair, Uair, Dair, Dash attack, DSmash, Usmash, needles, chain, Ftilt, Utilit, Dtilt, and jab. Yep, just don't get hit by those and you're all set!

Kdog98

Smash Cadet
Dang, thanks for the helpful insight. I now see the error of my ways

Last edited:

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Somebody pls help me with the fox shiek match up
drillshine upsmash is bread and butter. you must be able to hit confirm shine into upsmash every time

uptilt is good anti air if sheik is right above you, it beats all her aerials except dair which doesnt get used often

when sheik is on platform, she wants to drop through backair 100% of the time

remember that sheik wants to grab you really bad

don't get shieldgrabbed

nair into nair is good because it puts sheik offstage

always take ledge when edgeguarding and ALWAYS REFRESH INVULNERABILITY then regular getup and punish while she's in her upB endlag

make sure you DI away when you get ftilted

remember that standing laser beats standing needle

remember that 1 laser = 1 unstaled other move

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Huh... I never realized that Ogden was barely outside of Davis County. Well, that makes it even more irrelevant, since I only bother to go north of SL County for Anime Banzai, so chances of me going to Weber County is even less.
Wat

Last edited:

TheForestGreenSheik

Smash Cadet
Guys what about the Marth vs Jiggs matchup? I know its not a common one but I smash with HWN. Just looking to see if there's any specific mindgames or kill setups that work well

Kdog98

Smash Cadet
Did I do that mm thing right OkayP. OkayP. I guess all I have left to do is not show up to a tournament and then blame it on PC huh?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Guys what about the Marth vs Jiggs matchup? I know its not a common one but I smash with HWN. Just looking to see if there's any specific mindgames or kill setups that work well
i got u

fsmash on shield will get you rested
whiffed standing or JC grab will get you rested if they crouch. in this matchup you primarily need to dash grab no JC because it can reach a crouched puff

fthrow and dthrow should be used most unless the puff cant escape juggles well. at low percents if they DI inwards you can regrab or smash and if they DI away then you can fsmash tipper. your throws should be mixed up between fthrow and dthrow so their DI gets messed up. at around 100% you dthrow wavedash back tipper fsmash

above 100% im like uhh and keep hitting you until you die. probably might have to rely on a read since it's hard to kill floaties at high percents.

also SH double fair is good but dont over use it. also side B is a decent anti air that beats puff's fair and nair but idk bout bair (prolly not)

rest punishes go for the tipper fsmash or fully charged neutral B to kill off the side or tipper dsmash to kill off the top (the back swing of marth's dsmash is stronger tipper i think but not sure)

basically play patient and have a reason for every smash you throw out.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
oh **** i almost forgot im supposed to ****post every page

PISS PISS PISS PISS piSS FART

im out

TheForestGreenSheik

Smash Cadet
i got u

fsmash on shield will get you rested
whiffed standing or JC grab will get you rested if they crouch. in this matchup you primarily need to dash grab no JC because it can reach a crouched puff

fthrow and dthrow should be used most unless the puff cant escape juggles well. at low percents if they DI inwards you can regrab or smash and if they DI away then you can fsmash tipper. your throws should be mixed up between fthrow and dthrow so their DI gets messed up. at around 100% you dthrow wavedash back tipper fsmash

above 100% im like uhh and keep hitting you until you die. probably might have to rely on a read since it's hard to kill floaties at high percents.

also SH double fair is good but dont over use it. also side B is a decent anti air that beats puff's fair and nair but idk bout bair (prolly not)

rest punishes go for the tipper fsmash or fully charged neutral B to kill off the side or tipper dsmash to kill off the top (the back swing of marth's dsmash is stronger tipper i think but not sure)

basically play patient and have a reason for every smash you throw out.
Thanks homie, much appreciated!

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Grabbing a crouching Jigglypuff: http://smashboards.com/posts/15941634
Actual reliable (DI dependent) fthrow/dthrow kill set ups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9vjux7JPmM

Also check out Kadono's godlike post. TON'S of information. Some relating to Jiggs in the character specific section. You're bound to find something useful here and alot of it isn't related to Jiggs. If you're are a Marth main you really really really should read this post.:
http://smashboards.com/threads/kadano’s-perfect-marth-class—advanced-frame-data-application.337035/#post-15941634

General advice:

You generally out space Jiggs aerial wise. The tricky part of Jiggs is the outrageous movement in the air. She can close alot of space really quickly. Furthermore, you can be punished incredibly hard. Jiggs can take you off the stage and wall you out for incredibly early kills. Anytime you tech on a platform you have to be aware of a possible rest punish.

If the marth is patient, you will find opportunities. Use Fair carefully because it has enough lag to be punished.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take stage control. Take center stage because it puts pressure on Jiggs to approach. Jiggs doesn't really have any super safe approach options. This matchup is very reliant on micro spacing. Take adlp's advice.

Also check this out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Daf_Dqod1HoMj7L26ITeUM-xKUKhfxh2vJLWOl2N0C8/edit

Last edited:

TheForestGreenSheik

Smash Cadet
Grabbing a crouching Jigglypuff: http://smashboards.com/posts/15941634
Actual reliable (DI dependent) fthrow/dthrow kill set ups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9vjux7JPmM

Also check out Kadono's godlike post. TON'S of information. Some relating to Jiggs in the character specific section. You're bound to find something useful here and alot of it isn't related to Jiggs. If you're are a Marth main you really really really should read this post.:
http://smashboards.com/threads/kadano’s-perfect-marth-class—advanced-frame-data-application.337035/#post-15941634

General advice:

You generally out space Jiggs aerial wise. The tricky part of Jiggs is the outrageous movement in the air. She can close alot of space really quickly. Furthermore, you can be punished incredibly hard. Jiggs can take you off the stage and wall you out for incredibly early kills. Anytime you tech on a platform you have to be aware of a possible rest punish.

If the marth is patient, you will find opportunities. Use Fair carefully because it has enough lag to be punished.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take stage control. Take center stage because it puts pressure on Jiggs to approach. Jiggs doesn't really have any super safe approach options. This matchup is very reliant on micro spacing. Take adlp's advice.

Also check this out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Daf_Dqod1HoMj7L26ITeUM-xKUKhfxh2vJLWOl2N0C8/edit
That makes two! Thanks dude, I'll make sure to check out the resources.

hylian_buffalo

Smash Rookie
Me and a friend are based in Tooele. We were wondering if anyone knows of any smash 4 tournaments going on in the Tooele, Utah, Salt Lake, or Utah counties anytime soon. Does anyone have any information?

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Did I do that mm thing right OkayP. OkayP. I guess all I have left to do is not show up to a tournament and then blame it on PC huh?
I can't fix your opinion. Anyway. .Jet. is coming down from washington in a couple weeks. and my parents are finally going to allow me to come to a few tourneys. What dates should i put aside (aside from SAM) for tourneys with big turnouts?.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
I can't fix your opinion. Anyway. .Jet. is coming down from washington in a couple weeks. and my parents are finally going to allow me to come to a few tourneys. What dates should i put aside (aside from SAM) for tourneys with big turnouts?.
Come to Nortah fam. HMJ 3 is right around the corner.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
fist hit side B into uptilt is kill setup at high %

condition puff to not crouch by downtilting it

ftilt is great when jiggs is at the edge

SH nair is pretty good because you can hit crouching jigs with it and you can't get CC rested as easily

demodisc

Smash Rookie
SAM 4 bi-weekly Tournement November 21st
at bushi kai usa
Bushi Kai USA, East Pacific Drive, American Fork, UT

Venue Fee 10$
Venue fee halved if SETUP (Gamecube/Wii + Melee game disc or hacked Wii + CRT or Wii U with smash 4 (all unlocked characters and dreamland 64)

Schedule:

Venue Opens 1:00PM

>Smash 4 SINGLES (3:30-End of Singles)
Entry fee: 5$ per person
Pot split 60 30 10
2/3 bracket
3/5 Bracket finals

Melee DOUBLES (5:30-End of Doubles)
Entry fee: 10$ per team/5$ per person
Pot split 60 30 10
2/3 bracket
3/5 Bracket finals

>Melee SINGLES (7:30-End)
Entry fee 10$ per person
Pot split 60 30 10
2/3 bracket
3/5 bracket finals

General conduct rules apply (Given)

Doors will be open

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:

TheForestGreenSheik

Smash Cadet
fist hit side B into uptilt is kill setup at high %

condition puff to not crouch by downtilting it

ftilt is great when jiggs is at the edge

SH nair is pretty good because you can hit crouching jigs with it and you can't get CC rested as easily
Thanks to you too Roguay!

I'll be sure to try and implement these tips into my play, for better outcomes.

Smash Journeyman
As Marth, You should always implement tips into your play, for better outcomes.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Yo while we're throwin' out matchup advice who wants to help me take down those ****damn icies? As Fox or Falcon.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
If you're getting beat by the ICs you obviously doing something wrong..... Like.... Getting..... ****ing..... Gimmicked....

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Yo while we're throwin' out matchup advice who wants to help me take down those ****damn icies? As Fox or Falcon.
fox

drillshine to separate them

remember that nana has her own %

your execution has to be pretty good, practice killing nana as quickly as possible

platforms are your friend

ics are deceptively fast

Top Bottom