• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IronFish

Smash Ace
To be fair, talking about who you chose Robin to marry isn't really much of a spoiler.

My Final Smash idea was Rally Spectrum. Basically just an overall stat boost with a rainbow effect and critical hit chance.
Rally spectrum should be a move and work like WFT's deep breathing IMO, if pokemon's mega evo's work as final smashes, then we have enough "Power-Up" FS already

Last edited:

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
Guys, I would suggest you to calm down with spoilers now.

Don't forget that visitors may not have cleared Awakening's main plot yet.
The game has been out for slightly more than a year now. Worrying about spoilers at this point is hardly necessary.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
My case:

Male Robin - Nowi
Female Robin - Ricken

*Runs away*
*Come back*

I'll marry too: Lissa, Cordelia, Cynthia, Chrom, Inigo.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Silver Sword and Thoron...why not some legendary weapons? I don't know, Mystletainn and Mjölnir perhaps?

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Silver Sword and Thoron...why not some legendary weapons? I don't know, Mystletainn and Mjölnir perhaps?
Mjölnir I can see him using but not the Mystletainn, as that's another FE characters weapon I think, but I think Magic would only be a few attacks...

Hong

The Strongest
If Brady was the only Fire Emblem character in Smash Bros, I would be 100% okay.

Seriously. He was an awesome character. He had a lot of flavour, but he was also very human, especially compared to the majority of the cast. In some ways the game would have been better if he were in Maribelle's place, though Maribelle really helped with his delivery, in how well they contrast.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
what are Robin's Victory Poses/Taunts going to be?
Maybe:
I tipped the scales! (up)
Checkmate(side)

I don't know
Hm... maybe stuff like:

-Pulling out a book/tome and looking through it briefly.
-His/Her animation that's used after defeating an enemy (bowing with a tome or twirling a sword).
-One of his/her critical quotes.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know, the more I think about it, the more I think he/she would be a neat addition to the roster.

I mean, Greninja pretty much proved that there'll be an Awakening rep in the game, so I'll advocate for Robin over Chrom, since a (potential) magician is much more required to represent the FE lore than another blue haired swordsman. :p

Add me to the support list!

Hong

The Strongest
Up: *throws sword up, twirls and catches*
"Is that the best you got?"
"Ha ha! You'll have to do better than that."
"Time to tip the scales!"
Side: *victory pose from Awakening, holds tome and bows*
"Now that's strategy!"
"Right."
"Predictable!"
Down: *pulls up cowl and faces the camera, with eyes glowing red*

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, the more I think about it, the more I think he/she would be a neat addition to the roster.

I mean, Greninja pretty much proved that there'll be an Awakening rep in the game, so I'll advocate for Robin over Chrom, since a (potential) magician is much more required to represent the FE lore than another blue haired swordsman. :p

Add me to the support list!
It's wonderful to see that Robin has been gaining so much support lately. Here's hoping to proper representation of the Fire Emblem series.

IronFish

Smash Ace
what do you think his FS is going to be? I'd love to see something like Capt.Falcon's but with a FE battle instead of a F-Zero race

Rabba don't respond with a post about war monks or anything of the nature

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
what do you think his FS is going to be? I'd love to see something like Capt.Falcon's but with a FE battle instead of a F-Zero race

Rabba don't respond with a post about war monks or anything of the nature
Well, there are a couple of options for that.

One possibility is basing his/her Final Smash off of Ignis, much like Ike's Final Smash is based off of Aether. It's even possible that Ignis could be part of his/her regular moveset and still be a Final Smash by borrowing the "Great" Aether idea from Ike. Anyway, Ignis as a Final Smash would probably be a powerful attack of either sword slashes or magic, accompanied by a lot of flower petals (kind of like my avatar, actually).

Another option would be to involve some of the cast of Awakening to perform some kind of thematic attack. This is a little more plausible now that Mega Man has something along those lines as well.

Finally, there's also the possibility of incorporating Grima into his/her Final Smash. This would probably involve Grima attacking from the background and creating dark spike blasts across the stage.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well, there are a couple of options for that.

One possibility is basing his/her Final Smash off of Ignis, much like Ike's Final Smash is based off of Aether. It's even possible that Ignis could be part of his/her regular moveset and still be a Final Smash by borrowing the "Great" Aether idea from Ike. Anyway, Ignis as a Final Smash would probably be a powerful attack of either sword slashes or magic, accompanied by a lot of flower petals (kind of like my avatar, actually).

Another option would be to involve some of the cast of Awakening to perform some kind of thematic attack. This is a little more plausible now that Mega Man has something along those lines as well.

Finally, there's also the possibility of incorporating Grima into his/her Final Smash. This would probably involve Grima attacking from the background and creating dark spike blasts across the stage.
what do you think is the most likely? I'm going with Ignis.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
what are Robin's Victory Poses/Taunts going to be?
I'd imagine his/her taunts to be after attack poses of different classes from awakening, like throwing a sword in the air and twirling it after catching it and holding a book up to his chest and bowing. "Checkmate!" being a quote after one of them.
As for Victory Poses: One of them with Morgan (especially if she/he's part of his moveset) with her/him saying "You tipped the scales!" and him answering "Thanks." (as those are two possible battle scene quotes from them respectively).
Another one with him looking through a book, then to the camera and smiling.
And one being striking a pose and saying "We chose our own fate!". This one only if Lucina doesn't make it into the game as a playable character.

IronFish said:
what do you think his FS is going to be?"
well, I shared my ideas here before, but I think some kind of multi attack with other characters from Awakening would be the best option. The exact execution has multiple possibilities though. Might be a power up that lasts for a certain amount of attacks and increases damage and adds some knockback on every hit. Or maybe just the others rushing in one after another to hit a random opponent. Or a big attack like Mega Man's FS. Though the latter would be the most boring one IMO.
Whatever happens, "Time to tip the Scales!" or "Time to even the odds!" should be somewhere in there.
I don't think Ignis has enough pazas for a final smash. Should be definetly part of his moveset, though!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I still stick with my idea of Grima wresting control over Robin's mind. He would appear in the background and smash the stage, causing spikes to erupt. Staggered so you can avoid it sort of, but in a rapid succession so it's unpredictable.

Other than that, the concept of Ignis is cool. Crush the enemy with a series of sword strikes, scattering cherry blossoms with every blow, and all three elements wrecking havoc on the victim.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I still stick with my idea of Grima wresting control over Robin's mind. He would appear in the background and smash the stage, causing spikes to erupt. Staggered so you can avoid it sort of, but in a rapid succession so it's unpredictable.

Other than that, the concept of Ignis is cool. Crush the enemy with a series of sword strikes, scattering cherry blossoms with every blow, and all three elements wrecking havoc on the victim.
Okay Grima trying to take over Robin would be cool and make some sense, but not properly represent the game IMO

Smash is not supposed to make sense.
Its supposed to make some sense and have inspiration from the games

Hong

The Strongest
Okay Grima trying to take over Robin would be cool and make some sense, but not properly represent the game IMO
Better represents the game than the majority of the Final Smashes, and fulfills the rule of cool.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Better represents the game than the majority of the Final Smashes, and fulfills the rule of cool.
Why not have both? I agree that some FSs in Brawl (especially Landmaster for Falco and Wolf...) did a poor job of this, but it doesn't mean we can't improve.

Hong

The Strongest
Why not have both? I agree that some FSs in Brawl (especially Landmaster for Falco and Wolf...) did a poor job of this, but it doesn't mean we can't improve.
I think a Robin afflicted with Grima offers more creative freedom, much like they gave Ranger Ike a Ragnell even though he never started or ended his journey with that sword.

My moveset (found in the first post) has a few attacks with dark flames in it that help to spice things up, but not in such a way that Robin has dark sauce all over her fries like Ganny does.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
My moveset (found in the first post) has a few attacks with dark flames in it that help to spice things up, but not in such a way that Robin has dark sauce all over her fries like Ganny does.
Did you intend for that to be read as "Granny" on the first take? Though, yeah, some dark stuff is fine for Robin imo.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654

Its supposed to make some sense and have inspiration from the games
it should represent the games for the most part, but it is okay to add things in order to make a character play better. Zelda for example uses magic she has never done in the games, Olimar doesnt whack people with pikmin or use them as a grappling rop thing, captain falcon just drives a car and does not have the powers of a phoenix fire falcon thing.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I think a Robin afflicted with Grima offers more creative freedom, much like they gave Ranger Ike a Ragnell even though he never started or ended his journey with that sword.

The reason I think Robin over Chrom is he has so much freedom, you don't need to pull something put of his ass like Grima, you can just give him magic and swords

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Robin: pair up with Morgan and performs double critical Ignis.
Chrom: pair up with Lucina and performs double critical Aether.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
The reason I think Robin over Chrom is he has so much freedom, you don't need to pull something put of his *** like Grima, you can just give him magic and swords
Grima wouldn't fall under that category. It's a part of her character and makes plenty of sense for a FS.

Hong

The Strongest
The reason I think Robin over Chrom is he has so much freedom, you don't need to pull something put of his *** like Grima, you can just give him magic and swords
Samus never needed missiles, Zero Suit Samus doesn't need a whip, and honestly aside from Angel Ring, Pit could have stayed exactly as he was.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't tap into options that can make an awesome character candidate even more awesome.

And it's not even like the silliness of giving Ness three techniques of his that had no business being on that character. Robin is the vessel for Grima literally for almost the entire game, and her struggle with the fel dragon is an integral plot point that spans roughly a third of the story.
No I can see it for an FS just not a part of the moveset
Pretend it's dark magic if it makes you feel better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Top Bottom