• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Tech Of The Week: Slow Run

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

One Smash in partnership Tourney Locator have worked together to produce a new series: Tech of the Week! This week marks the sixth video of the series with quite the... "dramatic" ending. Tech #45: Slow Run

Even though this is the sixth video of the series it is titled tech number 45. This is because all of the techs to be shared are a part of the One Smash Tech Tree. This makes each video feed of the others, showing how each tech works together to form a complete game. The other videos in the series include Ledge Denials, Hip Check, Prattacks, Fast Fall Break, and Snap Back so be sure to check these out to get the full idea of the One Smash Tech Tree.

SmashCapps hopes that people can use this to increase their movement options in game. To keep up with him and all things Smash, follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Maybe I missed something, but how exactly do you do the perfect stop?

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I didn't even know you could control the speed of a dash. The fact that it has less skid frames is just icing on the cake. I never actually dared to use tilts out of a dash because of those skid frames, but now I will.

The sucky part is though, it makes slow characters even slower.

And I play Doc and Falco.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Wow this help alot, wait it didn't cause im on 3ds TEEHEE
This isn't helpful at all like anyone is gonna use it at high lvl play. This is For Glory tech

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Wow this help alot, wait it didn't cause im on 3ds TEEHEE
This isn't helpful at all like anyone is gonna use it at high lvl play. This is For Glory tech
Yes, because this totally doesn't benefit Luigi mains with his piss poor traction.

Oh wait it does.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe I missed something, but how exactly do you do the perfect stop?
Good question. You keep easing up on the analog controls so that your character goes from full run, to slow run, to walk, to standing within a few frames.

It's easiest to do this by rocking up on the control stick (assuming you do not have tap jump on)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Slow Run has been around since Brawl actually (ever seen those online players running on the ledge and never falling off? Remember how much it frustrated you because you couldn't do it? :p ), it's a really fun tech and it's nice to know it has a more practical application too. ^_^

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I might practice this, though I think luigi running into a sheild leaves you with less frames and leaves you safer anyways

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Good question. You keep easing up on the analog controls so that your character goes from full run, to slow run, to walk, to standing within a few frames.

It's easiest to do this by rocking up on the control stick (assuming you do not have tap jump on)
You can also roll the stick to down into dtilt (a great option for lots of characters).

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Hmm... I had some idea run speed could be affected, but never thought much of it since it seemed aesthetic.

but if what this video demonstrates is as handy as it claims, this sort of flexibility could provide a bit more than just catching an opponent off guard... it could provide some interesting tech chase options for anyone willing to apply it.

however, despite this brainstorm, I'm not entirely sold on such a thing. perhaps you guys could delve further and see how it could be utilized in an actual match... assuming you'd be interested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom