• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lmao the mind ninja is real with us even in mafia games.

I am still down for a Rake lynch and I do admit I am being stubborn on this one, but I have no reason to view Rake as town and he hasn't given much of a reason for people to think he is town either. When he does come into the thread, he just causes a bluster and then peaces out. His claim does nothing to change my views of his slot and he is going to be a slot that has remained at a dislike for a long time.

I don't see mal-intent in Koopy's slot and especially even with his Gheb push right now he seems to be working independently and by himself and not with a team. I think that has been Koopy's game this whole game. However, with his most recent Ghebberoo push I could see a light distancing attempt from those two with Gheb's push on Koopy. But that is something to discuss later with what Joey just posted in the live update.

Unvote
Vote: Joey

Well scum is scum especially with Survivor being an Indy role we need to oust regardless.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK, so my thoughts at the moment are I REAALLLLY want to lynch Kary, but that's not gonna happen today and I don't want a NL based on my actions. I think Joey is a good alternate, but he isn't gonna happen either.

Oh, nvm. Joey can happen today.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Basically, I was voting him not to start a wagon but to get a bit of pressure on him. When the pressure started on him, his reaction was just so... extreme that I really didn't like it and viewed it as something scummy. Like, a seeming reaction of "why? you all are so dumb! why can't you see that this person is scummy even though I haven't actually given reason for him to be scummy!" (which, okay, it shouldn't be necessary to lay out all of why somebody is scummy but the push seemed very half-***ed). His subsequent responses were either null or just very self-preservation-esque which I find can be a scum-tell at times, depending on the person. Then, when he came back with pressure on him from other sides following the initial reaction, I started to like his responses and viewpoints better. I still don't like his push on the absent Adam (mainly because it was all meta and there were better places to look), but between him and Koopa, he's been doing more actual scumhunting instead of, as somebody else stated, just coming in to respond to various things and then leave. They both can go, honestly, but basically, while I think we could get good options from a Rake lynch, I think that we have a better chance of getting more from Rake later down the line than we can get from Koops, if they both keep up the way they have.

But, okay, I guess we have to go Joey now?

Idk, all these role claims make me want to cry.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, I see Joey got a survivor/3rd party role again. I'll try to come up with a new read to replace Joeys. So are we thinking a two scum team now then?

Unvote; Vote: Joey

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I am still down for a Rake lynch and I do admit I am being stubborn on this one, but I have no reason to view Rake as town and he hasn't given much of a reason for people to think he is town either. When he does come into the thread, he just causes a bluster and then peaces out. His claim does nothing to change my views of his slot and he is going to be a slot that has remained at a dislike for a long time.

I don't see mal-intent in Koopy's slot and especially even with his Gheb push right now he seems to be working independently and by himself and not with a team. I think that has been Koopy's game this whole game. However, with his most recent Ghebberoo push I could see a light distancing attempt from those two with Gheb's push on Koopy. But that is something to discuss later with what Joey just posted in the live update.
This is why I want to re-read Rake a bit. My worry, and part of the reason I'm still fine with his lynch, is will he react this same way every time there is pressure on his slot? Because idk if I want to deal with that. His claim doesn't really weigh in my mind (okay, it does, and I will admit it does but I'm desperately trying to keep it separate), but I still think there's a bit of town intent. At least enough to give me pause.

As with Koopy, to play devil's advocate but also as just a thought, working independently and working for town are two very separate things, and I do not see town intent from a Gheb vote at this point in the Day.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I came to respond to Sang that I understand I'm probably most liable to be lynched today, but then Joey claims.

I really shouldn't complain.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Considering the player, I'd buy it from Joey to self-vote as Survivor.

But that's what you have to say regarding the situation? Yikes, Rake.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I guess I should be glad that we're getting a lynch at all but this "simple" lynch takes a bit away from later on in the game in terms of connections and reads.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You are very correct Sang, however, scum is scum.

Connections will be drawn from earlier altercations in the thread.

What do you make of most of Rake's posts as of late with the "Well this is interesting"/"I don't believe that scum-vote" posts?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
(That's just me being grumpy, I guess).

Koopa, because I'm still not entirely sure where you're at, where/what do you think we should be looking at toMorrow?

J, I'm not too keen on it, tbh. There are things to comment on and/or do and that's all he does? (But, still, I'm not sure if that's scummy or just bad).

Rake, what are your thoughts on things? Why do you think it's not a scum self-vote?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
What is the votecount for Joey atm? I might pass out soon but I don't really want to accidentally hammer him so soon when there are a lot of people viewing but not really posting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We are at four Joey votes at the moment iicr. I'm also wondering if survivor counts towards towns majority or not.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We are at four Joey votes at the moment iicr. I'm also wondering if survivor counts towards towns majority or not.
Nope. If every scum was dead, I'd have to get rid of every other townie if I read my Role PM correctly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sweet, then we are well off. Only thing is the connections thing, so I think we'll have to start over to find scum D2.

I'd look into Kantrip a bit more since Joey is simply survivor.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd also look into JD, who has been away for a while. I don't have a great grasp on his slot.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Unvote Vote: KY Joey

I guess I'll just do that just in case I do fall asleep here soon. We are gonna have to start over again, but hopefully it'll be better for toMorrow for everyone.

Ran, why looking into Kanty? If you've already explained let me know.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Koopa, because I'm still not entirely sure where you're at, where/what do you think we should be looking at toMorrow?
I'm really hoping on information from the two roles we just got, the "town scientist" and the cop.
The gist is I want to look into everyone at least a little bit. Gheb, Kary, and J are just some slots that I really don't know much about and would like to look at. That list might be added to once toMorrow starts as I'm going through the rest of the pages during the night phase and just comb out some details I can write down.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I'd also look into JD, who has been away for a while. I don't have a great grasp on his slot.
I think most people considered him a town lean/read before but you're right, he hasn't been active since I think he voted Rake?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to look into Kantrip because it feels like he was conf biasing my slot and shutting down anything I had to say. I also agree with J that his bringing up the CC situation was concerning, especially since he said he was willing to move towards Koops. Then it felt like a promise he couldn't keep, and was trying his hardest to stay on my slot. I also feel the same way about his early play, since he has been doing the same thing towards J, shutting down his questioning to Rake.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think that's hammer:

Joey (#587)
J (#601)
Spak (#602)
Ran (#606)
Koops (#608)
Sang (#618)
Ryu (#622)

Dooms Dooms I wish you the best on ridding your depression. It's a long road, but certainly one worth travelling.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah feel better man. Now we know Frisno is confirmed town so if he ever claims keep that in mind. I mean I don't think there would be a reason for Joey to lie.

Sang quick read on Gheb? Just wondering what you think of him.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Best of luck to ya, Joey. :(

Ran, my read of Gheb is super null, mostly because I haven't focused on him too much for the Day. I consistently have a hard time reading him because I think him and I just don't see eye to eye on gameplay styles. I haven't seen anything from him that I think is really scummy to me, though.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Thanks guys.

Ryu/J hmu on league sometime. Miss playing with you guys. I'll see you all either on a different board or in a different mafia game quite a bit later down the road.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ok duders, sorry I was on a flight and finally landed and all that jazz.

That was definitely a lynch. I will post the flip tomorrow. Until then, no more posting.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
After quite the day of deliberation, everyone eventually turned their heads towards a human child. The child had an eerie look; their demeanor was nothing short of a killer's. A creepy grin slowly spread across their face as everyone in the cavern continued to look at the child with determination.

The child pulled out a knife, blood still fresh on the blade; it was immediately evident that this child was the one who killed Doggo.

The child lunged at the nearest living thing in the vicinity, but before they could stab their target, they were hit in the face by a burger! The force of the burger caused the child to be sent at a fast trajectory towards one of the walls of the cavern. Everyone turned to see who threw the burger, only to discover that...​

It was Grillby, Town Pacifist NPC, that was responsible!
The child, surprised but unwavering, got up and looked at Grillby with a creepy grin. Within seconds, the child was pulling knives seemingly out of an endless inventory space and began chucking them at Grillby. Grillby, however, was much too experienced with food utensils; in a sudden transformation that caused the room temperature to rise 30 degrees, Grillby began catching each of the knives with his blue fire! He caught them all with ease! He then pointed all of the knives at the child as he slowly began his approach.​

As Grillby inched closer, all the knives began to surround the child! There was no escape! Everyone looked on as the knives suddenly began to...to...melt?

The liquidated metal began to form into the shape of a cage. Alongside being reinforced by Grillby's assortment of metal from his collection of kitchen ware, the cage was indestructible. Grillby then quickly kicked the child into the cage and locked them up. There would be no killing today, because this is the PACIFIST ROUTE (except for Doggo, because Doggo).

KP Joey has been spared (lynched)! KP Joey was Chara, Independent Doctor Emperor Survivor!

KP Joey has been spared (lynched)! KP Joey was ???, Independent Doctor Emperor Survivor!

After a few minutes passed, a voice finally broke the silence.

"So, who's down for some Grillby's?"
Everyone, in unison, began heading over to Snowdin to eat burgers and have a good time. The taste of Grillby burgers filled everyone with determination.

Night 1 Begins! Send in your night actions ASAP! Night 1 ends on 12/26/2015 at 12:00pm PST.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire

All was well in the lands of the Underground. With the killer captured and set to be put on trial, everything was going quite smoothly for our heroes. Alongside delicious Grillby burgers, life couldn't quite get much better.

As everyone headed home, one of our heroes, Papyrus, began contemplating what he was going to do from here on out...

"MAN, THOSE BURGERS WERE GOOD. NOT AS GOOD AS MY SPAGHETTI THOUGH, NYEH HEH HEH"

"HMM, WHAT TO DO NOW? MAYBE I'LL SET SOME TRAPS. AND PUZZLES. AND JUNIOR JUMBLES. AND MORE PUZZLES!"

"NO ONE CAN SOLVE THE JUNIOR JUMBLES! NO ONE!!! NYEH HEH HEH!!!!!"

"OH BOY, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!"

Before Papyrus could get to setting up all his puzzles though, he was blindsided and hit in the back of the skull! Oh dear! His body ended up being dragged off...who could be responsible for this?!

The next day, everyone came together once they were informed Papyrus had gone missing. Only one clue left behind seemed to indicate his fate: one of his bones! Everyone began to discuss who the culprit/s could possibly be.

Kantrip, Papyrus, Vanilla Townie, has been attacked (night killed) during the night! The whereabouts of the body are unknown (flavor)!

Day 2 begins! Deadline has been set for January 3rd, 2016, at 11:59pm PST (one extra day to account for new year shenanigans.)

With 11 remaining, it takes 6 to spare (lynch)!

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My night action failed. There was a click, as well. I checked Jdietz. More later. Going to re-read.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
After a re-read, I'm thinking scum #1 is Gheb. Simply because, like someone else said, he doesn't seem to have the motivation to scumhunt. He is playing a safe game, without much interest in finding scum, nor does he 'seem' to have an idea and doesn't care if a large pool of people are lynched. His confidence in voting Joey twice does not transfer when I push for Joey, and weens to 'no interest'. I find his attempts to focus on Spak and fluffing with content that doesn't help him determine alignments, not pro-town.

Fwiw I agree with Koops here but I'll let him answer first before I chip in.

:059:

Here he agrees with Koops on Spaks, from the very beginning. This carries on to him antagonizing the poor guy. How does that help him progress his reads?

I dunno about Spak. I guess I don't really have a problem with him coming across a bit more laid back than usual but that whole gamefaqs story he was talking about really looks like ... he's trying a bit too hard? That may not be the right way to put it but I can't find any better word for it atm. He really just seemed to mention it for the sake of looking like he's taking things super easy and I don't remember him that way.
Here it seems like he is trying to fake a read on Spak. All I can say here.

Can you remind me to get back to you on that matter? I haven't actually read into Joey's posts or soup's responses yet.
I get the feeling that Gheb impulsively doesn't have the motivation to check, yet goes back to answer to fit with the 'pretend townie' mold.

Actually, I've just read through Joey's posts and I'm not 100% sure what him and soup are on about. A lot of either players' points look somewhat nit-picky and are based on inaccurate wording more than anything else. I think this is mostly tributed to the fact that activity hasn't really picked up yet. With a lot of people plainly not making any notable contributions people kind of struggle to get things going. Can't claim that I'm in a different boat, I still can't confidently take stances that go beyond "town, slightly leaning X".

I wanna correct you on one thing though, J. When you earlier said that I 'like' Kantrip that's not quite where it's at. I really just think that he's right with regards to Rake and I see where he's coming from. But I wouldn't say that I necessarily like him for it.

In the end, he gets nothing out of it.

Imma keep it short and say that I can't help but actually like Kantrip at this point. Choosing to not play the walling game anymore was a very, very reasonable move. Could be good scum play but for the time being I feel somewhat confident in throwing him in my townpool for one reason or another.

I find this to be fluff, no actual reason to post this but due to 'like'.

I'm not "townreading" them.
As you can see, he didn't townread Kantrip, so posting that wasn't helping him determine alignment (or anyone else, as his statement is null)

What exactly is it that makes Dietz stand out as one of the slots that you wanna keep around?
I also think this isn't pro-town, because he asks about Dietz without really having any suspicion other than 'he's just not townie'.

Rake can die but I don't understand why he's so many peoples' favorite lynch. His outburst after being pretty much completely worthless all Day isn't doing him any favors. There's two things I have to hold in his credit though and that are his reads on Adam and Koops. I agree with both of them.

Koops is definitely a better lynch than Rake at this point. He has arguably been equalluseless and his "it's Day 1 so don't mind my reads too much" sounds pretty much like an excuse to go after the two 'easiest' targets [Spak insistence on lynhing Kary is dumb and easy to argue against and Rake is just geneally a popular lynch].
Rake has a point when he says that having Adam high up on his priority list is justified. Why wouldn't his inactivity *not* be at least somewhat suspicious at this point? If it's not yet unsettling enough that he has been posting *nothing* at all, the fact that it's a hydra doing so is just really fishy. If Maven can show up, flat-out admit that he's not interested in playing and ask for a replacement why shouldn't we expect at least one head of the hydra to show up? Adam lynch has a lot more merit than people give it credit for and holding the suggestion *against* Rake is taking it too far.

Soup also is a better lynch than Rake. Almost inclined to say that it's an objective fact. Less relevant input at this point, arguably more suspicious and yet he also has had more interaction with other players so we'd probably gain more from his lynch as well.

Vote: KingofKoopas

Am willing to switch to soup if people other than Kantrip are game for it.

Koopa / soup / Adam are excellent lynches
Rake can still die for being worthless and not giving helpful responses. There are better lynches though.
Other slots aren't really on the table for one reason or another. Will not go in detail on any of those unless specifically asked for and given a good reason.

I do not find these to be convincing. Also consider the wording, he goes by saying 'this person is a better lynch than rake' and 'rake can die but I don't get why there is a wagon there'. Finally, this comes a bit after Sang has asked him why he had so many people he was fine with lynching.

Can we like ... get **** done already? This game is starting to bore me and it hasn't even started yet.

Vote: KP Joey

This feels like a confident move to with a strong belief of Joey.

I'll gladly repeat myself:

Same as here, a confirm vote.

He made one post with a lot of fluffy, inconsequential "content". The stances in that post are flat-out strange and he hasn't done anything else except a pretty forgettable back and forth with soup.

That's good enough for a lynch tbh.

With reasoning.

ranmaru ranmaru I'm not actually interested in lynching Joey at all right now.
Yet, he shows a lack of will to find mafia. Earlier he was pushing for Joey (who was 3p, which would be town in his pov if Gheb is scum), yet he didn't care to push it on later. This does not match up with his confident tone and voting Joey again.

Hey Spak, care to do something relevant? Nobody gives a single **** about Kary's church thing, nobody joined it and even Kary himself never actually did anything with it. Amount of people who took note of it / took it serious: zero.

Why do you bring it up again?

More antoganazing.

#83: Here he agrees with Koops on Spaks, from the very beginning. This carries on to him antagonizing the poor guy. How does that help him progress his reads?

#103: Here it seems like he is trying to fake a read on Spak. All I can say here.

#211: I get the feeling that Gheb impulsively doesn't have the motivation to check, yet goes back to answer to fit with the 'pretend townie' mold.

#214: In the end, he gets nothing out of it.

#267: I find this to be fluff, no actual reason to post this but due to 'like'.

#293: More antagonizing spak's slot.

#294: This feels like a confident move to with a strong belief of Joey.

#297: Same as here, a confirm vote.

#299: With reasoning.

#340: As you can see, he didn't townread Kantrip, so posting that wasn't helping him determine alignment (or anyone else, as his statement is null)

#341: I also think this isn't pro-town, because he asks about Dietz without really having any suspicion other than 'he's just not townie'.

#422: I do not find these to be convincing. Also consider the wording, he goes by saying 'this person is a better lynch than rake' and 'rake can die but I don't get why there is a wagon there'. Finally, this comes a bit after Sang has asked him why he had so many people he was fine with lynching.

#476: Yet, he shows a lack of will to find mafia. Earlier he was pushing for Joey (who was 3p, which would be town in his pov if Gheb is scum), yet he didn't care to push it on later. This does not match up with his confident tone and voting Joey again.

Same as context but with links to make it easier to read. Choose which ever is easier for you.

Summary:​

1. Doesn't seem to care about finding scum.
  2. Belief in Joey scum does not match up when asked for support. Confident to not interested.
  3. He antoganizes Spak, through out the whole game, which doesn't help him determine alignment.
  4. He tries to fake a read on Spak early in the game, and can't come up with anything solid.
  5. No motivation to actually read Joey v Soup, which in his (scum pov) would be T v T.
  6. Asks about JD without really having a scumread on him.
Vote: Gheb_01

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Coolio, honestly thought one of my for sure town-reads were going to die last night so I am happy that isn't the case and one of my feels was just killed. I'm gonna re-look through the paperwork of yesterDay and come back with a bit of analysis to how Kanty was looked at since he was a hot-topic yesterDay in the beginning.

BarDulL BarDulL What is the status on tHe-Man? I think we would all like an answer to this earlier rather than later.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote: J

You ignored two of my posts yesterDay somewhat near the deadline. Imma look them up in a bit so you can see them but you really need to respond to them asap. I have a lot of issues with your slot right now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I am half-way through my re-read and I feel like I've found some interesting trails from yesterDay that I would like to prod into. I've only got 300 or so more posts to read as of pg. 8, but I need a breather for a second and divulge some of my thoughts to remain clear and concise for the remainder.

Here are some facts yesterDay based on Kanty v. J which was the big powderkeg that got the game moving. During the debate, people were trying to decide who leaned more on Kanty being derpy and Kanty being scummy originally before he came in and explained himself which dismantled pretty much the entire wagon and moved us onto our next areas of focus.

People who found Kanty to lean more scummy intent: Sang, Soup, Ditzy
" " derpy intent: J, Rake, Gheb

When looking back, Sang was fence-sitting the arugment, but afterwards she was the main pusher on the Rake issue that was brought up earlier. Ditzy was the most gung-ho on the Kanty is scum issue when looking back seems a bit out of place and a tad forced in that regard. Rake seemed to be siding with me, but in a way that is atypical from Rake (which Kanty, himself, pointed out). Gheb took the political route and just sat on that for a while.

When looking at this pile of names I think the ones that stand out more for me is Ditzy on the scummy intent and then I would defintiely want to look at one of Rake/Gheb. I am not sure I believe both of those slots are scum, but something is definitely up with the Gheb slot the more I look at his posts. Rake's posts could actually just be him trying to be more open and then moving onto explosive dialogue because no one likes being pushed.

Segway into my next thought, when looking at the Rake v. Koopy thing that started with knowledge from what happens in this story later, I would actually say that Rake=/=Koopy in terms of a scum-team. I am moreso leaning on one of Koopy or Rake being scum at this point and I am feeling more confident on that. Both have points against them and both, but for me it is looking at who is faking things more rather and who is actually looking for scum. In this light, I give Koopy more points in his favor because he seemed to be trying to analysis the whole Kanty situation until that Sparky post that triggered what happened next in the thread.

This post is just blegh.

Kary isn't defending the system, as you can see in the quote you posted right above this. It says that grouping together generally doesn't work. Kary was defending his/her (ive seen both pronouns before im sorry) thought process on why the church was set up.

We literally just had something like this with Kantrip. He didn't think his "scummy" actions were wrong, yet when he explained his thought process, it made more sense to everyone else. Not only that, but I've seen games you were in where Mafia was just fence-sittin a good portion of the game.
Voting Kary for these reasons is just a huge stretch and you know it.
Vote: Spak
To me, based on what Koopy had been doing earlier, this seems like a weird vote on Sparky. Especially since his more recent posts have been knocking on Gheb who was a Sparky pusher. I could also see how half the game was viewing this slot as scummy, but there is something about Koopy's intent that leads me to believe that he is not scum. If I am wrong on Rake, I would actually be looking at Koopy and in turn I feel Gheb makes a logical partner with him and Gheb is moving up my scum-list the more I re-read this game.

Rake/Koopy/Gheb hold weird things from me for the beginning of the game and I would say Ditzy lost a view points on a Kanty town-flip but not enough to make me more him from my town-lean pile. Just lower on that totem pole.

I need to continue reading because this is when Kary begins picking up conversation and she was in my pile of "can die" yesterDay and based on my gut on Joey being correct I will want to continue looking at this pile of Kary/Rake/Gheb because I feel I am onto something here.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@#HBC | Kary

Reading back through the game I noticed you were arguing Rake vs Koops to be TvT? Do you still believe that to be the case / why? I still think the points I held in Rake's favor are valid but I may have given Koops a harder time than he deserved.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, I call BS on anybody towenreading Dietz during Day 1. That slot has done virtually nothing that warrants pro-town credit. I actually BS on a lot of reads people threw out yesterDay, I will likely point them out when I consider it relevant.

Top Bottom