• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
If you guys put more time into getting better instead of having irrelevant conversation then maybe you would stand a chance at tourneys. Peace.

Cazobie

Smash Rookie
anyone in the provo area that i could catch a ride with to the smashers tale tourney this saturday?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
for those of you who missed it, here is the melee crew battle between vegas and [unranked] nor cal from evo. it was sooo hype! without giving too much away, there were many people who doubted the winning crew (i'm looking at you @ Tuesday Tuesday ;-)).

@ QraQ QraQ so glad to hear that idaho is coming down. a crew battle better happen this time ;-)! i'm assuming the crew battle will be in project m? what time are you guys looking to head back up to idaho?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
cedar city and st. george tournament my house this saturday (like any of u are brave enuff come rofl) info here 477 S 150 W, Cedar City UT 84720.

https://www.facebook.com/events/523301121103564/

nah most of yall will be at kafenio's but this is for anyone who's not up north and lookin for ez monies

Last edited:

QraQ

Smash Ace
for those of you who missed it, here is the melee crew battle between vegas and [unranked] nor cal from evo. it was sooo hype! without giving too much away, there were many people who doubted the winning crew (i'm looking at you @ Tuesday Tuesday ;-)).

@ QraQ QraQ so glad to hear that idaho is coming down. a crew battle better happen this time ;-)! i'm assuming the crew battle will be in project m? what time are you guys looking to head back up to idaho?
I think we're heading back sunday afternoon or saturday after the tourney (i hope not this)

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ adlp adlp you even posted the event on the utah smash events google doc! nice! we should probably come up with a different color for the southern utah region to make it easier to distinguish from salt lake events, though.

@ QraQ QraQ i think @ Pumpk1nz Pumpk1nz offered up his floor for friday and saturday night. colorado was gonna stay there, but based on their latest facebook post, they probably aren't coming. so perhaps idaho could swap in?

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
@ adlp adlp you even posted the event on the utah smash events google doc! nice! we should probably come up with a different color for the southern utah region to make it easier to distinguish from salt lake events, though.

@ QraQ QraQ i think @ Pumpk1nz Pumpk1nz offered up his floor for friday and saturday night. colorado was gonna stay there, but based on their latest facebook post, they probably aren't coming. so perhaps idaho could swap in?
That's fine too. I just have a pretty small place, so housing both would be uncomfortable.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I think we're heading back sunday afternoon or saturday after the tourney (i hope not this)
Well... like if it comes down to it and you guys got sleeping bags you can sleep in my dorm living room but thats the best I can do.

Last resort is last resort.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Cazobie Cazobie i can drive you if you need. i'll be having dinner with my friend though, but if you don't mind staying in salt lake all day, you can come with me. my phone number is on the utah smasher directory google doc. someone will probably have a fest at their place after the tournament anyways ;-). text me your address if you want.

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Hey folks, neat stats I came across that I found pretty surprising

Attendance for Melee and Brawl at Apex:

Brawl - 400
Melee - 318

Brawl - 336
Melee - 338

Brawl - 370
Melee - 629

Melee's surge in popularity has certainly created this sense that Brawl was dying but it appears to me that its been going strong since launch. So, to any newcomers- show them this. I have more respect for the Brawl community. Cheers to the idea that all the Smash games will be played forever!!

(Btw, this post doesn't require any kind of response. Just read and move on.)

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat were you there? I was the heaviest trash talker there against NorCal. I was rooting hard for my Vegas homies. You can hear me throughout the video making fun of them.

Except for a brief moment when NorCal sent my boy gaR in. But he's not NorCal; he's Texas.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat were you there? I was the heaviest trash talker there against NorCal. I was rooting hard for my Vegas homies. You can hear me throughout the video making fun of them.

Except for a brief moment when NorCal sent my boy gaR in. But he's not NorCal; he's Texas.
Rofl is Gar's name Ivan Van? =X

net1234

Smash Ace
Ike is gay pm is gay his character is in autopilot and side bs across the stage. Then he just uses his broken ass counter when I pressure him. **** pm and all if its stupidngimmicks. And devons scrub fox.

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
Ike is gay pm is gay his character is in autopilot and side bs across the stage. Then he just uses his broken *** counter when I pressure him. **** pm and all if its stupidngimmicks. And devons scrub fox.
Naw Roy is gay. He can take 8 stocks in 6 seconds.

EDIT: I'm heading to work now and won't be home until pretty late tonight. If anybody is staying at my place tonight, text me at (916)8448EIGHT58

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Tuesday Tuesday haha, ya, just poking fun at you ;-). i was there but had to leave early to keep the reservation at the restaurant for the vegas crew. so i got all the post-game hype and analysis ;-).

@ socandrewcer socandrewcer i'm pretty sure nintendo stated that this is the same version from e3 before comic con :-p.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Why on earth does it matter that pm is a mod? Dota started as a mod and just had the largest video gaming tournament up to date. Mods are some of the greatest things happening to the gaming world. Knocking that is just full on stupid.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
please stahp -_-''. no one has to justify why they like a game. if you like a game, own it and don't mind the haters. the community is big enough for each scene that you can play whatever you want here in utah (which is awesome, btw). and if you really want people to play your game, rather than hating on a game that they like, you should show them why they can enjoy your game based on what they like about their game. seriously, this isn't middle school anymore. people need to grow up. we already get enough hate from non-gamers and even people within the fgc community (based on my experience at evo) that we don't need to produce hate from within :-p.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You keep saying that, but nowhere in the definition of the word "game" does it say anything about not being modified by someone other than the creator, nor that the two must be mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Is "new" Miley Cyrus a mod of Hannah Montana which is a mod of "old" Miley Cyrus?

Top Bottom