• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Moves Project M Content To New Stream

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
Today, it was announced that the major Super Smash Bros. streamer, Tourney Locator is no longer streaming Project M. They have announced that they will be shifting all of their Project M streams to a new channel called “Project M Central”, where they hope to centralize efforts to put out Project M content on a regular basis.

Tourney Locator is not the only organization to have dropped support for the ever-popular mod recently. Premiere Smash stream VGBootCamp controversially stopped streaming Project M about two months ago, and a plethora of major tournament series including APEX dropped support for Project M as well. This announcement comes as a relative surprise, seeing as Tourney Locator recently streamed a Project M major called “Aftershock” less than two weeks prior to this announcement, garnering thousands of viewers.

Project M Central hopes to serve as a hub for high-quality Project M content, including the Infinity and Beyond Project M local that was previously streamed by Tourney Locator. They have also said that they plan on hosting any major Project M events on their channel by hosting other Project M streams. Currently, it is not clear if the Infinity and Beyond locals will be streamed by the same people who streamed the tournaments on Tourney Locator. The first Infinity and Beyond to be streamed on Project M Central will take place tonight at 9 PM EST.

Follow Project M Central on Twitch at twitch.tv/projectmcentral!

KhanYe is optimistic. Follow him on Twitter @aymangolassi to chitchat!

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
I really don't get why they have to move the PM content to a different channel. Don't they just make it more complicated for themselves to have multiple channels? Also, Aftershock should have been a good reminder of how many viewers PM gets, so it doesn't make any sense to just move their PM content over to somewhere else.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh good! A channel just for Project M! PM is a big labor of love with obviously a lot of effort and great results, but it should be understood that because it is a mod...there can be lots of muddy legal issues. A channel just for PM sounds like a great idea and I'm hopeful to see more hype.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Don't scare us like that with such a sensational title. D=

Pancake Jake

Smash Rookie
i can see what TL and Vgbc think they are avoiding but i don think nintendo will ever shut down pm or the people who stream it.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
I'll be tuning in tonight, I hope the quality is comparable to the main TLoc channel.

I'm seriously considering dropping my TLoc subscription though and just find a way to donate directly to them.

Don't want to support Twitch for this **** they're pulling on PM Streamers.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
*reads the title* WHAT NO WHY I WANT TO SEE PM DON'T DO THIS
*reads article* I acutally like where they are going with this, that scared me for a minute!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Overly sensational title is overly sensational. But I suppose "Tourney Locator making centralized channel for Project M content" doesn't have as much zing or something.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
i hope they know that april fools is over, that title scared me

Lizalfos

Smash Master
This is still a overall bad thing IMO, as there are zero confirmed collaborating streams and we don't know why they are doing this (were they pressed into cutting one of their largest sources of views from their stream?).
@ KhanYe KhanYe can you try to interview Tloc on their reasoning and the benefits of this, because I only see negative effects and it sure is fishy.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
This is still a overall bad thing IMO, as there are zero confirmed collaborating streams and we don't know why they are doing this (were they pressed into cutting one of their largest sources of views from their stream?).
@ KhanYe KhanYe can you try to interview Tloc on their reasoning and the benefits of this, because I only see negative effects and it sure is fishy.
I second this, I really don't see any sort of benefits, so an interview would be a good idea.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
That title is so misleading. They aren't going to stop streaming PM, they're just going to move it to a new channel dedicated solely to PM.

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
Competitive smash will die in the next 5 years, unless by some miraculous chance something will save it, melee is only so deep, and smash 4's problem isn't that it's unbalanced or slow, it's that smash 4 is about as deep as a paddling pool, it's players keep crying for patches and can't even decide on a consistent rule-set. With project M seemingly on death row due to Nintendo killing it off, I seriously fear for the future of smash...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Competitive smash will die in the next 5 years, unless by some miraculous chance something will save it, melee is only so deep, and smash 4's problem isn't that it's unbalanced or slow, it's that smash 4 is about as deep as a paddling pool, it's players keep crying for patches and can't even decide on a consistent rule-set. With project M seemingly on death row due to Nintendo killing it off, I seriously fear for the future of smash...
What does this have to do with anything the article is about?

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
What does this have to do with anything the article is about?
I dunno, It's Project M doesn't seem to be doing to well as of late, I just thought I might share something that's been brewing for a while, that's all. No harm in that right?

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
I'll see what I can do.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
At least the click-bait tactic is proving effective. :smirk:

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about the progress of vbootcamp's reuploading their old pm vids, but maybe they could put them on tloc's pm site?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I dunno, It's Project M doesn't seem to be doing to well as of late, I just thought I might share something that's been brewing for a while, that's all. No harm in that right?
There is of it really isn't related to the article.

Article about a new stream just for project M.

Talks about how smash 4 sucks and smash will die.

I don't see the connection and see it as more harm than good in this case.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209

Don't fall for the bait. I have the feeling the trollbait will only turn this into a debate, or at least attempt to.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

This is a negative thing for PM.
He is putting all his stock for Smash's competitive future in PM, therefore if PM keeps getting held down it will destroy comp Smash's future.
Ryu pls.
Don't fall for the bait. I have the feeling the trollbait will only turn this into a debate, or at least attempt to.
Classic mod baits into instant ban punish.
PMDT remove jank pls.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This is a negative thing for PM.
He is putting all his stock for Smash's competitive future in PM, therefore if PM keeps getting held down it will destroy comp Smash's future.
Ryu pls.
It would be worse for PM but not so much for the others, if this even is a bad thing.

But still I confused what the main issue is, it seems like he is just moving his content to a PM only channel unless there is something I missed.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It would be worse for PM but not so much for the others, if this even is a bad thing.

But still I confused what the main issue is, it seems like he is just moving his content to a PM only channel unless there is something I missed.
Smash is in the spotlight now but I don't think we are guaranteed more than 5 yrs more in the limelight. I can see where he is coming from.

Moving PM off Tloc is the bad thing. It would be like if Smashboards said they were moving PM forums to PMboards in order to "centralize" content (isolate from exposure).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Smash is in the spotlight now but I don't think we are guaranteed more than 5 yrs more in the limelight. I can see where he is coming from.

Moving PM off Tloc is the bad thing. It would be like if Smashboards said they were moving PM forums to PMboards in order to "centralize" content (isolate from exposure).
Do we know for sure why they are doing this? And if it will be a bad decision?

Because I have no stance either way and don't want to jump to a conclusion.

Top Bottom