• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unrealistic Characters that You Want as DLC

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Exactly what the title says; name any characters you'd love to have playable in Smash but they just aren't very likely. The only ground rule is that it has to be a character who has ties to Nintendo in some way or another, no matter how small (so Godzilla would be elligible, since he may have been an inspiration for Tyranitar). Stuff like Goku and Shrek are thusly not considered viable, even when talking unrealistically, as there's been nothing by Nintendo that references these two characters.

Civility would be beautiful, of course; I'd rather not have flame wars erupting over data in a video game. :p

Personally, my unrealistic DLC list would be as follows:
  • Tyrantrum
  • Godzilla
  • Ridley
  • King K.Rool
  • Protoman
But what are everyone else's unrealistic DLC choices?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Touhou Smash Battles is a thing, so I'mma say Reimu Hakurei.

Bonus points if Marisa Kirisame appears as an alt.

Viewtuful Joe. Love that guy.

It does seem Ridley is also unrealistic unfortunately :/

Viridi is unrealistic for different reasons. Give Uprising 2

Last edited:

Electrodrome23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Electrodrome23
This is going to sound so strange but i always wanted master chief from the halo series i don't know why.

Master chief for Smash 5

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seems like Ridley's unrealistic, unfortunately, so I'd have to list him.

I'd also like to see Mike Jones from Star Tropics or Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight released as DLC, but seeing as they're only on the NES, Star Tropics was never released in Japan, and Joy Mech Fight was never released outside of Japan, it seems impossible.

Also, third party characters - particularly Snake, Bayonetta, Terra Branford, or Rayman. I feel like there's still a chance (especially with Snake, seeing as most of the groundwork and whatnot was already done for Brawl, so they have a basis for his moveset and they've negotiated this sort of thing with Konami in the past), but I don't know how likely it is that Nintendo will use them as DLC over their own characters.

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
Mawile from Pokemon:

Mawile has powerful attacks, but is slow and is small, so it's attacks don't have much range. It walks backwards with the mouth on the back of its head facing where it's going. Most of it's attacks involve its hands and feet or attacking by swinging its head.

Neutral B: Crunch, similar to Wario's chomp.
Side B: Flash Cannon, fires a beam of energy from its mouth.
Down B: Sucker Punch, disappears and reappears a distance away while attacking.
Up B: Magnet Rise, similar to R.O.B.'s Robo Burner except touching Mawile causes electrical damage.
Final Smash: Mega Mawile, powers up all of it's attacks.

Mega Mawile:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Not sure if this one's unrealistic, but definitely Wolf. I miss him a lot. :urg:
(Wolf for DLC!)

As for more unrealistic choices, I'd say:

• Doopliss from Paper Mario - TTYD... I can see his Final Smash turning everyone into pigs. :troll:
  • Paper Mario (or a Paper Mario skin for Mario)
  • Zoroark (I know this one has no chance, but I favor him over Lucario/Mewtwo)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Vivian from Paper Mario (I wanted her so badly during Brawl speculation, needless to say my expectations were straightened out for Smash 4)
Kat & Dusty from Gravity Rush (I always thought they'd suit Smash Bros more for some reason)
Giygas from Earthbound (I'm generally not keen on more Earthbound reps but I'd be on board if they managed to make Giygas work. Not his Mewtwo form either, I'm talking "Can't comprehend his attack" Giygas)

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Uff ... any character from Fire Emblem sincerely xD

And guess Adeleine also counts.

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Professor Elvin Gadd of course! Also, I'd like to see Terra Bradford or maybe even Dr. Lobe.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Banjo-Kazooie: Back when rare was a 2nd party developer for Nintendo these were awesome...but there is no chance of a character owned by the manufacturer of another console shows their faces in smash. What a fall for that studio... what a fall.

Cloud Strife: Final Fantasy VII is my favorite single player game ever... I'd like to see a move set combining his blade, some magic, and limit breaks. Nothing to do with Nintendo however.

Unlikely but I can dream because not impossible:

Yoda: The short little jedi master who struggles to move on the ground but has awesome fast flippy moves in the air... one of the few good things to come out of the prequel trilogy.

WaLuigi: I have always liked this character for some reason...

Toon Gannondorf: Based of the final Zela Windwaker Battle.

Last edited:

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I truly feel like Dr. Doom, Zero, and Vergil exactly as they are from UMvC3 would be perfect for this game.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Ridley. After all the controversy and disconfirmations surrounding him, having Sakurai put him in anyway would make the internet explode.

Banjo and Kazooie would be amazing as well

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley. After all the controversy and disconfirmations surrounding him, having Sakurai put him in anyway would make the internet explode.

Banjo and Kazooie would be amazing as well
It'd be the perfect cap to Sakurai's career on the series, actually; "Oh, you thought I was serious about him being too big? Well, bam! DLC Ridley as a parting gift!"

And it'd result in something similar to what happened when Sonic was revealed on the Dojo. :p

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, Tails, Waluigi, Captain Toad, The return of Pokemon Trainer's other pokemon, Wolf and Lucas, Bandanna Dee, Jill & Drill Dozer, A Fire Emblem character that DOESN'T use a sword at all, patched down to costume and custom moves/ up to unique and distinct moveset Dork Pit.

Shovel Knight, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Also even though I love the Ace Attorney series I don't feel that comfortable with a playable Phoenix Wright.

I've always wanted the Steel Samurai instead.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Ridley, Kraid, Hector, Cordelia, Noire, Tiki, Torterra, Dragonite, Farfetch'd, Zebstrika, Dillon, Viridi, Kos-Mos, Metal Face, Ghirahim, Plasm Wraith, and King Bulblax.

It kills me to say that some of these are unrealistic...

D

Deleted member

Bomberman: His chances are completely unrealistic and his series is in a very dormant state. I would love to see him be playable some day... it's my ultimate wish that will probably never come true.

Banjo-Kazooie: I loved the original game, but I played the Xbox 360 version. And you know what? I felt a little sad playing it because these two are Nintendo characters that are with a competitor. This is an absolute impossibility unless Nintendo somehow buys the license.

Amaterasu: I'm a big fan of Okami; I absolutely love that game to death. She will never be playable because she doesn't have the legacy nor justification to get in Smash, especially over Mega Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Neku Sakuraba - With all of his psyches, I feel he has incredible potential for a move set in Smash; I even planned one for him on another site. The only issue is that Sakurai/Nintendo doesn't seem to be getting Square on-board with Smash, and he does face some stiff competition should they consider adding a character from the company.

Lloyd Irving - lost his chance when they chose Pac-Man from Namco's side and nowhere near as renowned as him. I still believe

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Corsola could be a fantastic defensive character. My top unrealistic Pokemon pick, however, would be Dragonite or Blaziken.

For moveset details for Corsola and other unrealistic characters, check out my SSB4 Moveset Labs - For Fun thread!

It'd be the perfect cap to Sakurai's career on the series, actually; "Oh, you thought I was serious about him being too big? Well, bam! DLC Ridley as a parting gift!"

And it'd result in something similar to what happened when Sonic was revealed on the Dojo. :p
Oh, and also this. Just... this.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Ghirahim, Prince Fluff, Ridley, and Petey Piranha are all characters I want to see get in, even if they probably won't ever.

I didn't put one of my favorite characters in anything on that list because I'm sure Waluigi will make it into Smash 5!

Right?!

Sakurai?

please...

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Somewhat realistic: My boy Roy :roypm:

Less realistic: Megaman X, Zero or Protoman

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Masked Man, Ridley and Vaati.

Oh and Inklings, I know people think they're possible but if Nintendo were to release them as DLC, it would make sense to do it circa the release of Splatoon. Which is also around the same time Mewtwo comes out.

PF9

Smash Lord
Meowth would be nice, which could mean patching in a removal of it from the Poke Ball summons, but then again, Meowth as playable would be more likely in the next Smash game. Meowth is a very iconic Pokemon, just for the fact that a male specimen has been a main Pokemon anime character since the second episode of the original series, as part of Team Rocket. The casting of Meowth, a cat, was intended to be counterpart to Pikachu, a mouse, as cat and mouse cartoons have proven to be popular over the years, with Tom and Jerry being especially popular in Japan because it usually requires no dubbing (as there is almost no dialogue in the cartoons). It's just one of many ways Hanna-Barbera has influenced the Pokemon anime (and we all know Pac-Man's ties to Hanna-Barbera too). I'm sure there isn't anyone here who has not seen a T&J 'toon. But that's beside the point. Meowth would be a really good playable character, if not for this game, then for the next.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Where is the love for this guy?​

It would be amazing to have Conker in the game (from Conker's Bad Fur Day). He's pretty much owned by Microsoft now, so it won't happen, but he was at first a Nintendo character. The violent/sexual imagery associated to his game would also be a problem that Nintendo wouldn't want to deal with. And he's not that popular. Bummer.

Conker would be great as a character nonetheless.

He already has what it takes to make a movepool:
- His Smashes would be the frying pan/katana.
- His UpB would be his helicopter tail.
- His SideB would have him using his crossbow/slingshot or firing any other weapon from the game.
- His DownB would let him recover some health by eating a chocolate.
- His NeutralB would let him enter a kind of ''drunk mode''. While drunk, Conker would deal more damage, knockback, and be heavier, but he would be slower, unable to use his DownB, and lose some health after sobering up, for example.

I think it would be an interesting and unique type of character. He also has the family-friendly look it takes to be playable in a Smash Game.

I'm almost certain it won't happen, but if I had to choose one character it would be Conker.

Top Bottom