• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
maybe if you got points for hype, foy and burak would be on the list, but this list is based on actual skill, sooooo... yea... When you both stop sucking feel free to perform in tournaments, and get on the PR.

also, foy, didnt he beat your high tier character, with his low tier character? yea, that kinda plays into the whole "stop sucking" idea.

also, completely unrelated, I just spoke with XXX and we are considering having a tournament/smash fest at his house. before the end of the month.

Foy

Smash Champion
Didn't my kirby almost **** your ganon.

I wouldn't even be on the list since I've been too one event.

Whens the points restart/do they?

>_> Whats that falco doing next to Robs name...Robs falco sounds terrible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its more of an on going thing, since going by points would make for a very bad and inaccurate list.

theres no resetting, its just a constantly progressing thing

Foy

Smash Champion
So lets say Neil wins 3 tournaments in a row. And then goes on a 3 month hiatus. He can technically keep 1st.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
While you have a point, Foy, I hear you can get kicked out of the Backroom for not being active at tournaments. Even though he wouldn't have been bested, he wasn't there to defend his title either.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So lets say Neil wins 3 tournaments in a row. And then goes on a 3 month hiatus. He can technically keep 1st.
Its not uncommon for this region to go 6+ months with out a tournament. so it depends on how many actual tourneys he missed during said hiatus. If there are no tourneys during that time than the rankings stand as are. if there are like 6 tourneys, then he gets taken off the list due to inactivity, but would retake his spot at the time of return based on the results fo the tourney he returns at

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OMFG leet 0 is number ten wtf is that bull****

hes better steadily getting better for a long time now, and hes the only person besides snakeee that took even 1 round off of pikapika in the last tournament.

and rob, im unsure as to how to approach tat situation, but well cross that bridge when we come to it.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Oos/ Non Upstate tournament will still count towards PR depending on attendance and who attended but its unlikely that it will make a huge difference unless you beat noticeably good players.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I'm on a power rankings list *tears*. This is all so new to me!
Minh, you are too, dude! =D

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
OMFG spamzfair isn't ranked at all wtf that makes complete and total sense
*cough*

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm only on because I've been to a recent tourney and actually didn't place last for once. Still, it's an incentive to do better in the future.

Goggles: Put me down as Nedrow area.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
*cough*

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm only on because I've been to a recent tourney and actually didn't place last for once. Still, it's an incentive to do better in the future.

Goggles: Put me down as Nedrow area.

1. you know this spamsfair kid? which game does he play? either way, ill money match him for you.

2. youre on because your tournament results are finally catching up to your actual skill level. you beat me in a money match a while back (even though i messed you up at this one.) and you were the only one who beat pikapika in even one round during this tournament. You are madd good dude, you just suck it up hard in tournament matches.

3. where the hell is nedrow

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
sai come to my fest again on the 29th before syracuse 2. Everyone from before + more wil be there.

Kantō

Smash Champion
ouch i went down a spot, oh well, its too good players though. i need to do good at the next tourney !

Top Bottom