• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
still doesn't answer my question... what does it stand for?
RJ, aka gangstakirby (that's spelled right, right?), is a guy who holds fest fairly often. His fests are pretty good. Unfortunately, he was banned. So he now occasionally possesses net to yell out when he does a fest.

If you go, note that the house rules state that getting hit by either the Falcon Punch or the Warlock Punch mean you automatically have to take your own stock, even if you died from the punch. And now Ganon's (absurdly terrible) uptilt means you have to go home if you get hit by it.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
RJ, aka gangstakirby (that's spelled right, right?), is a guy who holds fest fairly often. His fests are pretty good. Unfortunately, he was banned. So he now occasionally possesses net to yell out when he does a fest.
He was more than just banned from my understanding. He was permabanned after being banned a bunch of times. I wish I was here to see it :(

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, smashfest for PM going down at the university of utah RIGHT NOW! its in chapel glen 802 (https://www.google.com/maps/dir//40...111.9025133,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0) hopefully all of you can come at such short notice. BRING SETUPS! I CANNOT stress how important this is. as it stands we have 1 setup so the more the better. text me when you get here so i can let you in. my number is 214-534-1372.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
good thing no one plays that game
Speaking of which- when are you gonna try it out? I feel like its more of a tribute to Brawl than Melee sometimes with some of the character designs. Brawl players are often more successful at PM than Melee players I feel.

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of which- when are you gonna try it out? I feel like its more of a tribute to Brawl than Melee sometimes with some of the character designs. Brawl players are often more successful at PM than Melee players I feel.
He tries it out in tourney to make money.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Before you guys want to point fingers at me for ridiculous bracket. All I said was Micah and me should be seeded among the "above average" players. Which is proven. I also tried to argue that certain people be removed from it and certain people not be added... and based on performances tonight it was also proven a valid argument. (However, no one was removed just Micah and I were added)

Also, certain players skill ratings was appropriately depicted in the tool used to seed the bracket. Based on how the list was made, semi-finals theoretically would have been PC/Logos and Ken/Net. Well that didn't happen at all like that... PC and Logos apparently fought in Quarters which was very wrong.

If the bracket was done a bit better my predictions for the tournament would have been:
1.Logos
2. PC
3. Net (MAYBE)
4. Micah or Kenny

Still, no johns but please don't use this tournament as a reference to rank top players.

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Wait, who is this Micah guy? And who is this Donavan guy?
Micah got 4th in PM at the last big tournament. He's legit. Plays Lucario and used to play Lucas.

Donovan is Weebles... I'm not exactly sure what happened with him. Maybe he was just playing extremely well? He did great to get that far in only his second tournament. EDIT: He beat Pumpinz/Apples in bracket. Oh yeah, he plays Diddy.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Two weeks after launch is Banzai, so I will probably be too busy about that to do anything like such ^^;;

Noticed the stream was running, good job you guys :p Audio was a little messed up (going through a different Microphone for some reason), but else wise, working.

Weebles

Smash Rookie
Wait, who is this Micah guy? And who is this Donavan guy?
Im Donavan. Thats was my second tournament. I usually play netplay but when tournaments happen i try to make it. Because of my schedule you will never see me at weeklies sadly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Look, trust me, you dont want a launch night tourney, and definitely not a launch day tourney, however, a launch night SMASHFEST would be perfect. The reasons you dont want a launch night tourney is that there will be TONS of discrepancies with systems having different characters/stages unlocked than each other, not knowing about stages for a stage list, people wanting to play and not to play on specific set ups due to whats unlocked on what at the time, and people just generally wanting to play the game, not watch top 8. As for a release day, everyone is going to be tired as **** after playing all night since midnight, so no one is going to wake up for it.

Just do launch night smashfests and spam money matches if you want, dont do a tourney just yet imo, wait a day or two before the actual tournaments start. Let people enjoy the game first.

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
For once I agree with Z'zgashi.

On that note, considering that the 3DS events will require everyone to bring their own console. I could probably get away with "stealing" a venue from the university and hosting a tournament that way.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dont worry baby, you'll find you agree with me on many things the more you get to know me~

Baky

Smash Journeyman
didn't you rank yourself like 2nd best for this tournament?
? Nope. Who said that?

When I thought it was just you and Net as the main competition I figured I had a chance at winning though. Ironically I got beat by people I've beaten before :p

And about not using it for rankings-- it was more so in regards to PC, Net, Micah etc etc

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
On time I randomed the seeding and got 1st seed for myself but I was also seeded to play Chris first lol.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
I agree with doing a launch night smashfest rather than a tourney. Too many difficulties to try and get around launch day for a full fledged tourney. :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was more talking about stages we never knew of showing up and being unlocked as well as stages missing on some set ups and such.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I do plan on holding a 3ds tournament at the next Smash Jam ( I can't do one next month due to my school going on break). It won't happen until after Anime Bonzai, though.

BTW, @ Tsuteto Tsuteto , which game is going to be at Bonzai this year?

Top Bottom