• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UFGC Presents Dustbowl 7! Now with Injustice! - June 8th, 2013 - Syracuse, NY

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
https://www.facebook.com/DustbowlTournamentSeries?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/events/445303625549718/447669318646482/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...umvc3-ae2013-injustice-ttt2-sfxt-smash#latest

Its about that time again yall!!

Time for another edition of Upstate New York's biggest and longest running event series. The Dustbowl!

After the last event, we've really got our bearings down and we have everything we need to make the next event bigger and better than before! In addition to the standard Melee and Brawl Singles events, along with Marvel, AE2012, Tekken Tag 2 and SF x T, we will also be adding a tournament for the brand new release, Injustice: Gods Among Us

Once again Beta and Erk will be my assistant TOs for the Smash side of things, along with Damus and his team taking care of the Traditional fighter events.

And once again we will be having the fantastic Bifuteki on hand to stream the event.

Who will be left standing...

Price:
Venue Fee: $10
Tournament Fee: $10 per game you enter.

Brawl Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Meta Knight is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 150%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Instances of stalling will be judged at a TOs (that means me) discretion. I suggest that you not test me on this issue, because I do intentionally look for chances to DQ people on this. It makes me happy to do it. Punishments will range from a warning to a stock loss to a set loss.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with a player initiating a suicide move (like kirbys swallowcide), the player who initiate the move will receive the win for that game.

Stage list:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Melee Rules
4 Stocks
7 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Meta Knight is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 150%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Instances of stalling will be judged at a TOs (that means me) discretion. I suggest that you not test me on this issue, because I do intentionally look for chances to DQ people on this. It makes me happy to do it. Punishments will range from a warning to a stock loss to a set loss.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with a player initiating a suicide move (like kirbys swallowcide), the player who initiate the move will receive the win for that game.

Stage List:
Final Destination
Little Battlefield (Yoshi's Island)
Medium Battlefield (Battlefield)
Big Battlefield (Dreamland)
Moving Battlefield (Fountain of Dreams)
Pokemon Stadium*

*PS will not be used for the first stage striking.

Set Procedure

1. [1]Player Ports is determined if it can not be agreed on.
    [2] Each Player selects their character. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
    [3] The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Full Legal Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-1-1-1... (Player 1 strikes a stage, followed by Player 2 striking a stage, and so on until one stage is left to play game one on).
    [4] The first match is played.
    [5] The Player that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
    [6] The Player that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Full Legal Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Player may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Player that has already won on that Stage in this set.
    [7] The Player that won the previous match chooses a character.
    [8] The Player that lost the previous match chooses a character
    [9] The next match is played.
    [10] Repeat steps 5-9 for all proceeding matches. 2 out of 3 games for all sets, except winners, losers and grand finals, which will be 3 games out of 5.

Conduct Rules

BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
In the case of a match being paused (except in the case of confirmed death), the offending party is at the mercy of his opponent, punishment for pausing is a stock loss for a first offense and a automatic game loss for a second offense. The opponent, may choose to make no action, and 'let it rock' and continue the match without penalizing the pauser.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Regarding textures and other game hacks:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
Stage, Character color, and Music hacks to the game as well as other cosmetic and non-intrusive hacks (infinite replays, no tripping) are allowed and encouraged, however they must be accepted by both players prior to the start of the match. A player may request any of these to be turned off and it will be honored.
Disrupting your opponent physically will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

Breaking of the rules is punishable by my discretion, my word or the word of my TOs is final.

damus

Smash Rookie
Hey guys .. my name is damus and I'm the creator of UFGC.. and I just wanna say its an honor to have the smash scene at Dustbowls.. u guys are a blast and big UPS to Goggles for talking me into having u guys

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I need you guys to RSVP so I can know how many people are coming.

BRING SET UPS PLEASE

For this and for the Rochester fighting game tournament series, I personally bought a bunch of spliters and extension cords to make sure we dont have any complications.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont know how many more Smash tournaments I'm willing to run during these dustbowls if nobody is tryna show up...

Im happy tyrant is coming though.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Will be coming, can bring my Wii. What about TVs do you need those?

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I'll try and make this.

Do you know what time melee would be starting? Or an estimate?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I also just want to let everyone know that there are some big changes going down regarding the Dustbowl tournament series.

After this next event, we will be making a shift from a once every 3-4 months event that brings our region together, to more of a 1-2 times a year event that will be attempting to greatly increase in size, and include other neighboring regions. So Im going to need to know by your attendance, if I should speak to Damus regarding Smash's continued inclusion in his series. people need to come out (and bring set ups!) if they wish for these events to continue.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get the apartment and george to come for melee. We'll see.
Beta and erk - you guys going to be there?

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Did someone say Brawl Minus????????????????

Not sure if I'm attending yet. I plan on it though. If I do, at the least, I'll bring a TV and a copy of Brawl, I'll probably bring my wii too, barring any tragic accidents (like my last one). I'll see about getting 1337-0 and crew to come too.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get the apartment and george to come for melee. We'll see.
Beta and erk - you guys going to be there?
thought you was "retired" good to see your coming. Convince apartment/flaw/others guys to come aswell! This might be our last tourny for a little bit so I want errbody there.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I'm bringing lefty too.

Who else outside of Rochester will be there for melee other than erk and beta?
Any chance of Mana showing up?

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
anyone?8910

PS. Rochester might be coming with multiple cars. Hopefully
DBLPS. Goggles I wanna play some friendlies, it's been like 2 years lol

M.I.K

Smash Rookie
im pretty sure im coming. ill bring a gamecube or wii setup

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Well, mine and No Skillz's rides fell through, so we'll be missing this one unfortunately.

I'll still record and upload matches though, so remember to save those Brawl replays!

Top Bottom