• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Berkeley

pmak187

Smash Cadet
Hello, I got accepted to UC Berkeley and plan on going next year. ANy smashers who attend UCB or planning to attend it?

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
UCB for the win! Go Bears...I guess. Anyway, I got accepted and am most likely going to attend, so that's one more smasher at UCB. Woot Woot

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Scamp does not attend UC Berkeley.

Unless by "attend" you mean "goes to" as in "physically travels to the campus occasionally" then Scamp does attend.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Soooooooo...

What days are the biweekly at smash bears? I keep asking the members but being as talkative and social as they are, no one responds. Fear maybe?

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
lolz, super smash bears ftw!

check out smash.berkeley.edu

The biweeklies (for now) only happen during the regular school year (students only plz) - we'll post on the website and the facebook group when they are.

edit: congrats on getting in; go bears!

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Hey Jayferd, where are you in Berkeley? I recently added you to my AIM off of the GSC but haven't tried talking to you yet.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
I'm not in Berkeley right now, unfortunately - I'm home in Sacramento for the summer. But the GSC has my Berkeley address, so you should be able to find me. I live in a sort of Cal Band-frat-like situation. I'm not online much, but I'll try to remember to log on when I get back, or you could send me an email - jayferd@berkeley.edu - I'd love to have someone new over to smash!

Snap

Smash Ace
Soooooooo...

What days are the biweekly at smash bears? I keep asking the members but being as talkative and social as they are, no one responds. Fear maybe?
you should contact us in more direct ways

there is no problem with how talkative and social we are.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice
It's a good thing you asked since the UCB smashers are pretty well hidden.
hmm... We kinda try to stay discreet on SWF, since our biweekly smashfests are technically students-only, but we do advertise on campus whenever we have a "Smashturbation" (the one tournament we've had).

I'm actually in charge of the email list, so if you pm me your emails, I can add you to the list. The whole club is inactive right now, seeing as it's summer, but come late August we should have some events under way. I can answer specific questions by email or pm, or you can email smashbears@gmail.com to get Jamie ("meh." on the boards), our fearless leader.

hugQ Cortex

Master
hmm... We kinda try to stay discreet on SWF, since our biweekly smashfests are technically students-only, but we do advertise on campus whenever we have a "Smashturbation" (the one tournament we've had).

I'm actually in charge of the email list, so if you pm me your emails, I can add you to the list. The whole club is inactive right now, seeing as it's summer, but come late August we should have some events under way. I can answer specific questions by email or pm, or you can email smashbears@gmail.com to get Jamie ("meh." on the boards), our fearless leader.
Uhm, the smashfests are open for anyone. And we don't try to stay discreet.

BlueBossa

Smash Rookie
edit: Sorry, this is Jayferd on a friend's profile...

Uhm, the smashfests are open for anyone. And we don't try to stay discreet.
Uhm, thank you Hugo, that would have been very helpful, except for the fact that it's not true. The smashfests are open to Berkeley students, Berkeley locals, and special invitees. We don't want the club to get really big, for the sake of those of us who actually run things. Thanks.

Either way, the club is inactive right now until further notice - find the facebook group "Super Smash Bears" or go to smash.berkeley.edu for future updates.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think Santa Cruz downtown has a greater hippie/bum density per unit area than Telegraph or anywhere in SF.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
agreed. i do believe that we do not reply on facebook because we are social.
What is more direct than a private message from smashboards or facebook? Should I pull some stalker tricks and show up at your door? Backflip off a helicopter, l-cancel to a high five and introduce myself while you're out with your friends? Just jking, though I wish I could l-cancel in real life. Or smash for that matter...

HugQ got a hold of me and Radical Dreamer has been kicking my *** the last few days. I'm glad you guys are around, I'd be bored if not.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
What is more direct than a private message from smashboards or facebook? Should I pull some stalker tricks and show up at your door? Backflip off a helicopter, l-cancel to a high five and introduce myself while you're out with your friends? Just jking, though I wish I could l-cancel in real life. Or smash for that matter...

HugQ got a hold of me and Radical Dreamer has been kicking my *** the last few days. I'm glad you guys are around, I'd be bored if not.
I think you got the wrong guy, because I know I haven't been kicking ANYONE's *** lately. I'm also in San Diego for the summer, but we'll probably end up smashing during the school year.

Jayferd

Smash Apprentice

Cool. I'm glad you guys met up - HUGQ kicks my *** too. :D I look forward to meeting all you guys in the fall!

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Hey, just curious, where is everyone living next year? I'm living in Cloooyne which will hopefully be really tight. It would be really convenient if some other Smashers are living in Cloyne but I understand it attracts more stoners and hippies than gamers.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
HUGQ and Radical, could you read my thread so I have someone to fight when I come up to Berkeley (that is, if you guys are available...)

Top Bottom