• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Hey upstate! I'm new to the Albany area and was hoping to get into the scene. I requested to join the relevant facebook groups and all of that, but I was wondering when and where people host PM weeklies. Looking forward to playing you all!

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
Hey upstate! I'm new to the Albany area and was hoping to get into the scene. I requested to join the relevant facebook groups and all of that, but I was wondering when and where people host PM weeklies. Looking forward to playing you all!
Ay wassup. Im pretty sure there is a capital region thread so you should look into that. Theres 2 PM tournaments coming up in Syracuse if u wanna travel all the way here. Otherwise, I'm not sure about weeklies in Albany.

Also who is going to that Smash Theatre tourney and up for some 5$ MM's? I'm going to that alone so I need something to distract me before the PM singles start.

Last edited:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Ay wassup. Im pretty sure there is a capital region thread so you should look into that. Theres 2 PM tournaments coming up in Syracuse if u wanna travel all the way here. Otherwise, I'm not sure about weeklies in Albany.

Also who is going to that Smash Theatre tourney and up for some 5$ MM's? I'm going to that alone so I need something to distract me before the PM singles start.
I might be attending, and I have no problem with free money.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
Particularly not you. Unless you were talking about self-pity.

Then it would make sense.
Yeah it totally make sense. I felt bad because I'm so much better than you, and out of self-pity regarding my amazing skill at Smash, I threw game 3 by SDing within the first 30 seconds of the game.

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
Yeah so Im not going to the smash at the theatre due to there being no PM, so anyone wanna do money matches on Saturday at Beatdown? Just 5$ PM best of 5

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
Yo, who was the guy who I played a ton of friendlies with who mained Ike in PM. I'm trying to remember what texture hack he wanted me to get. He's the dude who looked like drake a little lol. I think his friend played Beta in PM singles.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
Anything going down this weekend? Curious, because i'm not gonna be in town next weekend.

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
Dang, no good tournaments in November man. But I understand, that holiday season gets tough.

Does anyone live out in camillus by any chance. I really need someone to practice with. Bots are gettin boring. I can only practice so much on them.

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
True but thats not ur normal PM or melee tournament. There some weird ass rules goin on there with stocks and ****. Also i play more PM then melee but imma be there anyways.

Sharky

Smash Master
If there were something on the weekends of either january 3rd or january 10th, that'd be amazing. Any hope there?

Sandshadow

Smash Cadet
Alright thanks for clearing that up. The Game and Watch is back in this lol. But damn looks like theres gonna be a lot of games other than the Smash games there. Should i still plan on bringing my Wii, cuz I dont have a CRT to bring.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The facebook page says Smash 4 for Wii U starts at 12pm, so i'm assuming It's Wii U, and not 3DS.
Yeah, it's just that the post for it on "events" here said 3DS. I'm guessing they just changed because they realized it'll be day after the Wii U version came out.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
Yeah, it's just that the post for it on "events" here said 3DS. I'm guessing they just changed because they realized it'll be day after the Wii U version came out.
I think so. I believe someone noteworthy (I think Goggles?) mentioned that fact and that they would be able to get ahold of enough setups.

Top Bottom