• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Recap - I'm Not Yelling

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
With 371 entrants, 50 teams, and names like Mango, Armada, Leffen, Westballz, Fly Amanita, PewPewU and more, I'm Not Yelling was one of the most exciting tournaments to watch this weekend. For those who somehow missed this most exciting of Norcal regionals, here is a recap of the event.

The Melee Games

One exciting event that took place at INY was the California Melee Games Finals. For those who don't know, The Melee Games is an intercollegiate Melee circuit featuring over 100 teams from New England, the Tri-State area, the Mid Atlantic, California, and Ontario universities. This match had an epic crew battle between the University of California Berkeley and the University of California Santa Cruise. After the final game came down to 3 stocks for UCB with Nimzo's Falco vs Dikboi94's Fox from USCS, Nimzo managed to clutch out the victory. The match is available to watch on Youtube here. This victory secured them the invitation to The Melee Games Finals, which is currently in its last days of fundraising to help fly the West Coast players out to the East Coast finals.

One of the interesting features at INY was a round robin teams exhibition featuring some of the best players at the event. The catch? Players got to tune in to Get Smashed at the Foundry to vote on which pairings would be used for the exhibition. In the end group four was chosen to duke it out by the fans. PewPewU and Armada won every match they faces off in, with the other teams all securing one win and two losses to tie for last place. The matches are up for viewing on Youtube.
Outside of the exhibition matches the Melee Doubles tournament at INY was incredibly exciting as well with many excellent teams coming to compete. The grand finals were by far one of the greatest highlights of the entire tournament with MacD and Leffen against Shroomed and Armada, the team they originally sent to loser's bracket and who had to take out Mang0 with Lucky and SFAT with PewPewU to come back for the rematch managing to reset the bracket. After MacD pulled out a clutch 1v2 win at over 130% in game two of the bracket reset, they were able to ride out the momentum securing victory for MacD and Leffen.

The singles bracket was also filled with many exciting moments with Bizzaro Flame even taking a game off of Armada. There were some interesting upsets as well that neither the public nor MeleeItOnMe's TaFoKiNts could predict, with Kira taking down KirbyKaze as well as SFAT, Shroomed, Lucky, and Fly Amanita not making the final bracket. In the end after being previously defeated by Mang0 and managing to rest the bracket, Armada finally dropped the Fox he had used quite a bit in tournament to bring out his Peach to secure the tournament win in a convincing 3-1 set. The top eight were as follows:
1st- Armada
2nd- Mang0
3rd- Leffen
4th- PewPewU
5th - Westballz
5th - Kira
7th- KirbyKaze
7th- MacD
I'm Not Yelling was a roaring success and there were plenty of other exciting matches and highlights as well. To see all of the recorded sets from the tournament be sure to check out ShowDown's Youtube channel.

SmashCapps stayed up past 3AM to watch the entire tournaments and it was 100% worth it! Follow him on Twitter to discuss the next exciting upcoming Smash events.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
First! And I am yelling.

Awesome results.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm Not Yelling is one hell of a tourney name. Props to whoever came up with that

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Just want to say, anyone who watched the stream (which I assumed would be, everyone), That last match tho. When Armada made a comeback from like 100%. I'll give him props for that one!

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I went crazy when Kira 3-0'd KirbyKaze in the Sheik ditto! I'M NOT YELLING was such a great tournament. Mang0 + SilentSpectre in the doubles RR was so much fun to watch!

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
I'd never heard of Dikboi94, and I don't want to judge a dude by his name, but it may be a good time in the near future to evolve his tag PPMD-style. A guy at our school recently changed his tag from MILF to Mom, so that employers who google search him don't judge him for his tag.

NOMLSmashLeague

Smash Cadet
Kira had a hell of a run. Very entertaining stream, kept me up on the east coast until 3AM :p Great peach comeback Armada

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
The only bad thing about the tournament was the name. Pretty sure we were all yelling :p Captain Falcon approves:
tumblr_ng138w8JQz1sfv573o1_250.gif

CLee143

Smash Rookie
A couple of corrections:

Dikboi is from UCSC, not USCS.
Also, Berkeley had to play another crew battle against the winners of the Socal TMG, UC Irvine not 2 hours after their match against Santa Cruz. UCI was heavily favored because they had 4/5 players power ranked in socal (arguably the strongest melee region) on their squad and UCB clutched it out again.

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Did Mango meet Leffen in bracket?

If so, could someone link me and not ruin the results of the match.(ie 3-2, 0-3, 1-3)

I see the results, but I would like to be surprised as of the results of the 3-5 matches.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
The highlight of the whole tournament for me was when Mango dunked Leffen on his last stock and Leffen zoomed in on Mango when he :GCLT::GCRT::GCA::GCStart:

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Was a very interesting final bracket

Mango + SS vs. Shroomada was the highlight for me.

Last edited:

Marshall Rust

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who was cringing at the kid holding that Pikachu to the camera. I wish people would stop doing that type of stuff

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Kira, despite being near the bottom of the SoCal PR, got 5th at the 7th biggest tournament ever. Good ****, Kira.

Pretzl

Smash Rookie
One of the best tournies! I hope PPU gets another chance at Leffen soon!

Top Bottom