• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ULTIMATE CANCEL / Cancel all lag RAM addresses

ant-d

Smash Lord
I hacked an 'ultimate cancel' code in SSB (64)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX_FMydnsss

Does a similar set of codes exist for SSBM?
(I've seen the rapid fire B-moves code but that's not what I'm looking for).

If nothing like this exists yet, I'll be willing to make the codes myself.
However, it would save a lot of time if someone already knows the RAM addresses for any of the following (or if you know how they are stored):

edit: NVM, I figured this out myself. ASM is the way forward :p

Lock thread if needed.

NNID
dansalvato
Pretty sure IASA is rather complicated and cancelling all lag on attacks would require re-coding the IASA of each individual action state. I did this once for a couple attacks but I imagine doing so for every action state would be tedious.

Hitlag could probably be eliminated with a memory edit, but I believe L-cancel lag would take some ASM coding to vanquish. Overall, a code like this would be a hell of a lot of work. =P

ant-d

Smash Lord
Pretty sure IASA is rather complicated and cancelling all lag on attacks would require re-coding the IASA of each individual action state. I did this once for a couple attacks but I imagine doing so for every action state would be tedious.

Hitlag could probably be eliminated with a memory edit, but I believe L-cancel lag would take some ASM coding to vanquish. Overall, a code like this would be a hell of a lot of work. =P
EDIT: Disregard this topic. I successfully hacked it myself.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Lol. Thanks for sharing.
Dont expect anything from him, the SSB 64 community has been waiting for over 5 years for his Ultimate cancel and Fast Fall aerials, it seems like he is not the kind of guy who shares his work.

And good reason too. Many times people do not get the credit they deserve for free work stuff. Usually I would say it ends up getting lost unless it becomes super popular like brawlbox, homebrew, etc. More people seek out the work to use and normally don't care who made it unless they are building on top of it.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
And good reason too. Many times people do not get the credit they deserve for free work stuff. Usually I would say it ends up getting lost unless it becomes super popular like brawlbox, homebrew, etc. More people seek out the work to use and normally don't care who made it unless they are building on top of it.
You mean the same way that he just made a topic selfishly asking for information? Everyone here is looking for information in order to build on it themselves in one way or another, and in the end it really doesn't matter who did the work, only that the work has been done.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in due credit, and I'm always apt to make sure everything is credited fully and properly — everyone seeks recognition. However, this is smashboards, and aside from regional zones, the entire purpose of this site is to exchange ideas and information. Maybe it sounds arrogant, but everyone here is nigh-obligated to return when they take.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
You dont udnerstand, Angar is the kind of guy who does this just to be a showoff. He upload videos with his feats just to boost his ego. He is like "Look what i just created, do you want it? Nope, do it by yourself lololololol"

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
LMAO the swedish players who nobody ever saw that could do teleporting upsmashes, i forgot about that fraud

ant-d

Smash Lord
Lol. Thanks for sharing.
Hi.
I am not at the stage where I can create professional level mods.
My hacky (read: terrible) mod is only stable when playing the game frame by frame. It will crash on different action states otherwise.

Also, I use my own program to make modifications to this game. I don't know how it is done traditionally, and I don't have much interest in learning that method.

I would only release something that I felt is relatively stable, accurate, and of good quality. So, I have nothing to share.

Unless you have a specific question, I can try to answer it. Otherwise you may want to take Internet Explorer's advice. He understands this game far better than I do :)

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
ok i just thought about ti and actually it doesnt make any sense

i must be really wrong, but as far i can remember, if u tas a video frame by frame and then want to record it, you just "replay" it when its finished, so what difference does it make when it comes to non-tas playing with this code?

hectohertz

Smash Ace
what he's saying is, if you are not careful, you can easily crash the game by transitioning into an action state that should be forbidden.

this isn't a problem when you TAS things, as you can make sure that you are only cancelling into moves that won't crash the game

that being said, i'd love to have the code to play around with :D

Top Bottom