• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useful things Id like to see more of

Deg

Smash Cadet
Hi.
Small list of amazing stuff that i think is underutilized today:

NIL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisytcMQ5LM&feature=youtu.be
(Can also be done without dropping from the platforms or from underneath)

Clanging with Cyclone:
This is broken. Cyclone will Clang with tons of moves (all that deal less than 9% more) its animation is cancelled super quickly and its hitbox is out forever. Remember that airial Cyclone deal 1% more and that moves get stale.
The really cool thing about it is that it can clang when you are in the air. This means various utilts cant make your life miserable anymore and people who miss techs cant getupattack as you decend.

Edgecancelled Missile:
Run off YS platforms and do a soft Missile to the side will Edgecancel, running of DL platforms and doing hard Missile will edgecancel. No risk high reward on techs and shield, pretty great.
Obviously for recovering too (though thats used a lot today).

Clanging getupattacks with jab:
Easier and not as risky as spotdodge. Yields a much, MUCH higher reward than shield since you dont get pushed away.

Wavedash Dtilt:
Pokes shield like hell. Clangs with most fast moves. Ducks under a lot of defensive airials. Can't run away from it.
It sets upp for kills at higher %.

Powershield:
Luigi gains so much from powershields since his groundmoves are all fast combostarters/kill moves. He has an easy time powershielding too since he is so slender.

Pressing B during grounded Cyclone:
Did Falco or Falcon shield your Cyclone? Pressing B makes you skip up a little making it so that meteors/ spikes dont bounce you up in the air.

Thoughs?

Anything you feel people should do more of?

Flurb18

Smash Cadet
Good stuff. For the first one, can you elaborate on what exactly the luigi is doing? I know its a no-impact-landing, but what are the inputs - just jump at a certain time?

All these are good ideas for the future of luigi's meta, but the only one I really have issue with is WD dtilt. Dtilt just sucks, tons of lag on both ends. I feel like this is super risky.

Deg

Smash Cadet
Luigi can NIL in the middle of his jump because he does a flip during it.

I agree with you on the Dtilt. Even though its bad it still has applications. The idea is to poke shield with it when your opponent is at a to high % to be killed from a DI:d throw. Imagine marth on like 90%. His shield is bad enough where Dtilt will poke easily. You wont care that much about startup as you can begin the attack during your wavedash and the endlag, well, if he read that wou were going to attack you get punished no matter what attack you choose. Dtilt has the benefit to beat shield. Especially if you have pressured it beforehand.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Thanks for this post! Some great stuff in here, especially (IMO) jab to clank with get up attack, WD d-tilt and pressing B to hop during cyclone.

I also want to see more tech chase up-B. It can be used in plenty of situations.

Luigi meta is close to taking a big leap I think.

BestFriendJohn

Smash Rookie
Woah, I never thought of WD Dtilt against marth to shield poke. That's a great idea! Also loving the idea to anticipate a dair from falco/falcon with rising the tornado last second to tech it. As for the NIL I feel like it's more annoying than anything and isn't that helpful because you can't throw out an Uair or Fair in time to get some hitboxes above you where the opponent will be.

One thing I would like to see more is a shield drop Bair platform cancel. It's super tough but I'm wondering if it's worth the practice/application.

Deg

Smash Cadet
Woah, I never thought of WD Dtilt against marth to shield poke. That's a great idea! Also loving the idea to anticipate a dair from falco/falcon with rising the tornado last second to tech it. As for the NIL I feel like it's more annoying than anything and isn't that helpful because you can't throw out an Uair or Fair in time to get some hitboxes above you where the opponent will be.

One thing I would like to see more is a shield drop Bair platform cancel. It's super tough but I'm wondering if it's worth the practice/application.
With the right timing you could beat most thing with a NIL Usmash. Worth trying.

I def agree with the bair and i think i heard blea was actually working on this tech.

collis

Smash Rookie
I'm having a hard time visualizing how edgecancelled misfire is good for techs and shield :mad088:

Deg

Smash Cadet
I'm having a hard time visualizing how edgecancelled misfire is good for techs and shield :mad088:
Hi.

If you time it it covers all techs. If you hit a shield you will go through it and edgecancel.

collis

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to do that consistently? I can't seem to get it without what feels like luck :mad088:

Deg

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to do that consistently? I can't seem to get it without what feels like luck :mad088:
Im afraid it all comes down to timing, I didnt have issues getting it down but I can see how others might have issues.

Top Bottom