• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uprise 12 - HOUSTON EDITION! - June 29th, 2013 - Houston, TX

Vinnie

Smash Master

Although kinda small, I had a good time and the venue was really chill.

Brawl

Singles Bracket

1: Apex|Vinnie ($108.00) :popo:
2: LoF Pwii ($54.00) :metaknight:
3: Denti ($18.00) :olimar:
4: Jerm :toonlink:
5: Infinity :metaknight:
5: PJ :toonlink:
7: Asa :olimar:
7: Illmatic :peach:
9: Leaf :pikachu2:
9: Alpha :fox:
9: Tesh :sonic::rob:
9: BC :metaknight:
13: ToT :popo:
13: Fordo :snake:
13: Kbot :popo:
13: TV blaze
17: Blondie
17: Deaths Armada
17: Alwin

Project M singles (12 entrants)

P:M Singles Bracket

1: Oracle ($72.00) :lucas:
2: Strawhat ($36.00) :falcon:
3: Denti ($12.00) :lucario:
4: Apex|Vinnie :ganondorf: :falco:
5: G-Rabbit :toonlink:
5: Infinity :peach:
7: Blondie
7: Jerm :peach:
9: TV blaze
9: Leaf :pit:
9: Foolish Philosopher
9: AegisShaker

Project M doubles

P:M Doubles Bracket

1: Oracle & Denti ($36.00)
2: Infinity & Strawhat ($18.00)
3: Apex|Vinnie & Jerm ($6.00)
4: Blitz & AegisShaker
5: BC & Foolish Philosopher
5: G-Rabbit & Blondie

Let me know any other characters and I'll edit it in!

Oracle

Smash Master
I also used rob in pm. Also I need a pm singles bracket image for the power rankings, if you dont mind

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
Vinnie said:
I had a good time and the venue was really chill.

hmm. this obviously wasn’t at the funplex. that place looks like the inside of a dumpster.

lmao my apologies…

… that’s really offensive to most dumpsters

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I didn't like the commentators. They kept lying a lot. I know they were just joking and having fun, but it was annoying to not know what each set was. While I was watching a set, a commentator said the tournament didn't start yet and a few minutes later he said that set was grand finals.

I did enjoy Vinnie vs Trela though. I will watch that again if it's uploaded to youtube.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Tournament was a lot of fun. I'm close, but I can't ever break that barrier of getting up to taking sets off people who are decent at this game.
Good thing I'm a speedrunner, instead.

Shoutouts to the people who actually went and followed my stream after I advertised myself on the tournament stream. I think like 3 people did it.

I used Pit in Project:M.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Big shout out and thank you to Vinnie for hosting and letting us P:M guys have a side event.

And shout outs to all the P:M players. It was great playing with you guys as always.

Vinnie

Smash Master
<3 We lacked Gnes, Razer and Dojo. All who have an undefeated record against Vinnie ;D
I beat Razer at WHOBO3 in pools, then in losers' quarters game 3, the TV turned off 4 times in a row in one match, so I kinda got screwed over. I've lost to him after that, but I haven't played razer/gnes since 2011.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its okay, no one else has played them since then either.

You're better now, but they defeated you and then they quit. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE YOUR REVENGE!!

If you come to WHOBO and defeat Florida, that'd be pretty close though.

Vinnie

Smash Master
If you come to WHOBO and defeat Florida, that'd be pretty close though.
I plan to come to WHOBO just to chill with everyone again. I miss Sync's house D: it was so fun.

I made it to GF at a Florida tourney without dropping games (I dropped 1 to Master Raven actually) with G&W, then beat ESAM in GF with ICs and MK. This was in May 2011 though, but it was still with G&W.

I'm 3-1 with ESAM, 2-0 with Shaky, 1-0 vs MVD and Master Raven, and 3-0 vs Seibrik. I don't gotta prove **** ^^

edit: However I do want to beat ESAM again, I haven't done it in a while and he 3-0'd me in our most recent encounter at SKTAR last summer.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I plan to come to WHOBO just to chill with everyone again. I miss Sync's house D: it was so fun.

I made it to GF at a Florida tourney without dropping games (I dropped 1 to Master Raven actually) with G&W, then beat ESAM in GF with ICs and MK. This was in May 2011 though, but it was still with G&W.

I'm 3-1 with ESAM, 2-0 with Shaky, 1-0 vs MVD and Master Raven, and 3-0 vs Seibrik. I don't gotta prove **** ^^

edit: However I do want to beat ESAM again, I haven't done it in a while and he 3-0'd me in our most recent encounter at SKTAR last summer.
The timeline I'm getting is : You beat florida, then you lost to TX, then florida beat TX.

There will be no chilling at WHOBO, you need to get buff and you need to get buff NOW!

Top Bottom