• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Man, Smash Wii U at this year's Evo has had some CRAZY upsets and amazing moments! Congratulations to Ally for taking home the win! Tekken 7 FR and Pokken Tournament were also super hype!

Now for fanart time!

Marth should be more careful before throwing shade.

D

Deleted member

Man, Smash Wii U at this year's Evo has had some CRAZY upsets and amazing moments! Congratulations to Ally for taking home the win! Tekken 7 FR and Pokken Tournament were also super hype!
I can't complain about the upsets really. I can't believe that Nairo failed to make top 8... it seems like he's pretty upset over using side B instead of up B that one match.

Congrats to Ally though, and an impressive showing by Kamemushi with his Mega Man! Damn, his sets were hype!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I just wanted to an extend a congratulations to @Dathx for making 25th at Evo. Good on you for pushing that Robin meta. We're getting there boys and girls!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Yeah, I think so. When compared to our various victories our Master Tacticians have brought us (I saw the list recently, but can't find it now, with Jerm, Skorpio, Mr II and the rest), and when compared with the current strength of the metagame, I think that Dath placing this high at the mega-International EVO is our most impressive achievement so far for Robinkind. The last title was so long ago, I've been waiting for a title change for a long time.

Also I was never a big social thread user, and though it is a little sad, I like this thread better now that it's much easier to keep up with it.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Seriously? did you miss the Sonic 25th anniversary livestream?

If you did, here they are
Sonic Mania

And Sonic Project 2017 (his 25th anniversary game)

:135:
I don't blame anyone for missing it really. On top of being at a silly time it was a complete shambles.
It was late to start (ironic considering it's Sonic), had technical difficulties and the audience there sucked during the Crush 40 segment.
Can't care for 2017 when we don't actually have gameplay footage and Mania looks decent at best.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't blame anyone for missing it really. On top of being at a silly time it was a complete shambles.
It was late to start (ironic considering it's Sonic), had technical difficulties and the audience there sucked during the Crush 40 segment.
Can't care for 2017 when we don't actually have gameplay footage and Mania looks decent at best.
Not interested. :4cloud:

I'm not a Sanic fan myself.

These reactions are very different from the ones i've been seeing so far

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I mean, the Crush 40 concert was a lot of fun, Sonic Mania looks pretty nice, and even Project '17 appears promising. But the absolutely terrible technical difficulties and poor planning/scheduling really made it hard to enjoy. At least it was a fun trainwreck to watch in motion. And let's not forget the real star of the show...

Totino's Stuffed Nachos!

D

Deleted member

I am honestly very hyped about the new games, more specifically Sonic Mania! It's like Sonic is going back into his old roots... I've been waiting for this for so long!
I can't say much for the new Sonic game, but I'm glad Classic Sonic is back and I'm pleasantly surprised that it's going to be on the NX.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I rarely ever fit in with the norm so that's not surprising.
It's all good. Can't be a fan of everything

Plus your responses was much better than half the Sonic "FanBase"

I mean, the Crush 40 concert was a lot of fun, Sonic Mania looks pretty nice, and even Project '17 appears promising. But the absolutely terrible technical difficulties and poor planning/scheduling really made it hard to enjoy. At least it was a fun trainwreck to watch in motion. And let's not forget the real star of the show...

Totino's Stuffed Nachos!

But really, you are right, it was a little unorganized at first and there was an extremely annoying buzz at the start too

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
About the new Sonic games? I'm actually a huge fan of Sonic since his first game I ever played, Sonic Advance, and I really hope those games will bring him back a little of his old success.

At the moment I'm more hyped for "Sonic 2017" than Sonic Mania, that's because I really liked Sonic Generations and seeing that classic Sonic is back gives me hope for a gameplay similar to that of Generations. That said, Sonic Mania looks also really good, 2D Sonic are best Sonic and this seems a fantastic return to the origins.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As someone who has only enjoyed classic Sonic, I'm more than a little interested in Sonic Mania.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Today is the one year anniversary of me joining this site. It's also the anniversary of posting here for the first time.

Time flies by so quickly...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
it's been two weeks and this thread still hasn't moved to another page.
Time to re-follow

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Time to re-follow
I guess we're not 3 steps ahead after all... :secretkpop:

Today is the one year anniversary of me joining this site. It's also the anniversary of posting here for the first time.

Oh ****

It feels like yesterday when we made the Almost But Not Quite jokes when you first came here

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Sunday was my two-year anniversary joining this site. Feels like it was only yesterday.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
We stopped? :p
Well, we almost stopped.... but not quite. :cool:
Time to re-follow
Yo welcome back Antony! It's been far too long!

Speaking of activity 'round these parts lately, this thread needs a hero, a hero to bring life and energy back to this thread!

And that hero shall be....

:103:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
What the ****? Is THAT thing the dragon Exeggcutor, possibly with a photoshopped neck? I've seen pictures of the different form things for Ninetales, Sandshrew and Sandslash and I've seen people's comments on Exeggcutor's new look but with my growing indifference to new Pokemon, I never bothered to look past what pictures I've seen in the M2 social.

That thing is...slightly terrifying.

Oh and my 2 year anniversary came and went a while ago...and here I am still trying to settle on who to use most! RIP Wolf </3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Any Isaac fans here?

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/08/01/dream-smashers-isaac/

What the ****? Is THAT thing the dragon Exeggcutor, possibly with a photoshopped neck? I've seen pictures of the different form things for Ninetales, Sandshrew and Sandslash and I've seen people's comments on Exeggcutor's new look but with my growing indifference to new Pokemon, I never bothered to look past what pictures I've seen in the M2 social.

That thing is...slightly terrifying.

Oh and my 2 year anniversary came and went a while ago...and here I am still trying to settle on who to use most! RIP Wolf </3
That's really how long the neck is.

:laugh:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
As Nah Nah said, that is in fact the actual length of Alolan Exeggutor's neck. Also, if you are growing indifferent to modern Pokemon, then this gen might just be for you because they're really breaking some molds. Gyms seem to be completely gone in favor of a new system of Trials you must complete on each of the four major islands, each lead by a unique Trial Captain. After completing each you will then be allowed to challenge the Kahuna of each island. On top of that, HM's look to be replaced (or at least lessened) by the Ride Pokemon feature, which looks to be an expansion of X and Y's riding segments but more fleshed out, and ORAS's Eon Flute item. Here's the latest trailer showing this stuff off.

I, for one, welcome our new palm-tree overlords.
As do I.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
As Nah Nah said, that is in fact the actual length of Alolan Exeggutor's neck. Also, if you are growing indifferent to modern Pokemon, then this gen might just be for you because they're really breaking some molds. Gyms seem to be completely gone in favor of a new system of Trials you must complete on each of the four major islands, each lead by a unique Trial Captain. After completing each you will then be allowed to challenge the Kahuna of each island. On top of that, HM's look to be replaced (or at least lessened) by the Ride Pokemon feature, which looks to be an expansion of X and Y's riding segments but more fleshed out, and ORAS's Eon Flute item. Here's the latest trailer showing this stuff off.

As do I.

Huh, interesting to say the least. I think I'm still gonna hold off. I bought all 4 gen VI games and didn't like a single one. Didn't like the first half of gen V either. My current thoughts are that I'll get a gen VII game if there's something that completely wows me and makes me feel the need to get it, or if they make a gen IV remake since that was my personal favourite.

The potential lack of HMs is nice since most of them save for Surf are a pain to carry around and bringing an HM slave around was never fun. The lack of Gym leaders and the new Kahunas or whatever is, as you said, a mold breaker but they showed the one guy and he only had 3 Pokemon which is a major issue I had with gen VI. Most bosses didn't even have 5 Pokemon, not even the later ones.

Heck, I ordered Black 2 and it came the other day and I'm going to it specifically because 1. it was an amazing game that redeemed the poor first gen V games and 2. Challenge mode. I have to beat the game normally first but the fact that it rewards you with a higher difficulty, in a series that hasn't tried to be difficult starting in gen III, is nice. Kinda like Hero mode in Zelda.

No real opinion on any of the new Pokemon so far save for Rowlet and Litten being cute. Z moves look eh. Alola forms...Vulpix and Sandshrew look adorable (although their base forms are better...totally not bias with Vulpix being tied for my 2nd favourite Pokemon) and Exeggutor, as I said before, looks terrifying.

One issue that could honestly hold me back from getting future installments in the series is my disliking of the presentation. I don't know what it is but the look of the games and the music (can only really speak about gen VI's in this case but still) and the sounds...all of it seems...off to me. Like, with the graphics in general, maybe it's because it's on the 3DS which isn't capable of the same model quality the Gamecube and Wii titles showed but even the world looks bland to me and that's an issue I never had with any previous generation. Music is mostly forgettable save for a few pieces like the Xerneas/Yveltal theme. The 'updated' cries mostly sound awful and I wish the Pokemon were more lively in battle. We went 4 generations with stiff sprites save for when they first came out, and even then, only specific titles offering that and then gen V made almost every Pokemon lively and moving around a lot, showing lots of energy...and then gen VI went back to them mostly being dull by not moving much with the biggest exceptions going to any flying Pokemon.

Tl;dr looks interesting to say the least but my disliking of gen VI is continuing to hold me back unless they make a gen IV remake.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Camelot needs to get on the ball with that Dark Dawn sequel...

Good article. So many things could've been taken from GS to make Isaac's move set. It's still a shame that I might not see them in an official game.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully.

Then maybe we'll get Isaac.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Eaux

I see only but two gorls that visiT the Zelda social here (yew and Koiba) I think it's just your run of the mill Alola Eggsecutor meme attack. Plus Pokemon, which has been a running topic there as well.

However if yew had been looking to starT a Zelda raid...

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Eaux

I see only but two gorls that visiT the Zelda social here (yew and Koiba) I think it's just your run of the mill Alola Eggsecutor meme attack. Plus Pokemon, which has been a running topic there as well.

However if yew had been looking to starT a Zelda raid...

Top Bottom