• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Gameland World

Smash Rookie
We got a Melee Tournament coming up in two weeks at our Spanish Fork shop. $5, August 13th at 7pm. 1312 E. Center St., Spanish Fork, UT.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like I am going to have to push back the smash jam until the 30th (sorry @Snap. ). Another thing that I have already committed to has been moved to the weekend of the 23rd, forcing me to have to change plans. It is not official with the school yet, but I will get the for sure tomorrow.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Attending EVO along with the pressure of my practice partner has led me to harbor a desire to return to the Utah scene. My partner, who doesn't currently have a Smashboards account, and I, are looking to attend a tourney soon. What's the next big thing?

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
How big are you talking? There are weeklys in Provo and Taylorsville that cycle through the games, the just posted Melee Tournament on the 13th, and my tournament at the end of August that will have all but 64 (doubles may be included depending on popularity)

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
If your tourney is in SLC I'll probably make that. I've heard of the Provo weeklies, and I'd go to them if they weren't 2 hours away.

We need more events up here in the north.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Attending EVO along with the pressure of my practice partner has led me to harbor a desire to return to the Utah scene. My partner, who doesn't currently have a Smashboards account, and I, are looking to attend a tourney soon. What's the next big thing?
I don't think anyone believed you were quitting dude. That was what? 2 weeks?

@ net1234 net1234 Is this one of those noobs in that video you posted that I wanna money match?

net1234

Smash Ace

@ net1234 net1234 Is this one of those noobs in that video you posted that I wanna money match?
yep

Fest at RJ's 9:30 2522 horseshoe circle park in the street enter through the side door shoes off no **** on the pool table etc.

lolol mike haze left his stream on and he caught a burglar stealing his stuff and pissing next to his tv. and he has a baller ganondorf

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi

Nope. It's been since early May.

Besides, I never said I was quitting. I said I was taking a break.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm actually fairly new to the PMBR, so that's probably why :p
I also haven't really done much more than observe the competitive scene. Up until now, creating custom content (mostly stages) has been more of my thing.
I've always been more interested in the stage-modding side of things. I was pretty involved back during the Brawl+ days, but unfortunately I was only able to give ideas for the most part. I was actually the one that threw out the idea of the current Rumble Falls regarding its static location relative to the background as well as the platform layout. I just wished the platforms were made symmetrical, since the asymmetry is only due to the guys back then not knowing how to duplicate existing platforms and was only have to use what was already on the stage. LOL

And I'm sad I couldn't make it to the tournament yesterday. My mom's car had some problems so she took mine to work. How'd it go? I hope Net didn't win in my absence, again...

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Howdy all - Long time no talk!

But guess what! We (Tim, myself and other SLCC people) have details for the Salt Lake Comic Con Super Smash Bros. Tournament incoming very soon (still waiting to confirm one big detail). This should be a really good turnout so I'll be excited to share more with you all when I can.

In the meantime - WE NEED VOLUNTEERS - If you want to help, please let me know ASAP. Send me an email at chris.b@slcomiccon.com with "VOLUNTEER" in the subject line.

I hope to post more news as soon as tomorrow. If not, then early next week for sure.

net1234

Smash Ace
I've always been more interested in the stage-modding side of things. I was pretty involved back during the Brawl+ days, but unfortunately I was only able to give ideas for the most part. I was actually the one that threw out the idea of the current Rumble Falls regarding its static location relative to the background as well as the platform layout. I just wished the platforms were made symmetrical, since the asymmetry is only due to the guys back then not knowing how to duplicate existing platforms and was only have to use what was already on the stage. LOL

And I'm sad I couldn't make it to the tournament yesterday. My mom's car had some problems so she took mine to work. How'd it go? I hope Net didn't win in my absence, again...
i wiped the floor with scrubs in P:M and was wiped on the floor in melee. only like 70$ for u to win tho

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
its time for another unofficial official -mars- list

:peachmelee::mario2:Marz's Official 2013-2014 Utah Power Rankings (IMO) ((Official)):mario2:

SSBB:

1. Ken Neth:snake::metaknight:
2. X:sonic:
3. Lada:rob:
4. Marz:warioc::metaknight:
5. DS4:toonlink:
6. Yaz:metaknight:
7. Ebo:dedede::dk2::wario::snake::marth:
8. Isee:popo:
9. Colus:kirby2::marth:
10. Charity:peach:
11. Muthakirbz:pit::falcon::fox::ganondorf::kirby2:
12. Rockimx:ness2:
13. Final:peach::toonlink::marth:
14. Zeros:fox::falco:
15. Tane:pikachu2:

SSBM

1. Yaz:peachmelee:
2. Tomacawk:falcomelee::foxmelee::falconmelee:
3. Jekyll:luigimelee:
4. Perfect Chaos:sheikmelee:
5. X:falcomelee:
6. Sinz:falconmelee:
7. Lada:samusmelee:
8. Tuesday:icsmelee::foxmelee::sheikmelee:
9. Meleeruler:jigglypuffmelee:
10. DS4:foxmelee:

Discuss.
tsu please add this to the OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
We don't even need PC. I've been practicing like a madman whilst I've been inactive, and I'll take Net on myself.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
a month until you go on another "hiatus"
the dream is dead
Only time will tell. And I don't think hiatus is the right term for it. I was still playing, I just wanted to get out of the Utah scene. I attended EVO and played almost daily with friends.

net1234

Smash Ace
Fest at RJ's 9:30 2522 horseshoe circle park in the street enter through the side door shoes off no **** on the pool table etc. in case you forgot

Top Bottom