• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Part of me wants them to vary up the music a little and include stuff from other franchises on each stage that happens to fit that stage. Like, for example, Frozen Hillside would've fit a lot better on The Summit than Halberd. Id (Purpose) could go on the Wii U version's Final Destination, along with a bunch of other final level and final boss themes. And maybe a couple chapter preparation themes could make it into the menu's playlist...

Where is everyone getting those little roster icons? I kind of want to put one together now...

Hong

The Strongest
If Robin is an Assist Trophy, what would she do?

I say she would be tied to Grima, who would appear in the background and send spikes up through the ground.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
If--hopefully not--Robin were to be an Assist Trophy, I could see him (or her, showing up as the female version half the time) acting like a familiar. He/she'd follow the player around, and whenever the player attacked, there'd be a chance of Robin performing a Dual Strike and jumping in with a sword attack or casting a spell.

(Seriously, though, where is everyone in the roster prediction thread getting those little icons? Now I want to post one there...)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Yep that's the thread I got the roster maker from.

As for music (in the Coliseum) I'd love to see conquest ~ ablaze (next to Id ~ purpose of course). Conquest in both versions is one of my favorites, which is kinda weird for the "random encounter" track :D

Delzethin pretty much nailed what I would've said about Robin as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Woah, Hong's a mod now? When did that happen?

At any rate, even though things aren't looking to good, hearing Id Purpose on the Ferox stage gave me a bit of hope.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
So yesterday the treehouse stream revealed that Miis are toggable through the menu and replace the random button. Leakerbros said the same thing in his post as well...

So there is still hope. A small shimmer of light; but it's there nonetheless

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So yesterday the treehouse stream revealed that Miis are toggable through the menu and replace the random button. Leakerbros said the same thing in his post as well...

So, they just take up one slot on the menu? And there's no random button?

Interesting...

Hong

The Strongest
I want to see Robin splattered on the screen now. Especially if she has her menacing hood-up design.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Huh, the new info is quite interesting.

Grats on the Mod status, Hong!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I want to see Robin splattered on the screen now. Especially if she has her menacing hood-up design.
It will be funny regardless.

...How long have you been a mod? Am I just noticing this?

Hong

The Strongest
In truth, all users are the descendants of mods, though the blood runs thinner in some more than others.

My mod spirit was awakened after MorbidAltruism's tireless judgment had angered me for the last time, and the user has been completely destroyed.

R.I.P.

@ Delzethin Delzethin 's suggestion is really cool, actually. I would love if the pairing mechanic could at least show up in Smash Bros in someway. A real shame we'll probably never get a character based on it. I feel that it is a very unique mechanic as far as Nintendo IPs are concerned, and really is the best way you can represent the comradery seen within the series.

Besides, you know... the whole marriage final smash thing. Let's not go there.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Haha, if we were gonna get a paired up Fire Emblem character, I'd most want Brady and Owain. Bros til the end.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
In truth, all users are the descendants of mods, though the blood runs thinner in some more than others.

My mod spirit was awakened after MorbidAltruism's tireless judgment had angered me for the last time, and the user has been completely destroyed.

R.I.P.
Abusing powers 101; Ban someone when you first get promoted.

Hong is going to make an awesome mod.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Too OP.

No fighter would notice him so all he would have a super easy time at winning.

And you thought MK was OP? Lol nope. Kellam would blown him out of the waters by 100 miles and MK wouldn't see it coming, no one would.
Whoops. Looks like he's already been confirmed!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

W-wait, what?! So Miis hold the same slot as the Random Button?

That's... interesting... And Leakerbros said the exact same thing?

Maybe he got some info right and threw out a ton of other **** just to mess with us, but damn, does that make me hope for Robin again. Granted, he didn't mention Rhythm Heaven at all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Brawl Demo lack a random slot?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I dunno, had a good laugh.

I also had a few beers tonight, so I'm probably a bad judge.

@ Pazzo. Pazzo. I thought the treehouse just talked about it and Miis are completely locked in the demo? So your question would be kinda irrelevant.
However, I may be wrong here. I'll get ready to insert my foot into my mouth.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Wait, when did Esmoire find a Master Seal? And who's this "Kellam" everyone's talking about? >_>

As far as Awakening ATs go, I suppose Lucina might work as a dual striking familiar, if she's not Marth's alternate costume and the devs decide her existence and relevance aren't too big of spoilers at this point. Other than her, Gaius is really popular in Japan, isn't he? And Owain would be hilarious, but he's also spoilery.

Here's another question: could we be seeing any Fire Emblem items this time around? What would they be?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Wait, when did Esmoire find a Master Seal? And who's this "Kellam" everyone's talking about? >_>

As far as Awakening ATs go, I suppose Lucina might work as a dual striking familiar, if she's not Marth's alternate costume and the devs decide her existence and relevance aren't too big of spoilers at this point. Other than her, Gaius is really popular in Japan, isn't he? And Owain would be hilarious, but he's also spoilery.

Here's another question: could we be seeing any Fire Emblem items this time around? What would they be?
Boots for people who have no feet.

Effect: Halves speed of the wearer, can be thrown.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I seriously hope that if we get another Fire Emblem Assist Trophy, it isn't another swordsman.

I mean, if we can't have Robin on the roster, I at least want some Assist Trophy to show off HD magic.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Woah, I haven't been in this thread since page 29, haha. Wassup?

I'm still holding out hope for Robin. Considering that the Gematsu leak is likely 100% correct, but also likely details the original planning documents, it is my hope that Chrom was originally intended to replace Ike until Sakurai decided to keep Ike, and so Chrom (being yet another blue-haired swordsman) was swapped out for a different character: the wonderfully unique and potential-filled Robin! Who is kinda-sorta basically the main character of Awakening.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Woah, I haven't been in this thread since page 29, haha. Wassup?

I'm still holding out hope for Robin. Considering that the Gematsu leak is likely 100% correct, but also likely details the original planning documents, it is my hope that Chrom was originally intended to replace Ike until Sakurai decided to keep Ike, and so Chrom (being yet another blue-haired swordsman) was swapped out for a different character: the wonderfully unique and potential-filled Robin! Who is kinda-sorta basically the main character of Awakening.
I'm just going to say that that sort of scenario is incredibly unlikely and is probably not going to happen.

...But it's not completely impossible.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I personally approve of all the newcomers so far, but if Chrom gets in over Robin, then I'm gonna be upset but get over it but still be upset nonetheless and even play as him too.

Top Bottom