• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link and Wario Cause Disc Read Error

1UPTheMushroom

Smash Rookie
Hello, the title says all. I've heard you can send the disc or Wii to Nintendo and they'll fix it for you but I kinda don't have money for that right now. Is there any way I can fix this? What sucks is Toon Link is my main. Thanks.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area D:

Last edited:

1UPTheMushroom

Smash Rookie
Do Toon Link and Wario cause a disk read error in Brawl for you?
Yes, whenever I choose either the game freezes for a couple of seconds and it brings me to the disk read error screen. In Project M I can play Toon Link in training but if I do a normal brawl and Toon Link loads in the victory screen I get a disk read error as well.

Narpas_sword

should be in 'Help' section, just so you know =)

wii disk drives are pretty tinny at best, mine died years ago. You could try modding to use a usb loader

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I agree with Narpas, using a USB Loader + ISO is your best bet, and also comes with other benefits.

1UPTheMushroom

Smash Rookie
Sooo, basically i'm not going to be using the disc right? But will I also get to use Project M still? O:

Last edited:
Top Bottom