• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

D

Deleted member

Uhm... what?
EDIT: never mind, specific music plays for event matches

Last edited by a moderator:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Uhm... what?
EDIT: never mind, specific music plays for event matches
Whelp, found my new favorite event match.

Also, I see what Nintendo did there. I SEE IT!
Red Robot?
Green Robot?
White Robot?
Giant Metal Villain Robot?
JERGINGHA PLANET DESTRUCTION FORM playing?
Very clever, Nintendo, very clever...

D

Deleted member

Whelp, found my new favorite event match.

Also, I see what Nintendo did there. I SEE IT!
Red Robot?
Green Robot?
White Robot?
Giant Metal Villain Robot?
JERGINGHA PLANET DESTRUCTION FORM playing?
Very clever, Nintendo, very clever...
I wish they used Falcon, Ike and Green Mega Man(that's the closest to a male gun user we have) instead

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
And... I'M BACK!

Sorry. I've been busy with work and looking at multiple different things. So i couldn't return.

Glad to see Blossom City Burbs get confirmed.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's nice to know that, even if The Wonderful 101 wasn't a commercial success and even if Wonder Red doesn't make it this time as a playable fighter, Nintendo remains committed to the series. What with all of the sly references in Smash and Kamiya saying he'd be delighted to make another game if Ninty gives him the go-ahead, the future is looking bright for the CENTINELS!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
One of the things I really admire about Nintendo is that they never completely give up on a franchise. Granted, F-Zero and Earthbound are basically dead right now, but the fact that reps from their series constantly appear in Smash without fail has got to mean something. If Nintendo had really left them to die, I don't think they would still be immortalized in Smash, especially with F-Zero's recent representation in Mario Kart 8. Even Earthbound, whose only remaining crutch is Smash, has been kept alive and kicking with Ness's constant appearances in the series. I think if Nintendo wanted them dead, then they would be, but the fact is they're not. And that's great, especially for a game like The Wonderful 101. I honestly think Nintendo will keep them on life support somehow, even if it doesn't get a sequel. However, provided the circumstances of The Wonderful 101's release, the fact that it's a new IP, and, especially, it's recent popularity, I think a sequel has a considerable chance of happening. Seriously, Nintendo just needs to give PlatinumGames the Rareware treatment, except without the horrible end results. I'd love that.
Anyway, I guess this is all just to say, if there is a The Wonderful 102, what would you guys like to see in it?

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Earthbound/MOTHER is completed. So it's not "DEAD". Just has no reason to continue beyond MOTHER 3 and the Smash Series.

Raiden as a guest in Wonderful 102. lol

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
One of the things I really admire about Nintendo is that they never completely give up on a franchise. Granted, F-Zero and Earthbound are basically dead right now, but the fact that reps from their series constantly appear in Smash without fail has got to mean something. If Nintendo had really left them to die, I don't think they would still be immortalized in Smash, especially with F-Zero's recent representation in Mario Kart 8. Even Earthbound, whose only remaining crutch is Smash, has been kept alive and kicking with Ness's constant appearances in the series. I think if Nintendo wanted them dead, then they would be, but the fact is they're not. And that's great, especially for a game like The Wonderful 101. I honestly think Nintendo will keep them on life support somehow, even if it doesn't get a sequel. However, provided the circumstances of The Wonderful 101's release, the fact that it's a new IP, and, especially, it's recent popularity, I think a sequel has a considerable chance of happening. Seriously, Nintendo just needs to give PlatinumGames the Rareware treatment, except without the horrible end results. I'd love that.
Anyway, I guess this is all just to say, if there is a The Wonderful 102, what would you guys like to see in it?
I'd like to see more character development among the main cast, to be honest. We only really understand what makes Red and Blue tick, the rest don't have much going for them right now.

I'd also like to see it being set some time in the future, with Luka as the new leader of the team, and the rest having either retired or gone on to work less combat-intense jobs. I'd like to see how they could deal with some young blood and pull a Fire Emblem or Mother style "new generation" plot off~

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
We'd more then likely get that Devil May Cry Wonder Blue game if Wonderful 101 got a sequel.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We'd more then likely get that Devil May Cry Wonder Blue game if Wonderful 101 got a sequel.
I'd rather it not be about blue, he's probably my least favorite.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's nice to know that, even if The Wonderful 101 wasn't a commercial success and even if Wonder Red doesn't make it this time as a playable fighter, Nintendo remains committed to the series. What with all of the sly references in Smash and Kamiya saying he'd be delighted to make another game if Ninty gives him the go-ahead, the future is looking bright for the CENTINELS!
It's not Nintendo who remained committed to W101, it's Sakurai.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's not Nintendo who remained committed to W101, it's Sakurai.
Aaaand your point is?

There's content in Smash. Smash is an advertisement for Nintendo series. It's a tried and tested method of getting word out about games that people may not have heard of or played yet.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Smash is an advertisement for Nintendo series.
It definitely is. And it definitely works. For example, I wasn't even considering the idea of buying Yoshi's Wooly World, but after playing the game's stage in Smash Wii U and listening to the game's absolutely gorgeous music, I am buying it day one. Not to mention the Baten Kaitos music, which made me pumped to play the game (until I remembered it is a turn based RPG, which isn't my thing lol).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Aaaand your point is?

There's content in Smash. Smash is an advertisement for Nintendo series. It's a tried and tested method of getting word out about games that people may not have heard of or played yet.
It wasn't an argument, it was more of a clarification of who's directing almost every piece of content for the game.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It wasn't an argument, it was more of a clarification of who's directing almost every piece of content for the game.
Oh, I know, and I wasn't intending to start a debate. ;P

I'm just saying, it doesn't matter who's including the content or why, the point remains concrete: people get to see The Wonderful 101 in action and that means there's more interest in the series overall.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, guys, realtalk here for a moment.

Do we still believe Wonder Red could be a playable character as DLC? There's nothing solid to disconfirm him yet, but there doesn't seem to be any indications that he will be playable, either. We're pretty much in limbo at the moment, though the same can be said for DLC in general right now ahaha~

Whatever the circumstances may be, I remain beholden to Mr Wedgewood and will continue to keep the faith! Even if he did miss the boat this time around, there's every chance a sequel will be made, and I'm sure that Red and the gang will get their chance next time!

In the meantime, of course, I think he remains a strong possibility if DLC is indeed successful and continues to thrive well into the foreseeable future. All we can do now is stand strong and wait it out - we'll know for sure in due time, I daresay, and either way, we did our best and will continue to do our best for as long and as hard as we need to do it~!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just keep up hope for the possibility that there will be more DLC.

That's the only thing in our way right now.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Honestly I think one thing that seriously gives Red a good shot is that TW101 gets it's own box for trophies. Rhythm Heaven doesn't, Captain Rainbow doesn't, a lot of other contenders just don't and share general ones, but TW101 has music and it's own trophy box, which is a good sign I think.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Theirs a update for notifications!

"Cyber Deals"
it said for the WII U, some WII U games and The Wonderful 101 are going to have a discount
oh jolly, that gives us a feeling because one of the statements Sakurai said is that it must represent the game it came from and expect people to buy it if they become a character I think, not sure, correct me if im wrong, but if Wonder Red came in SSB4 as DLC, then more people would buy TW101 plus the discount making MORE people want to play it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Theirs a update for notifications!

"Cyber Deals"
it said for the WII U, some WII U games and The Wonderful 101 are going to have a discount
oh jolly, that gives us a feeling because one of the statements Sakurai said is that it must represent the game it came from and expect people to buy it if they become a character I think, not sure, correct me if im wrong, but if Wonder Red came in SSB4 as DLC, then more people would buy TW101 plus the discount making MORE people want to play it.
Are they going to discount W101 again?
I missed the chance last year.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Honestly I think one thing that seriously gives Red a good shot is that TW101 gets it's own box for trophies. Rhythm Heaven doesn't, Captain Rainbow doesn't, a lot of other contenders just don't and share general ones, but TW101 has music and it's own trophy box, which is a good sign I think.
If Captain Rainbow got in, people would treat him like Captain Falcon.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Confirming it with my own two yes, I can safely say that, yeah, that's pretty interesting indeed.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Wouldn't Rayman's aliases on the punch-out stage be "Hero of the Glade of Dreams?"
I think that would just be too cheesy and easy to do, no duh hes the hero, but I just have a feeling on something different.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Confirming it with my own two yes, I can safely say that, yeah, that's pretty interesting indeed.
Really stupid question incoming! How do you even get to the trophy boxes?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Really stupid question incoming! How do you even get to the trophy boxes?
Honestly, that took me a while to figure out as well, and then I ended up doing it by accident anyway.

Press X (EDIT: if you're using the Gamepad, I mean, otherwise the instructions are in the corner of the screen for your respective controller) in the trophy gallery.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, that took me a while to figure out as well, and then I ended up doing by accident anyway.

Press X (EDIT: if you're using the Gamepad, I mean, otherwise the instructions are in the corner of the screen for your respective controller) in the trophy gallery.
Ah, thank you so much.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wouldn't Rayman's aliases on the punch-out stage be "Hero of the Glade of Dreams?"
I think that would just be too cheesy and easy to do, no duh hes the hero, but I just have a feeling on something different.
hang on i might have missed a step, whats rayman got to do with wonder red?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Incidentally, can anybody tell me how to unlock Jergingha's theme? Is there a special requirement or is it just a collectible CD?

D

Deleted member

Incidentally, can anybody tell me how to unlock Jergingha's theme? Is there a special requirement or is it just a collectible CD?
Knowing Sakurai, you probably have to beat Classic Mode at 9.0 intensity while using Jigglypuff

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Just been playing TW101 on a friend's recommendation. Add me to the supporters list!

Top Bottom