• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Please don't hammer me so blah-zei? I think my lynch is dumb. A majority of players will realize my lynch is dumb after my flip and I feel like you switched on me at the twilight hour of when I needed someone to help me so I have very little hope for town in the long run honestly.

I don't get why you have been making a big deal about my hammer for the past page or so and why you feel the need to hammer when you have been defending me all day-phase which makes it look incredibly weird that you are wanting to lynch me all of sudden and so passionately.

Hell, have you seen Rake/RR's vote-posts or their reasoning' for lynching me, I'll re-quote again for emphasis, but signing up for a lynch where a majority of the wagon is this:

I like Kary and agree that you are scum.
Then go ahead, lynch me and be ready for the mistake you're about to make. You seem to think Kary is town for little to no reason and when toMorrow happens everyone is going to be magically changing their mind about her and saying "OH well shucks guys, J was right, let's lynch Kary now" and if Kary is town, then it's handing the game to scum really easily.

I urge for people to actually analyze this game and think more intuitively instead of being lazy. Yeah, there are tons of inactives and replacements, but both town and scum are using that as a crutch which has lead to my lynch which is something that is going to be sad to watch transpire because I have been trying really damn hard this game to express my views and point into where scum actually is other than myself to live by example to players like Soup/Joey/Rake who give up the second pressure is surmounted to them and they rage-quit the game. Pressure happens in game, I'm not happy about it, but I'm sticking it out and trying until the very last breath of my posts because here's the thing:

That's what playing to your town win-con means. That's what it means to be town. This is what happens when you are pushed as town, you try your damndest to prove yourself and if you are innocent and still get lynched? That's just because the cards are not fully in your favor due to a plethora of reasons.

So Ranmaru, I'll say this one more time and say this vehemently so, do. not. lynch. me. I am town and you are making a mistake that will hurt the game more than help.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm reading through the game currently.

What was the exact role Soup claimed, and what do you mean by "There was a click as well"?
Rather than voting you immediately I would like to know what exactly this means.
This is slightly suspicious to me. I asked him about thoughts, that's all he said. He only asked about my claim and apologized to Rake about making him claim. Do remember that he made a big post and vote against Gheb in his #581. No mention of it D2, just 'reading'. I find that he really had no motivation to continue that push on Gheb, therefore scum who only cares to seem townie.

#HBC | J #HBC | J : I feel you. Yet I have made my decision. I have thought about it, and I think it's you.

Vote J.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't toy with my feelings J. If you flip scum, I'd look into Koops > Spak. If you flip town, I'd look into Kary > Gheb > Rake.

Still think Sang is townie. Lean town on red ryu. Can't think of anything else. Have a good night everyone.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Actually, thanks to me wwe know a robot killed kantrip.
so like, how many evil robots are htere really
How do we know a robot killed kantrip?

Funnily enough, I'm also listening to an undertale metal cover, this is relevant to the game: Another Medium
This track is fire

Kary, I find your #977 townie. I'm not down with your direction anymore. If J is scum, then I'd understand the game alot more. (For instance, why Rake was pushed so hard while Rake was being a distraction)

Unvote
Meh, I'm not really getting a town read from it. Not that I'm getting a scum read either, just null.

Ohhh, my B. I thought Chibo replaced in for Koops.
If Spak is scum, then both Koops and I are town.

Otherwise, if either of our player slots were scum with him, he would not have been confused on the replacement slot. Just some food for thought.

---

Hammer was dropped right? I'd like to see a vote count before I consider any kind of voting. I just skimmed through everything since I've joined in so far, and I'll continue to read over it a bit closer, especially with any potential reveals. These few things were just what stood out to me thus far for response.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

This track is fire

Meh, I'm not really getting a town read from it. Not that I'm getting a scum read either, just null.

Otherwise, if either of our player slots were scum with him, he would not have been confused on the replacement slot. Just some food for thought.

---

Hammer was dropped right? I'd like to see a vote count before I consider any kind of voting. I just skimmed through everything since I've joined in so far, and I'll continue to read over it a bit closer, especially with any potential reveals. These few things were just what stood out to me thus far for response.
This + Ryu; J's at L-1.
+ Ran.

So that means:

Gheb
Kary
Rake
Dietz
Ryu
Ran

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru

This track is fire

---

it has to do with my role. Oncee you read my claim you'll understand, but I can tell you i have mod confirmed information that he was killed by a robot

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Re-read the thread for a bit. Reconsidering my picks, upon J scum flip, I'd consider Spak to be scum. Koops would be the third because he's more null. Spak is scum in relation because of his tunneling on Kary, finally bringing up different picks to deflect pressure from J in his #1008 (which seems out of place, why not bring that up earlier in the day?) Other content I notice D2 is him summarizing for Chibo, stating how garbage the J wagon is. In his http://smashboards.com/threads/unde...6-at-11-59pm-pst.425467/page-20#post-20660029, he replies to me when I mention that Kary is brash regardless of alignment yet he tries to keep it as scummy because of his own perspective of kary's two last games with him. I asked about that and he never responded. Kary explains on page 8 that J his approach to Kantrip is over-blown and Spak tells him (#282) not to dare deflect from Spak's accusation, which in itself is a deflect from J.

So it's J > Spak > Koops for me now. I also don't find it likely that there would be 3 scum if there was an indy that did not count towards town majority, that's too scumsided. (Which is why I asked Joey about that) Good night.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I literally told you I am flipping town there is no point to me lying about this, stop looking for who my possible scum-partners are and look for who is the scum on my wagon and who got my lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've already covered that in my #1086. Better to cover both than just one avenue. I was just revising my picks if you flipped scum.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Re-read the thread for a bit. Reconsidering my picks, upon J scum flip, I'd consider Spak to be scum. Koops would be the third because he's more null. Spak is scum in relation because of his tunneling on Kary
Which I've stopped as of a few pages ago (like, half a dozen pages ago)
finally bringing up different picks to deflect pressure from J in his #1008 (which seems out of place, why not bring that up earlier in the day?)
What part of 1008? If you mean the part about me being suspicious of the buddying, I brought that up in my catch-up post. If you're talking about the part with my dislike for Gheb, that's been there since D1. If you're talking about my analyzation of the J slot, that's because you asked for my opinion at that point in time and I hadn't sat down and written a full slot analyzation of J until you requested me to. How is any of this deflection?
Other content I notice D2 is him summarizing for Chibo, stating how garbage the J wagon is.
I summarized for Chibo based on my PoV, which was anywhere from null/town lean to town read during that time period. I even told him to go back and read for himself because I would emphasize different parts because of my PoV. I didn't agree with the J wagon, but I saw the reasoning behind it better as I read through Dietz's and Gheb's analyzations. I honestly don't see how you could conclude that I was flat-out calling the wagon garbage when I said I understood some of the arguents.
In his , he replies to me when I mention that Kary is brash regardless of alignment yet he tries to keep it as scummy because of his own perspective of kary's two last games with him. I asked about that and he never responded.
My own perspective of Kary's two last games with me is more recent info where he was town both times. You said that people can be brash regardless of alignment, not specifically Kary. Also, what question did you ask me? I don't recall not answering any questions.
Kary explains on page 8 that J his approach to Kantrip is over-blown and Spak tells him (#282) not to dare deflect from Spak's accusation, which in itself is a deflect from J.
OK, that's a reach at best. I wanted to get Kary's attention back to my line of questioning after he flat-out ignored my most recent post and started commenting on J. I would have done the same exact thing regardless of who was being talked about.
So it's J > Spak > Koops for me now. I also don't find it likely that there would be 3 scum if there was an indy that did not count towards town majority, that's too scumsided. (Which is why I asked Joey about that) Good night.
J already confirmed that he's town. Now that he's hammered, I see no reason for you to not believe him. You also seem to be digging pretty desperately for points; are you just in denial because you made the wrong decision?

I'm going to bed and hoping to wake up to a Ran that actually makes logical progressions and fair stances rather than hammering with no explanation and then blazing my slot for completely inaccurate points.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
On another note, upon re-read of late D1, did anyone notice Rake's vote after a lynch was confirmed? That seemed kinda like he was kicking a man when he's down; I don't really think it's scummy, but it was either bad sportsmanship or he really wanted to get on the Joey wagon.
This is what I was talking about with reference to #1008. You could have brought that up much earlier, this is a little too late to count and seems more like a desperate deflect. Important part is that you held the 'brash' point as still scummy and could be null. Seeing how you exclusively focus on Kary I find that hard to believe. Finally, looking at both sides of the coin (#1086) is more important than simply going with one, it'd cover more options. Wouldn't you agree? (Him claiming he's town is null until the very mod flip) Good night.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hey dudes, was out at a tournament all day. Lynch scene will be posted when I wake up. Until then, as per the usual, no more posting.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Burgerpants, the 19 year-old cat humanoid, was not having a good time. Everyone seemed to suspect him for being responsible for Papyrus' fate, but he was completely misunderstood. He was just trying to stay alive, living day by day, helping sell steaks and legendary heroes. What reason would he have to do anything to Papyrus?

Regardless of what his motivations could be, everyone else had decided that he needed to go.

"Alright, let me just light up one more time for the road."

After a few minutes, everyone began to surround Burgerpants. It was time to put an end to this dude once and for all.

Before anyone could attack him though, Burgerpants began puffing so much smoke that no one could see their surroundings! What the heck?! Once the smoke cleared, Burgerpants had disappeared! Where could he have gone?

J has been lynched! J was Burgerpants, Vanilla Townie!

Once the smoke cleared, a random flash of light filled the area and blinded everyone! When everyone finally was able to see again, they noticed that @TheKingofKoopas has disappeared! (@TheKingofKoopas has been modkilled!) @TheKingofKoopas was Muffet, Vanilla Townie!

Night 2 Begins!

Deadline is 1/5/2016 at 11:59 pm PST!

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'll edit in some flavor if people like, just a bit too busy at the moment to write something up.

Anyway, without further ado...

Spak, Frisk, Town Lynch Stumper, has been night killed!

Rake, Alphys, Town Scientist, has also been killed during the night!

Day 3 begins!

Deadline is set for 1/13/2016 at 11:59pm PST!

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

Didn't expect to get killed tonight, but oh well; life goes on. Go town!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb, it doesn't seem like you actually believe that, since you had me high on a town list. I would expect with a town mindset to think about other question marks, like Chibo, who has not said as much content, while you are trying to narrow it down to two people. Finally, this is the first time you ever used the word 'scumbag'. Before, you were using statements as 'is a better lynch then' and 'can die'. I think this is your way of trying to fake stances.

I implore everyone to read this again, and comment on how it affects your read on Gheb. #634

Vote: Gheb

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My action failed again. I am at work but I'll post some questions to people later.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Didn't expect to get killed tonight, but oh well; life goes on. Go town!
I've seen the most scummy intent from you of any slot this game and I think you're the best option for today. I went away for the night intermission after submitting my action and took a break from Mafia, and upon re-read, I still think your slot is scummy.
:thumbsup:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Okay.

Rake [6] - Sang, Dietz, J, Koops, Kary Gheb
J [6] - Gheb, Kary, Rake, Dietz, RR, Ran

This is a line of enquiry I want to pursue. Dietz in particular seems to have done nothing but pop up to criticize slots that flipped town. @Dietz who is scum?

I also want to discuss why Ran flip-flopped onto J, particularly with the option of Rake on the table. ranmaru ranmaru why does beginning to read me as town lead to lynching J?

Looking at the playerlist I am amazed that we made it this far with so few modkills.

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ opinion on Sang?
SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior opinion on Gheb?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I also want to discuss why Ran flip-flopped onto J, particularly with the option of Rake on the table.
Because he's scum. The way we he goes from "Gheb is probably mafia" yesterDay to joining the J lynch back to "Gheb is probably mafia because of the J wagon" within few hours is just laughable. Even J himself admitted that my reasoning to push his lynch was solid enough compared to like everybody else and a Rake lynch easily could've been possible had Ran chosen to go with that option. Yet he decides that it's better to lynch somebody he's been reading as town for most of D2 and join his supposedly two strongest scumreads [Rake and Gheb]? Instead of making use of the very viable option of lynching one of these two scumreads?

And after all that he just turns around and starts pointing fingers at me again as if none of that happened. That's not gonna work in my book. I had better reasoning to join the J lynch to Ran, I was commiting a lot harder to that and I did not play any fake compromises or tried to blame others for the mislynch. Ran's move was just really opportunistic.

But the way Ryu jumped on the wagon and justified it also needs to be looked into. At this point I'm banking on both of these slots being scum but it's probably still worth trying to figure out whom to lynch first. Sang could be the 3rd of the bunch but I can't say for sure yet. Both her and Dietz have been keeping their options open pretty much all game.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
But the way Ryu jumped on the wagon and justified it also needs to be looked into. At this point I'm banking on both of these slots being scum but it's probably still worth trying to figure out whom to lynch first. Sang could be the 3rd of the bunch but I can't say for sure yet. Both her and Dietz have been keeping their options open pretty much all game.

And I'm top town here?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#1 how do you mix up those slots

#2 you're crazy. Why is Chibo top town?

#3 I feel like you are appealing to me / trying to persuade me in your #1112- I must be town then?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
#1 - it happens.

#2 - he's the least suspicious player alive toDay by PoE. I don't know who else I'd call solid town at this point. Ran and Ryu are my top scum picks, Sang / Dietz would both make some sense as a 3rd buddy. That leaves him and you and you've been on the wrong side of things a lot. Not sure what to make of that atm but Chibo's the only slot I can't hold anything against.

#3 - uh what. I don't even mention your name once in that post. I don't think you're scum though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But really I have no idea what your #3 is about.

"I think Ran and Ryu are scum and here's why"
"Oh so you're trying to appeal to Kary"

Like, what.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Well, this game got infinitely harder for me. I won't be able to post much over the next few days or so because I'm doing job applications and getting ready to go back to classes, but I'll be in and out, so just a heads up there.

My action failed again. I am at work but I'll post some questions to people later.
I will repeat Kary: who did you target? Also, you really need to explain more to me why you decided to switch yesterDay because, as Gheb has already stated, that looks really scummy right now.

Okay.

Rake [6] - Sang, Dietz, J, Koops, Kary Gheb
J [6] - Gheb, Kary, Rake, Dietz, RR, Ran

This is a line of enquiry I want to pursue. Dietz in particular seems to have done nothing but pop up to criticize slots that flipped town. @Dietz who is scum?

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ opinion on Sang?
SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior opinion on Gheb?
To the bolded, Dietz is what I was talking about when I said there was something I wanted to look into yesterDay, but I wanted either more info from him or another flip before I went into it more. It's at the point that I am no longer willing to wait for more information from him.

This is what I have found about JDietz, all of which make me believe that he is probably scum:
1) His history of voting and having suspicion on people have been people that have all flipped Town, besides one. He voted Kanty early D1 (note: this vote occurred following pressure from J for people reading Kanty as scum to vote him), and then unvoted him after Kanty's responses. He voted Rake and pushed Rake's wagon, and then disappeared for the rest of D1 (although he explained why D2). He indicates that he thinks that Spak, Soup, and Rake are likely scum. Although we don't know Ran's alignment, we know that Spak and Rake were Town. He then hops on the J wagon D2 although he stated no prior suspicion on J.
2) He hasn't really posted anything that is super telling of his reads, and he hasn't tried to scumhunt besides hopping on wagons and then disappearing after they get going (the thing that happened D1 happened again D2 with J's wagon, as he didn't come back to address anything following Kary and J's arguments). Even after re-reading his posts, I still can't tell what his reads really are because he uses very vague wording. Starting D2 he wanted to push Rake again, but then seemingly dropped that with no reason, and his saying that scum lies with the inactives allows him to make a non-answer (note: he again said he had suspicion of Koops, who also flipped Town).
Consider this me voting for JDietz. Kary, I still think you are likely scum, but I have a more solid read on JD right now.

As to my opinions on Gheb, I have him on my "slightly leaning town" list right now. There were some things I didn't like about his D1 play but I started liking him more D2, despite his J push. Gheb being on both wagons doesn't have much tell, honestly.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
#2 - he's the least suspicious player alive toDay by PoE. I don't know who else I'd call solid town at this point. Ran and Ryu are my top scum picks, Sang / Dietz would both make some sense as a 3rd buddy. That leaves him and you and you've been on the wrong side of things a lot. Not sure what to make of that atm but Chibo's the only slot I can't hold anything against.
Gheb, can you talk to me a bit more about your Ryu read? Why do you think that he's scum? Also, talking about keeping options open, I find it interesting that you have listed 4/7 people that are likely to be scum. One town is you, and you say that Kary is town as well as Chibo, even though Chibo has hardly been in here. Why? Specifically, why do you think Chibo is top town?

Top Bottom