• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomodachi Life (3DS) localization announcement in US/EU

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Taking elements from the old Gamecube cancelled game "Stage Debut", along with a mixture of Animal Crossing and The Sims, Tomodachi Life (known as Tomodachi Collection: New Life in Japan) for the 3DS was announced for localization in both Western and European shores on June 6th on 3DS.

For those who don't like reading or want to know more even after reading, a short, ten minute Nintendo Direct was posted up about it to go with its announcement:

The game takes place on Chin Island with the population consisting of Miis. The player can import their Mii or create their own Mii - These Miis can even be given their own voice and their own movement, speech, expressiveness, attitude, and overall personality among other personality traits that are unique to only Tomodachi Life. For extra Miis, importing is avaliable through streetpasses and friends. These Miis can perform various actions similar to The Sims and Animal Crossing - Eating, singing, dressing, and trying to date Bounty Hunters.

What separates Tomodachi Life apart from other simulations is the fact that it's more about the Miis and that their world expands from there on. Many reactions that feel human come with them - From rivalries to friendships and relationships to love triangles.

One other aspect that separates Tomodachi Life from many other Sim Life games before it is it's astounding humor - It's not just the picture; watch the nintendo direct to see.

A very notable feature touched on in the direct was the Grid Iron Battles and RPG Adventures confirmed to be staying in the localization. These sort-of interactions not only keep it away from being "just a simulation", but also helps progress and kill time in Tomodachi Life

Tomodachi Life
will also have a Stage in Super Smash Bros for 3DS. The whereabouts of the stage are unknown yet beyond this picture from Post of the Day.

Come and enjoy Tomodachi Life starting June 6th!

Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Game Collector, Gamer, and Smash Fanatic at heart. He's a friendly guy too. He can be reached on Twitter, @Thirdkoopa

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I picked this up after seeing the PotD. It's a really funny and interesting game. You are right about the humor - it's pretty off the wall.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I was able to watch the Direct a few days ago.

I've heard about Tomodachi Life for some time now, but actually getting to see it was interesting. I wasn't expecting it to be so bizarre--I like it!

Shök

Smash Champion
Reggie dropping it like it's hot. His body seems pretty ready.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want to see Sakurai in it.

An epic tale about Reggie being pushed into Smash Bros by Sakurai. :p

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
The Newscaster Mii looks an awful lot like Reggii. At least to mii, that is. (Rimshot)

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I see the Reggii Mii now! :V

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You had me at "all hail the Virtual Boy."

This most be something great, considering Nintendo is actually acknowledging the mistakes they made, and making jokes about them!

Next comes CD-i on Virtual Console!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
no mii in SSB4 please
its okay

we all felt the same way for a while
You had me at "all hail the Virtual Boy."

This most be something great, considering Nintendo is actually acknowledging the mistakes they made, and making jokes about them!

Next comes CD-i on Virtual Console!
Hey, they might as well do CD-i on Virtual Console. A good chunk of those games are expensive! And we did get Sega...

edit: Thanks for the nice feedback guys!

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
All of your pre-orders for Smash 4 have been switched to Tomodachi Life, please understand.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Damn, I'm not the kind of guy who plays this kind of games but that footage was so hilarious that I think I should pick up my own copy on launch.

Smash Journeyman
this trailer was the most absurd thing I've seen in a while

10/10

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Remember kids, don't be high playing this game. But seriusly this game is weird and Random as f***.
Im glad he came to USA!

Top Bottom