• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tsuyondere's Tormenting Tournament Trial - Columbus, OH (2/28/2015)

Suyon

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Doubles Results (11 Teams $20 per team)
1 Suyon + Fizzle ($132)
2 Katakiri + JT5565 ($66)
3 ithrowthings + Zareidriel ($22)
4 Enemy + Shadow the Past
5 Mattatari + Quentendo
5 Capsurd + LeetheRock
7 TheKiest + Nicolobe
7 Flippant + Karinole
9 Lightfizz + K_1
9 People590 + Buckeyerar
9 Kiri + Masmada)

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles Results (43 Entrants $10)
TTTT Smash Wii U Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
JT5565
$144.00
2nd
Suyon
$72.00
3rd
Fizzle
$24.00
4th
Shadow the Past
5th
ithrowthings
5th
Katakari
7th
Mill House
7th
King
9th
Jerriahs
9th
Avion
9th
Solecalibur
9th
at
13th
T-Flex
13th
Bug Catcher Will
13th
Kiri
13th
Karinole
17th
Quentendo
17th
Nicalobe
17th
Mattatari
17th
Improv
17th
2DGabe
17th
Dan
17th
Lee the Rock
17th
Zareidriel

Full Singles results

1 JT5565 ($236.50)
2 Suyon ($129)
3 Fizzle ($43)
4 Shadow the Past ($21.50)
5 iThrothings
5 Katakiri
7 Mill House
7 King
9 Avion
9 Jerriahs
9 at
9 Solecalibur
13 Kiri
13 Karinole
13 T-Flex
13 Bug Catcher Will
17 Improv
17 2DGabe
17 Dan
17 Mattari
17 Lee the Rock
17 Zareidriel
17 Nicalobe
17 Quentendo
Pool cut offs
25 Enemy
25 Flippant
25 Mmeaninglessname
25 Grievous Ghost
25 Zeke
25 REB
25 B1G
25 Capsurd
33 Luis
33 Masmada
33 buckeyerar
33 Gipe
33 Durzo
33 @Home
33 lightfizz
33 Chris Fields
41 loaf
41 TheKiest
41 snax?

Amiibo 1v1 Round Robin Results
1 Deltachu ($6)
2 Masmada's Bowser
3 Katakiri's Meta Knight
4 Nicolobe's Yoshi
5 Flippant's Mario (DQ, noshow)
5 Chris's Megaman (DQ, no show)

Deltachu rekt everyone. Parents need to start disciplining their children again. Best part, Deltachu's owner wasn't even here. Delta Fist told me to enter for him and just wow.

Parent and Son did not happen (2 entrants, not enough)
4v4 did not happen (running late and people had to go, snowing)

Capture the Flag Results ($3 per team)
1 Zareidriel, ithrowthings, King~
2 Solecalibur, CPU9, T-Flex
3/4 Greenup Crew
3/4 Improv, BugCatcherWill, mmeaninglessnamee

Not sure what payouts were since ithrowthings handled that.

A Project M setup for HankyPanky to just whoop on everyone.

Videos will be uploaded by Solecalibur. http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://Youtube.com/solecalibur2&h=kAQGXycCI&enc=AZPHlyzS88C7sJZskOr0-_KPwi1Bcc-0P8gDp6hlKae--s3LNYVa-yICVxe03mDE62txYrGy3AO4EnKuUEHqHMVpBGWlLs-jbK3nTj3NhvEWTtZADnvPYh6mQscZ0mNxNqKfUys-5VjI88HpgfHUy10_&s=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNPeiUxhs8&list=PLbyInPsI6Tl0b9F97EVvASzXjPdGGHqPy

Thanks for coming guys! More than I could hope for for my first tournament as TO. I want to thank @ solecalibur solecalibur , @ ithrowthings ithrowthings , and @ King~ King~ for helping me run this tournament. Thank you @TheKiest for giving me guidance/tips on how to run tournaments. Without these help I'm sure the tournament would have ran behind. Thank you to @Esports Initiative for the help with the equipment.

Sorry for 4v4 not happening. Really sorry. I know that some members from Greenup crew came just for 4v4 and I'm sorry that did not happen. I realize that as a TO who gets farther and farther in bracket it just makes it harder to run other events now. So, I will have to manage my time more efficiently if I ever want 4v4 to happen. There were two teams that dropped out since they were from Kentucky and there was an emergency with another team. I hope that got resolved and things went well. With that Mattatari I owe you $5 for Missatari since she didn't play in anything.

If you guys can give me any type of feedback I would appreciate it. Be very critique and harsh about things I can improve on or else I won't learn. Don't be too harsh or my spirit may die.

I'm probably going to buy another HDMI splitter for 4v4.

For setups, I cannot stress enough that I need setups for these tournaments. I had more monitors provided by ESI than people bringing Wii U's. This will not do. If the size of the event gets larger then I will definitely need more setups. Remember without your help these tournaments cannot be run efficiently.

My next tournament will be on March 28th. So I will be using the same thread again so check out what's going on there. I will also be making a Facebook page later in the week. I have midterms to study for so please be on the lookout for that.

Tournament thread http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...enting-tournament-trial-columbus-ohio.389550/

If you are a local player wanting to get involved in the Columbus, OH Smash community, be sure to check these out!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/302630169803625/ (Project M)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbussmash4/ (Smash for 3DS & Wii U)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/133757653398073/ (Melee)

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Sorry for 4v4 not happening. Really sorry. I know that some members from Greenup crew came just for 4v4 and I'm sorry that did not happen. I realize that as a TO who gets farther and farther in bracket it just makes it harder to run other events now. So, I will have to manage my time more efficiently if I ever want 4v4 to happen. There were two teams that dropped out since they were from Kentucky and there was an emergency with another team.
Don't worry, nobody in my carpool was really bummed about that lol. They still had fun in CTF.

Super quick shoutouts

JT - GGs in bracket. Bummed I couldn't clutch it out game 3. I definitely need to learn how to fight Falcon properly, this lack of MU knowledge is not doing me any favors lol.
Suyon - Thanks for hosting. Let's talk anime sometime lol.
Fizzle - GGs in bracket. You pretty handily changed my opinion on the Ness MU lol. You have a very tricky playstyle, you're always mixing it up and I can never figure out the best way to punish what you do. That and your airdodges are literally perfect lol.
ITT - GGs in bracket. Sorry for having to be the second Diddy you had to play lol.
Mill House - GGs in bracket. Like I said to you in person, work on your roll habits. Rolling limits your mobility and makes it easier to punish you if I expect it. Try practicing by limiting the number of times you roll per match. If you can work on that, I think you can easily get top 5 at tournaments like these.
Enemy - Hey, we were one place away from the money in doubles, even though we would've only profited like a dollar lol.
T-Flex - Ggs in friendlies. Pick a main man! Spend more time learning one or two characters rather than those weird movement tricks you were practicing :p

Last edited:

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Suyon for hosting this, I had a great time. Shoutouts to everyone I played against - I didn't have a single bad experience. GGs to Katakiri (very close set, well played!) and ITT (I have no idea what I'm doing against Sonic haha, would love to play you again in the future).

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Great tourney. Shoutouts to Avion with that relentless Shiek bodying me in pools. GG King with that unbelievable comeback on me in bracket and to ithrowthings cause I still wanna stab sonic with a knife.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Shoutouts to my Pikachu for winning that amiibo tournament. Sorry I couldn't make it out but I'll be sure to try to come next time anything like this happens again. Salty that I couldn't make it out and run into my fellow robin main @ Zareidriel Zareidriel .

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
@ Célja Célja I'm sure we'll meet up sooner or later! I look forward to clashing Tactics with you. :colorful:

I had a lot of fun at the tournament. Shame that I did so terribly in singles. I'll make sure to train hard in ladders over the month and come back aiming for the top. Shoutouts to:

@ Suyon Suyon for running a great tournament. Things went pretty smoothly, even if we never got to 4v4s. We'll have to discuss Touhous if there's downtime (how is it that I can beat Yukari but not Flandre?)
@ Fizzle_Boy Fizzle_Boy great to meetcha, you're a swell chap. Me and ITT will getcha next time in 2v2s though. ;]
@ Katakiri Katakiri Finally got to fight a Metaknight player. I still have no idea how to fight Metaknight. Was mostly dazed and confused the whole time. Hopefully I can find some online.

And shoutouts to everyone else to being awesome. Seeya next time! :skull:

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
I'm really not happy with where I placed. I've been going to tournaments for almost 2 years now and I still get jitters just about every match. I feel like I lost to people I know I could have beaten if I had just kept my cool. Mentally it was not my day. Anyway, fun tourney. Will try to make it out to the next one. And yes, I took games off people in pools and bracket with all the characters I listed.
Will do shoutouts later.
Shout outs:
The Keist:4marth:GGs in pools man. I felt really good about my charizard. You should've gone off stage more especially when I went ganon. I know edge guarding is a bit of a joke in smash 4, but you pretty much let me recover for free every time. Take advantage of marth's range and go deep.
ITT:4sonic:GGs man, you straight up bodied everyone in our pool. I still need to learn the sonic matchup, or rather how to play against your sonic. You're not like those for glory scrubs that spam spindash that's for sure. I felt like I was slowly catching on to your shenanigans.
Quentendo:4mario: I had you in pools man. I can't remember who took game 1, but game 3 is when I started to get super salty. I noticed you rolling alot and pretty much let you get away with it. My punish game was not on point there. After losing to you, I got pretty mad at myself which I honestly think helped me a bit later. GGs.
Zareidriel:4robinm:GGs in bracket. I knew I should've stuck with mario, but I switched just for the sake of playing other characters lol. I play alot of characters and I always try to keep things interesting. It really hit me hard when you told me my mario gave you the most problems. Anti shout outs to lylat for the SD's and delfino for my other SD.
Mattatari:4sonic:GGs in bracket man. I nearly had you with my charizard game 1. This was the point that I started getting really nervous. Sorry I had to go falcon against you, but he's my last resort. You almost out-clutched me game 3. I just went for a YOLO raptor boost and it surprisingly won me the set lol. Don't feel too bad about the loss.
Jerriahs:4ness: This was what really pissed me off. I felt like I was letting you get away with everything. I picked up on your roll habits but didn't punish them accordingly and I let pk fire spam get me flustered. Don't get me wrong, you deserved the win regardless, but I don't think I was at my best at the time. I let the nerves get the best of me. Sorry I kind of **** talked you in friendlies. Didn't recognize you with the hat on. GGs. I'll get you next time.
Katakari:4metaknight: Y U NO TEAM WIT ME?!! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) /s
I'm glad I didn't have to play you this time.
JT:4falcon::4sonic: I still want that falcon ditto money match.
Lvl9CPU:4jigglypuff:Fun friendlies and nice talking to you man. You should actually enter singles next time.
Shadow the past:4diddy::4rob: Fun friendlies. I call myself a falcon main because I mained him in brawl and he's probably my favorite character, but did you see how many falcon players there were? Everyone and their mom plays falcon now and playing him doesn't feel as special to me anymore. I like having alot of characters under my belt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom