• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
idk but generally its not preferd it emulates it so if it goes at 60 fps it will actually be slower. it frame skips to maintain framespeed

firo

Smash Ace
Can you provide a method for taking stocks in teams without conflicting with pause? Disabling pause in teams or not allowing dead players to pause is one option. Another would be to map "take a stock" to a different button as well. I think everyone would welcome being able to take as fast as possible.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Can you provide a method for taking stocks in teams without conflicting with pause? Disabling pause in teams or not allowing dead players to pause is one option. Another would be to map "take a stock" to a different button as well. I think everyone would welcome being able to take as fast as possible.
That's a good idea. I would like having the "take a stock" option mapped to L.

FOBK

Smash Rookie
i love 19xx. i play it all the time. having the stages is amazing. i wish we could make a game with a few more characters and stages. all the same mechanics as ssb64. id be beating down doors and handing out copies hahahaha.

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jorgasms I've got a request to shout into the void as well.
I think you've partially answered this a few pages back and on the front page but will training mode ever come back? I realize it had issues with counting stocks of the dummy and on certain stages etc. Not having it in the rom isn't the end of the world but having hitbox mode in training mode would be amazing for combo practice.

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Hey Jorgasms I've got a request to shout into the void as well.
I think you've partially answered this a few pages back and on the front page but will training mode ever come back? I realize it had issues with counting stocks of the dummy and on certain stages etc. Not having it in the rom isn't the end of the world but having hitbox mode in training mode would be amazing for combo practice.
I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶g̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶i̶c̶,̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶ ̶V̶C̶ ̶(̶I̶n̶j̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶i̶n̶ ̶&̶ ̶P̶u̶n̶i̶s̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶)̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶1̶9̶X̶X̶T̶E̶?̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ ̶A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶u̶m̶e̶/̶p̶a̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶w̶a̶p̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶
EDIT: I was using an older version, but anyways, the latest version (19XXTE 0.9G) doesn't work on VC Wii, it loads the "You will need the classic controller" text, and then crashes there.
EDIT2: Just use Not64.
EDIT3: Not64 has major frameskipping issues so It's useless in competitive/tournament play.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i remember playing this with wii64 emulator on omebrew wii and it went to regular debug not toggle debug

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
I also have noticed that some features like the toggles for music, hitbox mode and pause also doesn't work on Wii VC (Injected with Sin & Punishment), or maybe I'm using an older version of 19XXTE? Can anyone confirm this?
Also, I did notice that more than two players can't use the same costume/palette swap from the same character, from what I've played for now.
I can't speak for Wii VC but all the toggles work for me on console.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
It should be 19XXTE_?.?.xdelta after the name change
Apparently the latest version (0.9G) doesn't work with Wii VC. I know because I have just tested it. I think it has something to do with the Autoboot to Custom Debug Menu. Just random assumption, no clue whatsoever.
S̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶ ̶V̶C̶-̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.̶ ̶G̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶:̶(̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶6̶4̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶6̶4̶ ̶l̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶A̶ ̶T̶O̶N̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶
EDIT: As an alternative you can use Not64, an experimental modification of Wii64. I tested it with 19XXTE 0.9G and it worked perfectly, the framerate is smooth and the game plays almost flawlessly.
EDIT2: Just figured out that Not64 has major frameskipping issues so It's useless in competitive/tournament play.

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶1̶9̶X̶X̶T̶E̶ ̶(̶0̶.̶9̶G̶)̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶w̶l̶e̶s̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶6̶4̶,̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶6̶4̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶6̶0̶/̶f̶p̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶l̶e̶x̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶u̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶V̶C̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶s̶,̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶ ̶S̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶p̶h̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶u̶d̶i̶o̶ ̶g̶l̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶F̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶c̶k̶.̶ Thank you Jorgasms, keep improving your hack.
EDIT: Found out that Not64 also has frameskip issues, took a while to figure out that. And is even worse than in regular VC. Injecting the latest version (0.9G) into Sin & Punishment won't work, but if you inject an older version it will work.

Last edited:

SeariousScar

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know where I can buy an everdrive to use on my N64 for this hack?

Last edited:

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
What's the difference with everdrive v2.5 and v3?
Also, 19xx on an everdrive plays smooth like a normal cartridge, right? Not like a computer?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
What's the difference with everdrive v2.5 and v3?

And to answer a frequently asked question, yes, you can use v2.5 for 19XX and it works just fine.

Also, 19xx on an everdrive plays smooth like a normal cartridge, right? Not like a computer?
You're playing it on actual N64 hardware so it will run just like a normal cartridge would.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Cyjorg Cyjorg don't listen to the guy who keeps talking about the toggles lol do you, I love the vanilla idea :)

Sorry guys for being gone so long, my great friend is back btw so ask me anything you want and I'll tell him!
image.jpg

Man I miss Ultimate Smash bros, but I'm extremely happy that I can witness you fulfilling my dreams ^-^

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Cyjorg Cyjorg don't listen to the guy who keeps talking about the toggles lol do you, I love the vanilla idea :)

Sorry guys for being gone so long, my great friend is back btw so ask me anything you want and I'll tell him! View attachment 99203

Man I miss Ultimate Smash bros, but I'm extremely happy that I can witness you fulfilling my dreams ^-^
1. Polygon special moves.
2. Tell him to add me on skype. Jorgasms

wlbdsbdls

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain to me how to use KnitePhox's graphics plugins? ive replaced the RDB file with the one he included but I don't know how to put in the plugins.

Do I just rename the .dll and the .ini, and put them into the plugins folder? What should I rename them to? Do i need a wrapper for the plugins?

caneut

Smash Ace
Can someone explain to me how to use KnitePhox's graphics plugins? ive replaced the RDB file with the one he included but I don't know how to put in the plugins.

Do I just rename the .dll and the .ini, and put them into the plugins folder? What should I rename them to? Do i need a wrapper for the plugins?
you just put the files in the directory to download the right plugins and execute the corresponding codes.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Found out that Not64 also has frameskip issues and there is NO way to properly play the latest version (0.9G) in Wii console. Injecting an older version will work, but the latest version when injected gets stuck in the classic controller screen text.

SpiralOut

Smash Rookie
People SHOULD be using another emulator, but that isn't why it's not working for you in PJ64k. A specific plugin is needed for it to work through emulation and a certain RDB file is needed for it to show up in your rom database for it to be used online.
I downloaded these files. Now what?? Where do I put the RDB file? How do I get the emulator to read the modded game?

SpiralOut

Smash Rookie
Followed the instructions in the readme. It won't patch. I get this error "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". Can someone help? I reallllllly want to play this lol

Melf

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
Could someone provide med with a hacked rom? Im on ubuntu and the patching Isnt working for me. Thanks

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Think I have a solution. Theoretically, this allows for the creation of clones (i.e. Falco, Ganon, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu) idk we'll see

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me. I've had an error that keeps popping up whenever I attempt to patch my ROM of 64. Now this can be caused by several factors, the problem is I don't know which is could be.
I'm using a USA Super Smash Bros 64 ROM, and attempted to follow the readme file attatched. But when I tried to patch it after making the original ROM into Big Endian... I tried patching and it gave me an error saying "xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL"

I'm not sure what this means. It could be my ROM, it could be I'm doing something incorrectly, or maybe there's been a change. Or maybe it's just my computer not liking this stuff. I have no idea. But I'd like some insight if it exists.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Excuse me. I've had an error that keeps popping up whenever I attempt to patch my ROM of 64. Now this can be caused by several factors, the problem is I don't know which is could be.
I'm using a USA Super Smash Bros 64 ROM, and attempted to follow the readme file attatched. But when I tried to patch it after making the original ROM into Big Endian... I tried patching and it gave me an error saying "xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL"

I'm not sure what this means. It could be my ROM, it could be I'm doing something incorrectly, or maybe there's been a change. Or maybe it's just my computer not liking this stuff. I have no idea. But I'd like some insight if it exists.
Needs to be an NTSC Rom
Make sure you're putting your rom as the source files and the .xdelta as the patch file

RPGgrenade

Smash Apprentice
Needs to be an NTSC Rom
Make sure you're putting your rom as the source files and the .xdelta as the patch file
Isn't the USA rom the NTSC version? If not I'll look into finding the correct version. And yes I'm pretty sure I'm applying the source file and patch file correctly.

GFD

Smash Cadet
It's worth noting that their Falco model seems to crash Project 64 when using low-level graphics emulation (such as with angrylion's pixel-accurate RDP), so whatever methods were used there probably won't work on a real N64.

Last edited:
Top Bottom