• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads-up for anyone interested.

I'll be hosting a SSB4 for 3DS release event / tournament here in Orange County on 10/18 at the Holiday Inn in Middletown, NY.

I'd like to expand the event to have PM & Melee present as well, and if all goes well, hold a tournament for them.

I'll be posting a proper Tournament Listing within the next few days with more information including a Facebook event page, so look forward to it!

If anyone has any questions lemme know.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This is the thread of everything happening in the state of New York OUTSIDE of NYC/LI. If you are looking for smashers IN the city, begin here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nycssbm/

Facebook groups are the best way to connect with players near you and find events and players to smash with:

Western NY

Buffalo, NY - Buffalo Fighting Game Community
Rochestery, NY - RIT Smash Club / Western NY Smash

Central NY

Syracuse, NY - Syracuse Smash

Ithaca, NY - Cornell Smash Club

Capital Region

Albany, NY - Capital Region Smash
Schenectady, NY - Schenectady Smash

!!!UPCOMING EVENTS!!!

TROY, NY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
Pastime Legends Presents: Final Battle
(MELEE, PM, BRAWL)

SYRACUSE, NY, OCTOBER 19TH
SMASH THEATER (BRAWL, PM)

MECHANICVILLE, NY, NOVEMBER 2ND
NFS 2 - Need For Smash (MELEE, BRAWL)

SYRACUSE, NY, NOVEMBER 8TH
SALT CITY SERIES

Last edited:

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
So I hear Vino and JKJ, two long island players are working the UB scene.

Interested to see how they do in locals.

Loup

The Wolf
NNID
Frishy
3DS FC
0877-0305-4883
Loser buys lunch at froggers? Bo5?

I also don't get paid unitl Thurs. on the off-chance that I lose.
Sure, but reasonable. I'm not buying you a whole Turkey Club if you win, for example. And we can do Bo5.

I was just gonna suggest $5, Bo3, because of time restrictions, unless we do it at your place Thursday.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Sure, but reasonable. I'm not buying you a whole Turkey Club if you win, for example. And we can do Bo5.

I was just gonna suggest $5, Bo3, because of time restrictions, unless we do it at your place Thursday.
Lol, I'm on campus this Thursday. 5 bucks sounds fair tho.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I'll be back in town for the Final Battle tournament in Troy (next Saturday the 13th), and I'll be helping out at it. Haven't been active playing Smash lately, but it'd be nice to see some people there again.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1596972120529250/

http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-...l-battle-1000-pot-bonus-troy-new-york.364641/

There are already some big names from tri-state and more out-of-state attendance confirmed, and there's a big prize bonus and more sponsors. Definitely worth the travel, so please help spread the word.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This is the thread of everything happening in the state of New York OUTSIDE of NYC/LI. If you are looking for smashers IN the city, begin here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nycssbm/

Facebook groups, the best way to connect with players near you and find events and players to smash with:

Western NY

Buffalo, NY - Buffalo Fighting Game Community
Rochestery, NY - RIT Smash Club / Western NY Smash

Central NY

Syracuse, NY - Syracuse Smash

Ithaca, NY - Cornell Smash Club

Capital Region

Albany, NY - Capital Region Smash
Schenectady, NY - Schenectady Smash

Last edited:

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys Im going to try and get back into the competitive scene again with the new game and I just wanted to drop in and say hi!

Just wanted to throw this out there, I think a discussion needs to be made about what the ustate region includes and what the nyc/metro area includes. Its my opinion that anything below the ulster duchess county line should be included in the nyc/li area and anything above that line should be included in the capital region. I know in mana's post he makes no mention of the hudson valley area and its definitely a distinct part of the state, being very distinguishable from the capital region. From a competitive standpoint Im much more likely to travel the 45 mins to nyc from where I work in middletown vs the 2.5 hrs to albany which doesnt really compare with the amamount of events held in the NYC/LI region. Not to mention its like 30 mins to nj from Middletown as well.

I'd probably make a few events in the Syracuse area considering my family lives up there, but that wouldn't be to frequently.

Id like to hear from anyone else in the hudson valley region and what their thoughts are! Also I noticed there's an event in middletown for the new game next month! I look forward to meeting you guys!

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
Just saw that post with all the tourneys and damn I'm gonna try to make it to as many Cuse games as I can!

Top Bottom