• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I like everything, everywher I go. That's why.
Time to put this to the ultimate test!

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy You are by far the worst user on the Smashboards! The Smash Community would be a better place without you!

Now we wait...

Edit: He liked it! NonSpecificGuy liked it! He has passed the ultimate test! He truly likes all posts he comes across!

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy You are by far the worst user on the Smashboards! The Smash Community would be a better place without you!

Now we wait...

Don't be hatin'.

Edit: Awesome, Nonspecificguy totally handled the test.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Don't hit me for saying this but....

Isn't getting Wonderful 101 music on a non Wonderful 101 stage a little dodgy? As an Isaac fan I'm plenty aware that having the music of a series playing on an unrelated stage isn't a good sign.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Now we wait...
Dear Lord! He actually liked it! I, as a proper reward for a deed of such magnitude, hereby award you with the lofty title of

Don't hit me for saying this but....

Isn't getting Wonderful 101 music on a non Wonderful 101 stage a little dodgy? As an Isaac fan I'm plenty aware that having the music of a series playing on an unrelated stage isn't a good sign.
Well, it's better than nothing. I mean, yes, maybe getting songs on another stage is a bad sign, but it means just as much good, as well, I think. It shows that they at least paid a passing thought to them in development, and that's a fairly good sign for when they come up with DLC. Besides, its only one song. And, not many Final Boss songs make it into Smash. Though, this one is far more epic than any Final Boss songs I've heard. Anyway, I'd treat music like I treat trophies; unless there's exceptionally strong evidence there, it probably doesn't mean anything.

Not to mention, Nintendo doesn't even consider DLC when they're making games, so they may have put that song in to pay homage to them, and now they might be thinking about how awesome Wonder-Red would be and how they should include him as DLC:p.

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
It probably just means that if Red becomes playable then we won't also get a stage. They could re-allocate the songs to an appropriate stage should we get one, but just having the music (and Red of course) is enough.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm a huge fan of Wonder Red. Wonderful 101 is one of the first 10/10 games I truly believe.

I really like the moveset ideas and he is easily my second most wanted character for DLC.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This game is truly a gem, the story was great. Shame on nintendo for not marketing it better.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It really was a great game. Truly a diamond in the rough. I hate it when I'm talking to a friend about it, someone overhears and asks about it, and then I tell them what I'm talking about, and they're all like, "What?" Then, after I spend 5 minutes explaining the storyline and gameplay, they say "That's gay," or "What kind of crack were the developers on?" Then, a select few belonging to a special breed of idiot have the audacity to say "Go play Call of Duty," or something along those lines. Yes, because after all the originality and creativity I just described, I definitely want to go play something as rehashed as Call of Duty. Fanboys...
The Wonderful 101 had the most original gameplay and concept I've seen since I don't even know. Just the sheer concept of having 100 heroes, and then turning that into a combat system involving combining them, is creative in and of itself. And, they have a weapon for everything, and I mean everything: Time dilation, long-range, stone wall, mighty glacier, grabbing oriented, jack-of-all-stats, lasers, multi-strike; They even found a way to implement a mind-control weapon that didn't interrupt the flow of gameplay. The game was incredibly difficult, unlike a lot of the hand-holding that seems to permeate a lot of video games nowadays. It's achievement system and unlockable characters were awesome, and the amount of additional content (Files and the like) was mind-blowing. I myself found the HQ Model Gallery particularly interesting. Then there was the enemy scale, and the amazing boss fights. Heck, the game's first boss was better then some games final boss, and some of the mid-boss fights could've easily been boss fights in other games. Character development was awesome, and the soundtrack was too amazing to describe in words. Each character had their own developed personality, and they all had a charm to them, which also applied to the game overall. Even the boss characters were developed and awesome, and Vorkken, Chewgi, and the rest of the Guyzoch were excellent additions, especially in their functions as rival characters. I loved Immorta's inclusion, and the voice acting was superb, not only for her, but for everyone in the game. I could go on and on, but, long story short: The Wonderful 101 was a truly wonderful game! 101/10-Would play again!

Sorry for the long post. I kinda got on a roll, and I was also ticked off at someone whose part of this "Special breed of idiot."

Edit: Whoops! Image didn't work and I didn't notice until now. Sorry. Removed to make your viewing of this message easier!

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
So, Wonderful Ones, which Unite Morph is your favorite? Personally I have a soft spot for the Unite Hammer, it has a lot of utility, and while it starts off clunky, the rising and cyclone it gets make it an astounding boss buster and enemy remover, especially in tendem with Unite Bomb or the Climb Attack.

D

Deleted member

So, Wonderful Ones, which Unite Morph is your favorite? Personally I have a soft spot for the Unite Hammer, it has a lot of utility, and while it starts off clunky, the rising and cyclone it gets make it an astounding boss buster and enemy remover, especially in tendem with Unite Bomb or the Climb Attack.
Sword and Naginata, Sword was my go to choice for almost every boss since it is balanced in power and range while I just used Naginata 'cause I like Chewgi

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Naginata is pretty great, I just wish it weren't around for such a limited amount of time. Chewgi's a really good and well handled character, hopefully he gets a trophy!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Choose one to me be my favorite? ONE? But they're all awesome!
But, if I had to choose one, it'd be Unite Bomb. It's just so useful. You can toss it, and then follow it up with something like Unite Hammer or an Assist Morph combo. I just love it. Plus, Wonder-Black is my favorite, so that probably influenced my decision a little:p.
Others that I really enjoy are Unify Naginata (It's "Stone Wall" properties are just epic), Unite Claw and Unite Drill (For their rapid strikes and, in Claw's case, freezing abilities), and Unite Bowgun (Mind control FTW!).
Naginata is pretty great, I just wish it weren't around for such a limited amount of time.
I take it you haven't figured it out yet. I'll tell you, but be warned:

So don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.
All temporary party members are unlockable characters. This includes Chewgi, Vorkken, Immorta, Wonder-Goggles, and Wonder-Red (Emeritus). So, once you've unlocked them, you can use their respective Unite/Unify Morph at any time you want.
I bet I know what you're thinking.

ENGAGING UNLIMITED HYPE!

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I know they're unlockable, I'm just talking from a main story perspective. Why else would there be 118 Wonderful Figurines? Interface spoilers be darned.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I know they're unlockable, I'm just talking from a main story perspective. Why else would there be 118 Wonderful Figurines? Interface spoilers be darned.
Ah. I see. Well, then in that case, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. But, yes, you are correct about the main story. It was sad that you could only use them for a limited time, especially Unite Bowgun and Unify Naginata. But, it was all better when I figured out I could unlock them. That, my friend, was one of the few times in my life when I've had true hype.

Anywho, speaking of unlocking characters, who was the hardest for you to unlock, other than Wonder-Bayonetta, of course. Platinum Paragon was a trip through hell to get.
Mine was probably Prince Vorkken. That "Operation Annihilation" Bottle Cap was super hard for me to get. But, it was worth it to get Vorkken.

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
As someone who always likes seeing new IPs in smash and particularly loved wonderful 101 I gotta say: UNITE SUPPORT!

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Im going to be talking about Wonder Red's moveset,
not THIS wonder red:
, THIS wonder red:
I advice you to not read this if you don't know what Wonderful 101 is or you haven't played it.
Spawn animation: Wonder Red in his normal outfit(teacher), then says "Wonder eyes, red!", his mouth doesn't move but the voice echos, and then the fight begins
Idle animation: Facing towards the screen(front screen), then does a military salute
Running animation: The same as Mario's running, and a little bit faster then Mario
Walking animation: The same as Mario's walking, and a bit different.
Jumping animation: jumps up, then quickly summersaults to do another jump similar to samus's jumping
Recovery Move: Wonder jump, this has a rainbow under you when you jump, it can cause damage when people go into it, not to mention the unite hand would come up and punch upward while the rainbow is under you, double the damage!, PS this is in the game
Standard A attack:Wonder Punch, first punch would be a normal punch, second would be a kick, then 3rd would be be his unite hand, similar to Shulk's standard A attack
Forward A attack:Red would slide tackle like Mario
Standard B attack:Wonder Red would use his unite hand and smack the floor to hit opponents
Forward B attack: Wonder Red would use his unite hand to reflect projectiles similar to Palutenas reflect
Foward smash attack:Reds hand would come out and grip and then when it hits, it would punch very fast and hard forward
Up smash attack:Reds hand would charge up and punch fast upward and hard
Down smash:Red would take out his fist and then charge up and spin around on the floor, just like Shulk's down smash
Nair:Red would spin around while his fist out hitting opponents
Bair:Red would hit the opponent with his fist behind his back
Fair:Red would "falcon punch" the opponents in the air
Dair:Red would fire his arm downward
Down A: Red would punch with his fist down like meta knights sword poking the opponent
Final Smash: Wonderful Unite: Red ,Pink, Yellow, Blue, Black, Green, and White would be in this, Wonder red summons his Unite hand(giant fire fist) to grab the opponents and then the wonder colors would be in a pose while doing there Unite weapons, similar Megamans final smash but instead of lasers they do there signature moves, greens gun reds giant unite hand, etc
Taunt Up:Wonder red would say "Roger" with a military salute
Taunt Down:Wonder red would say "Team, unite up!" and bring out his Unite hand while slamming it on the ground.
Taunt Left/Right:Wonder red would say "This is JUSTICE!" and do this pose:

Grabs:Wonder Red would take out his Unite Hand and then grab the opponent, he would then either do these options
Up grab:Wonder Red would make his fist crush them then throw them up
Down grab:Wonder Red would make his fist crush them and smash them down
Left/Right grab:Wonder Red would make his fist crush them and then throw them left or right, similar to master hand grabs and then throws them the opposite way very far

Tell me what I missed for moves, dang, it sure takes too long to make a moveset, considering Wonder Red's only move is wonder jump, wonder punch, unite hand and normal punches and kicks, man that's pretty it, is there any other moves he can use? I don't remember the game that well since I played it a year ago.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
not THIS wonder red:
, THIS wonder red:
I advice you to not read this if you don't know what Wonderful 101 is or you haven't played it.
Spawn animation: Wonder Red in his normal outfit(teacher), then says "Wonder eyes, red!", his mouth doesn't move but the voice echos, and then the fight begins
Idle animation: Facing towards the screen(front screen), then does a military salute
Running animation: The same as Mario's running, and a little bit faster then Mario
Jumping animation: jumps up, then quickly summersaults to do another jump similar to samus's jumping
Recovery Move: Wonder jump, this has a rainbow under you when you jump, it can cause damage when people go into it, not to mention the unite hand would come up and punch upward while the rainbow is under you, double the damage!, PS this is in the game
Standard A attack:Wonder Punch, first punch would be a normal punch, second would be a kick, then 3rd would be be his unite hand, similar to Shulk's standard A attack
Standard B attack:Wonder Red would use his unite hand and smack the floor to hit opponents
Forward B attack: Wonder Red would use his unite hand to reflect projectiles similar to Palutenas reflect
Foward smash attack:Reds hand would come out and grip and then when it hits, it would punch very fast and hard forward
Down smash:Red would take out his fist and then charge up and spin around on the floor, just like Shulk's down smash
Down A: Red would punch with his fist down like meta knights sword poking the opponent
Final Smash: Wonderful Unite: Red ,Pink, Yellow, Blue, Black, Green, and White would be in this, Wonder red summons his Unite hand(giant fire fist) to grab the opponents and then the wonder colors would be in a pose while doing there Unite weapons, similar Megamans final smash but instead of lasers they do there signature moves, greens gun reds giant unite hand, etc
Taunt Down:Wonder red would say "Team, unite up!" and bring out his Unite hand while slamming it on the ground.
Grabs:Wonder Red would take out his Unite Hand and then grab the opponent, he would then either do these options
Left/Right grab:Wonder Red would make his fist crush them and then throw them left or right, similar to master hand grabs and then throws them the opposite way very far
Tell me what I missed for moves, dang, it sure takes too long to make a moveset, considering Wonder Red's only move is wonder jump, wonder punch, unite hand and normal punches and kicks, man that's pretty it, is there any other moves he can use? I don't remember the game that well since I played it a year ago.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
im not 100% sure but im fairly certain the're 3rd party
They're actually first party

also, it takes so damn long to make a moveset, I got this far and still making editing and putting stuff on it:
not THIS wonder red:
, THIS wonder red:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Sakurai is good friends with the director of Platinum games that owns TW101 and Bayonetta, theres a chance TW101 may get in.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
First thing, that Wonder Red joke was funny. Second thing, I like the idea. His weapons should probably be a lot smaller, though. Having a sword the size of a skyscraper soundskinda overkill.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I think the drawing on the pad is a little bit too much to handle, I think the moves should just trigger on normal SSB4 gameplay instead of drawing the symbols for the unite morph weapons since the DLC will be all on the WII U and also the 3DS to make it equal characters, so drawing something on the bottom touch screen for the 3DS while playing on for glory online would make you lose big time.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hell yeah sign me up.

Been watching W101 playthroughs and I seriously love this dude. Will totally support.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
First thing, that Wonder Red joke was funny. Second thing, I like the idea. His weapons should probably be a lot smaller, though. Having a sword the size of a skyscraper soundskinda overkill.
Its been a bit too long since I played TW101, I sold my Wii U making me not getting SSB4 for wii u version which really sucks, my memories aren't the best, so I don't remember a lot, haven't seen any other Wonder Red movesets until now, didn't notice people thought of the brilliant other wonderful 101 people doing moves like unite whip and unite hammer, I always just thought it was one character with his signature moves and no one else.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
As someone who always likes seeing new IPs in smash and particularly loved wonderful 101 I gotta say: UNITE SUPPORT!
not THIS wonder red:
, THIS wonder red:

Why am I not listed as a supporter? Add me to the list!:)
Wonderful Ones, count me in!
Sorry for not being here in a while. Lack of sleep and night shift at my job kind of gets in the way. :laugh:

1. Added a lot of supporters!

2. @ Golden Sun Golden Sun , i added your moveset to the OP!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hell yeah sign me up.

Been watching W101 playthroughs and I seriously love this dude. Will totally support.
Ah, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , I've seen you at the Mewtwo threads! Welcome! You are now part of the Wonder-Mewtwo group: A special group that supports both Wonder-Red and Mewtwo and hangs out frequently in both forums. It consists of me, you, and @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Also, unrelated, but I'm sorry everyone over in the "Mewtwo's voice" thread is ignoring your question. I thought it was a great one.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What do you guys think of Wonder Red and his position on the poll? I think that it's actually a decent spot based on who is in front of him.

Either way, he's one of my top picks for DLC. He's got a lot of interesting things going for him. It also helps that I loved the Wonderful 101 as a game.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I'm happily surprised he's managing to get 20+% of votes for him. That means 1/5 people not only know about him, but actively WANT him to be playable. That's pretty impressive given his competition. I still think Red would make a great choice for DLC, hopefully with time we will get what we want!

Top Bottom