• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSM Leffen: The Journey of Smash's Villain

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
There is a lot of talk on what constitutes as a "God of Melee". Many consider Mew2King, PPMD, Armada, Mang0, and Hungrybox to be "the five Gods" however one player has come along that has been changing people's minds: TSM | Leffen. Many have also characterized Leffen as "the villain of Smash". How did he gain this notoriety? Why is he being considered to be in the top 6 Melee players? This video made by PZJedits shows some of the highlights that brought Leffen to where he is today.

SmashCapps hopes people found the video interesting! To keep up with Leffen follow him on Twitter. Follow SmashCapps on Twitter as well to keep up on all things Smash.

CrabLeg

Brown Boy Wonder
NNID
Maheen76220
3DS FC
4854-6626-0552
Leffen is the equivalent of the Fire Nation from Avatar the Last Airbender.

Last edited:

Chef Besh

Smash Rookie
Love him or hate him, he has caused a lot of hype in recent time, whether it be from him getting bodied or taking games off the Gods. Got to respect someone who can take all that hate while still playing at a level above most other players.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Leffen. He's just a jerk sometimes. I know he attributed it to severe depression or something like that, but I can't seem get around it.

That said, he still probably deserves the title of a Smash God, or he will soon, at least. Attitude has nothing to do with how good you are at Smash, and, as much as I hate to say it, he's really good.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Although people may or may not like him, everyone can agree that he's necessary for the scene. It makes the Smash scene more alive with rivalries which is one of the bigger impetus in video games.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I love Leffen. Seeing him in tourney draws hype and views because people want to see him lose. When he wins, the people's salt is just overflowing. It kind of reminds me of someone prominent in the Smash 4 community *coughZeRocough*.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Even if he is cocky, we must admit that Leffen does deserves Top-6! I would say that Melee tournaments would not be the same if there wasn't a "villain".

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Leffen is one of the most overrated players in my opinion. Everyone (myself included) started to call him "The 6th God" after his great performance in Apex and Beast V but recent results have proven that he is in no way in the levels of Armada or Mang0 (he has only defeated one "God" and by far the weakest one atm and has been dominated my Armada's Fox since he picked him up). Every time he loses he tweets a lame excuse and starts to cry about E-Sports' pressure something that not even top 25 players do.

While he might indeed "generate hype", respect for your opponents and brother games (especially Smash 4) is far more important as a player and a person.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I actually really like this guy and really love seeing him win. Especially when it makes everyone so salty. He's a breath of fresh air for someone like me who is kinda tired of everyone trying to act all humble and modest. Give me a guy who is really good, knows it and has no problem showing and telling it any day. Say what you will, but even when he does lose, it's still fun to see him show up again and make up for it. Besides, you're not brash if you can back it up.

This guy is like a real life Gary Oak, I swear. Except more likable. ¦D

I mean, sure, the "Five Gods" are okay, but I wanna PARTY with this guy! XD

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Leffen is really a good Smasher, but after do some Google searches about him. He does has some issues before.
I admire him as a Smasher, but as a guy online...nah.

Last edited:

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
Leffen is one of the most overrated players in my opinion. Everyone (myself included) started to call him "The 6th God" after his great performance in Apex and Beast V but recent results have proven that he is in no way in the levels of Armada or Mang0 (he has only defeated one "God" and by far the weakest one atm and has been dominated my Armada's Fox since he picked him up). Every time he loses he tweets a lame excuse and starts to cry about E-Sports' pressure something that not even top 25 players do.

While he might indeed "generate hype", respect for your opponents and brother games (especially Smash 4) is far more important as a player and a person.
leffen is overrated
he has defeateed all the gods
m2k does that too

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Without reading a comment or watching this video, I find it absolutely insulting that Ken is not considered a, "God of Smash."

Something needs to change.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle

The hype he brings being a villain of sorts is good, but he doesn't temper it with friendship or kindness especially as exhibited in the not too distant past, and that ultimately is his downfall. Then again Society today, never mind the smash community, have these winner take all notion of competition itself and that's what hurts these players deep down, not just leffen. He and the other gods and most "competitive" smashers that take it too seriously (not taking it seriously does not mean not trying to be the best) will not appreciate the community itself and will glorify their own efforts rather than that of the community's. We need to be Wilt Chamberlain and not Michael Jordan. We need pros to be like the pro smash 4 player blacktwins, not like certain others who not only want to either give the glory to one or two people or take it all for themselves.
Tldr our notions of competition are all wrong and everyone should go read some Plato

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Without reading a comment or watching this video, I find it absolutely insulting that Ken is not considered a, "God of Smash."

Something needs to change.
No human is a god, though some skill is innate it is always a product of how they trained and who they trained with, and how long they trained (trained=played). But I agree that the fact that someone who pretty much made the smash community from his great play is not given accolades is definitely insulting.

L1GHT

Adventures start At Dawn
Leffen is the equivalent of the Fire Nation from Avatar the Last Airbender.
hes like zuko! banned from his home and forced to fight the gods in america to regain his honor! but we misunderstand him for what he lives for and hes actually just hasnt found his way

L1GHT

Adventures start At Dawn
Its good theres someone like leffen now because the gods were getting a bit old and its nice to see anyone can become great.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Its good theres someone like leffen now because the gods were getting a bit old and its nice to see anyone can become great.
I'm not sure of the latter half of what you're saying. By calling them gods we still imply that they are such because others cannot reach their level.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
List of things to do if I Git Gud @ Smash:

- Get *******, Brazzers, or Paheal to sponsor me.
- 1-Up Leffen at this whole villain thing by dressing up as a crazy super villain, always acting like a wacky cartoon villain, and having "Dr." in my stage name (or whatever the hip kids call the fake names players use).

Top Bottom