• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
That's the first time I've heard the original 'Together We Ride!'
Quite the interesting experience.

Folt

Smash Ace
Smash has it just as bad as PSASBR in terms of community division. It's sickening but at the same time makes seeing the down to earth users miraculous. But now we're derailing massively, let's leave it at: Divided community is divided and allow Robin discussion to continue.

I still think unpredictability has a hand in it, but I otherwise agree, let's leave it there and be patient.
There's something about watching a PSASBR match that is no fun in comparison to watching SSB matches, but eh. I'm digressing.

So in regards to Robin in Smash, what's your favorite thing about him? Mine is of course that we get a mage-y character that is a male for once, and the fact that he can use lightning and darkness is pretty much the icing on the cake. (And also that his best sword that typically runs off the Magic stat in FE.)

Morbi

Scavenger
There's something about watching a PSASBR match that is no fun in comparison to watching SSB matches, but eh. I'm digressing.

So in regards to Robin in Smash, what's your favorite thing about him? Mine is of course that we get a mage-y character that is a male for once, and the fact that he can use lightning and darkness is pretty much the icing on the cake. (And also that his best sword that typically runs off the Magic stat in FE.)
My favorite thing about him is that "he" is actually a "she" and that we get yet another mage-y character that is female.

Hong

The Strongest
I wanted anyone that is not another stock lord.

We've had enough of Fire Emblem's brand image being tarnished. I'll let it slide with Ike, because many would consider either him or Lucina to be the best lords the series has seen. But if we got someone like Chrom or Seliph, it would have been a disgrace IMO.

I used to consider Celica and Robin equals in terms of what they had to offer, but now that I have seen Robin, I have had a change of opinion. Celica uses both spell and sword all the same, but she would have been too simple. She doesn't have to deal with weapon durability. Robin, with her multiple weapons and their limited uses, adds some more distinct flair.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Probably my favorite thing about Robin is that he/she is actually very different from the previous Fire Emblem characters we already had, who were all pretty similar themselves. By being so distinct from those previous characters, and due to his/her unique abilities and gameplay mechanics, Robin provides a much better representation for the Fire Emblem series as a whole than any of those other characters could have. Really, just being able to show people that Fire Emblem does not consist entirely of blue-haired swordsmen is probably my favorite thing about Robin.

Of course, Robin's unique magical abilities and awesome design are great as well.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I'm definitely looking forward to using Robin, he seems like the first ranged character out of the newcomers, unless you count Rosalina and Luma, but i kinda don't. Given i main Lucas(and Ness) who are pretty ranged in general, and how Robin isn't just your typical swordsman and actually seems to have a strategic playstyle with his moves not being allowed to be spammed without consequence, he seems like one of the most interesting newcomers to me. I'm definitely looking forward to using him now. I'll admit though, i kinda didn't expect him to get in, given his reputation as a customizable avatar, but i'm glad he made it in.

Also, it is just me, or does Robin's Final Smash seem like the basic concept of it is a copy of Ike's Great Aether? I mean, i see it like this:

Ike's Great Aether:
- Hits Target with swing of the sword
- Sends Target flying up high into the top of the stage
- Starts wailing on Target while Target is trapped in place
- Finishes by slamming target into the ground

Robin's FS
- Target is hit by swing of Chrom's sword(that's how i see it from the reveal trailer)
- Target is sent flying up high into the top of the stage
- Chrom and Robin start wailing on the Target with Critical Hits+Magic while Target is trapped in place
- The Finishing blow isn't known

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'm definitely looking forward to using Robin, he seems like the first ranged character out of the newcomers, unless you count Rosalina and Luma, but i kinda don't. Given i main Lucas(and Ness) who are pretty ranged in general, and how Robin isn't just your typical swordsman and actually seems to have a strategic playstyle with his moves not being allowed to be spammed without consequence, he seems like one of the most interesting newcomers to me. I'm definitely looking forward to using him now. I'll admit though, i kinda didn't expect him to get in, given his reputation as a customizable avatar, but i'm glad he made it in.

Also, it is just me, or does Robin's Final Smash seem like the basic concept of it is a copy of Ike's Great Aether? I mean, i see it like this:

Ike's Great Aether:
- Hits Target with swing of the sword
- Sends Target flying up high into the top of the stage
- Starts wailing on Target while Target is trapped in place
- Finishes by slamming target into the ground

Robin's FS
- Target is hit by swing of Chrom's sword(that's how i see it from the reveal trailer)
- Target is sent flying up high into the top of the stage
- Chrom and Robin start wailing on the Target with Critical Hits+Magic while Target is trapped in place
- The Finishing blow isn't known
Watch Robin summoning a random character for a random FS style... No, i'm kidding.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The fact that he looked really impressive uniqueness-wise in his trailer.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The fact that he looked really impressive uniqueness-wise in his trailer.
Talking about the mage-y-ness of Robin, and how awesome it looked in the trailer, I can't wait to see how Isaac might turn out in his trailer. Robin and Isaac, people joined by names :D As well as some resemblances they might have in fighting.

Looking ahead for more awesomeness. I am still excited to use Robin though as I have only played the demo of Awakening so far and I liked what I saw. Can't wait to get my hands on FE awakening and experience Robin's storyline firsthand.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
TBH I don't really like that Chrom is his FS.
Can you elaborate? I think it's fine and I don't see what else they could do for it. A dual attack style FS while he fires magic and Chrom attacks melee seems pretty useful and cool to me.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think Chrom was the best possible idea for her FS. Maybe not the ~coolest~, but the better to represent Fire Emblem Awakening as a whole.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So in regards to Robin in Smash, what's your favorite thing about him?
Other than that Robin actually IS in Smash?
Probably that they didn't went with a pure mage playstyle. While it would have made sense to balance out the 52,342,364 swords we already have in the game, the ability to use both blades and magic was immediately appealing to me when I first played Awakening.

And I also love that there is so much actual game mechanic representation stuffed into Robin with weapon durability and the Dual Strike Final Smash.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I guess it's the best to represent it, though they could've done something much cooler. I'm fine with it though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Other than that Robin actually IS in Smash?
Probably that they didn't went with a pure mage playstyle. While it would have made sense to balance out the 52,342,364 swords we already have in the game, the ability to use both blades and magic was immediately appealing to me when I first played Awakening.
I completely forgot being a freaking battlemage as an appeal point. I'm a sucker for combined arts.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What do I like most about Robin?

That’s…a hard question to answer. Which is strange, because she was my third most wanted character for this game, and Fire Emblem is one of my favorite video game franchises out there. I suppose it’s because out of all the potential FE newcomers for this game, Robin was supposed to be the audience surrogate, in a sense, you, guiding the player through the world of Fire Emblem Awakening and providing them a way to save its world. Chrom couldn't do that for the audience, he was the Lord that everyone knew and love, and would become the face of the army. He was just the guy you looked at and followed. Lucina also didn't outright reveal herself until much later, and much of her characterization is drawn upon by the Hero-King Marth, an existing FE character and ancient Lord. But Robin is the character that is most relatable to the average player, and just about nearly everything that happens in the story is related to her somehow, whether its from cataclysmic events in the future or through victorious means achieved because of her tactics. Even though Chrom was supposed to be in every battle, it's explicitly clear that every battle in the game was won because of Robin's tactics.

In terms of game-play, I like Robin because of her capabilities as a Magic Knight in her default class (Tactician). I've always been fond of Magic-users because in real life, that’s the class that I would want to become, and swords are some of my favorite weapons in anything ever. In SSB, every character we've gotten so far was a male Lord who primarily (and in some cases, only) used swords as weapons, and despite the fact that there are much more interesting weapons to choose from in that series, we were limited to only these characters, lessening the appeal to the Fire Emblem series. Imagine if we only got Chrom, outsiders to this series would look upon the characters and scoff at what they just saw, saying “Three blue-haired swordsmen?! What are they, brothers, or is everybody in that franchise the same type of character?”

Robin can re-class into virtually any class that is possible for her gender (females can’t get male-only classes like Warriors for example), obtain any of their skills, and support with anyone and everyone you can recruit. Chrom can support with only a limited amount of people, and he has a small class set comparable with every other character. This makes her the most important character in the game IMO, and up there along the likes of Marth, considered by many to be the face of the franchise.

Her character design is also really nice. I like the textures on her cloak, the three-eyes of Grima motif on her sleeves, and the use of black-and-gold as the cloak's primary colors. She’s also very attractive, though I’ll admit this as a guy that M!Robin’s not too bad-looking in Smash.

Even though it's been a month after her reveal, I'm still ecstatic that Robin is an actual playable character in Smash.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Her character design is also really nice. I like the textures on her cloak, the three-eyes of Grima motif on her sleeves, and the use of black-and-gold as the cloak's primary colors. She’s also very attractive, though I’ll admit this as a guy that M!Robin’s not too bad-looking in Smash.
U.jpg
Don't worry, I say the same thing with Lucina in her yukata.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Finished my first playthrough of Awakening just now... Lemme download the DLC really quick and then its back to start a new savefile ~

One question though, is it possible to get Flavia earlier in the game? Getting her for the like last 3 chapters only is kinda pointless :< Also, is it just me or is this game lacking in quantity of "cool" males? I didn'T find anyone i'd have liked to pair with Cordelia, Flavia,Lucina or any of the female children (although i paired Linfan (thats what Morgan is called in my version)) with the Taguel-son for comedic purpose :/ . I don't like Kellam and Virion one bit, Stahl is kinda random and Vaike is an airhead.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Finished my first playthrough of Awakening just now... Lemme download the DLC really quick and then its back to start a new savefile ~

One question though, is it possible to get Flavia earlier in the game? Getting her for the like last 3 chapters only is kinda pointless :< Also, is it just me or is this game lacking in quantity of "cool" males? I didn'T find anyone i'd have liked to pair with Cordelia, Flavia,Lucina or any of the female children (although i paired Linfan (thats what Morgan is called in my version)) with the Taguel-son for comedic purpose :/ . I don't like Kellam and Virion one bit, Stahl is kinda random and Vaike is an airhead.
No. You can't get Flavia any eariler. She also can't be paired up with anyone other than :4robinm:. And, :4robinm:x :4lucina: is the way to go for :4lucina:. Because Smash.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
No. You can't get Flavia any eariler. She also can't be paired up with anyone other than :4robinm:. And, :4robinm:x :4lucina: is the way to go for :4lucina:. Because Smash.
I thought so too...Until i found Tharja. Then Lucinas chances dropped right down into hell. Maybe I'll get :4robinm:x:4lucina: this time...I doubt it though cause it will most likely end up being :4robinm:xCordelia, for the fun that is Galeforce Linfan X) (Well...if i can not somehow get the Spotpass-Map Paralogue 22 that lets me get Aversa as playable ... can you tell me how to get my hands on it? D: I think if it is possible i'll pair :4lucina: with the madness that is Henry this time... I think. Maybe.

D

Deleted member

It's not possible to get Flavia earlier and she can only marry Robin.
I made Cordelia marry Lon'qu and I got a pretty satisfying pair of units. I didn't marry Lucina to anyone in the game; all the other children got married except for her.

(Well...if i can not somehow get the Spotpass-Map Paralogue 22 that lets me get Aversa as playable ... can you tell me how to get my hands on it?
Go to the Wireless menu, then the Bonus Box, and then click on Bonus Maps. There you will download the bonus Paralogues.

I think if it is possible i'll pair :4lucina: with the madness that is Henry this time... I think. Maybe.
Children can only marry the children and Robin. So, Lucina can't marry Henry.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I thought so too...Until i found Tharja. Then Lucinas chances dropped right down into hell. Maybe I'll get :4robinm:x:4lucina: this time...I doubt it though cause it will most likely end up being :4robinm:xCordelia, for the fun that is Galeforce Linfan X) (Well...if i can not somehow get the Spotpass-Map Paralogue 22 that lets me get Aversa as playable ... can you tell me how to get my hands on it? D: I think if it is possible i'll pair :4lucina: with the madness that is Henry this time... I think. Maybe.
You can't do that. Also, F!Morgan (or Linfan as you call her) can reclass into a Dark Flier no matter what so... Also, you can't pair :4lucina: with Henry. They're different gens. (:4robinm: is the exception.)

It's not possible to get Flavia earlier and she can only marry Robin.
I made Cordelia marry Lon'qu and I got a pretty satisfying pair of units. I didn't marry Lucina to anyone in the game; all the other children got married except for her.
Go to the Wireless menu, then the Bonus Box, and then click on Bonus Maps. There you will download the bonus Paralogues.
Children can only marry the children and Robin. So, Lucina can't marry Henry.
What he said. Also, I can't pair any of the children with :4lucina:, mostly because it never feels right unless she's with :4robinm:. It's the pairing in anything that I'm like that with. No clue why. (Although I did pair her with M!Morgan when I played as a girl and married Walhart)

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You can't do that. Also, F!Morgan (or Linfan as you call her) can reclass into a Dark Flier no matter what so... Also, you can't pair :4lucina: with Henry. They're different gens. (:4robinm: is the exception.)
I meant so she inherits Galeforce. I don'T want to make her a Dark Flier first and then reclass again.

I wonder... So i can get paralogue 22 earlier than chapter 25 that way? Propably not right? Which means I'd be stuck w/o Linfan til after Grima... At which point it is useless to even egt her. Yay. Cordelia it is then...

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I meant so she inherits Galeforce. I don'T want to make her a Dark Flier first and then reclass again.

I wonder... So i can get paralogue 22 earlier than chapter 25 that way? Propably not right? Which means I'd be stuck w/o Linfan til after Grima... At which point it is useless to even egt her. Yay. Cordelia it is then...
You could have :4lucina: inherit Galeforce from Sumia/Olivia, and then have her pass it down onto Morgan, along with Aether. That's what I normally do.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You could have :4lucina: inherit Galeforce from Sumia/Olivia, and then have her pass it down onto Morgan, along with Aether. That's what I normally do.
Hmm... Right that sounds pretty evil. All depends on whether or not it is possible to get Aversa at a reasonable time then.. cause Shadowgift... D:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hmm... Right that sounds pretty evil. All depends on whether or not it is possible to get Aversa at a reasonable time then.. cause Shadowgift... D:
Only right before the endgame. Also, SHE'S YOUR ADOPTED SISTER DUDE!! Also, Morgan and Yarne is amazing.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You understand that is wrong because she is technically family, right?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Only right before the endgame. Also, SHE'S YOUR ADOPTED SISTER DUDE!! Also, Morgan and Yarne is amazing.
Its fun cause she is the adopted sister huehuehue... Anyway, thing is, i really wanted a Shadowgift Linfan... I love dark magic and having to always end Linfan as a Sorcerer for that leaves a bad taste, because in her Supports with MU its clear she wants to be a tactician ._. Oh well maybe I'll try and get a different female Sorcerer (excluding tharja cause first gen) then...although i think the role fits little sadistic Linfan the best.

You understand that is wrong because she is technically family, right?
Adopted sister isn'T wrong. What i did in my book I'm writing - Half twins intermarriing - is wrong. Well those are Vampires so human laws don'T apply but hey...

BTT: Getting Shadowgift Linfan would be worth it, for the reasons explained above.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Its fun cause she is the adopted sister huehuehue... Anyway, thing is, i really wanted a Shadowgift Linfan... I love dark magic and having to always end Linfan as a Sorcerer for that leaves a bad taste, because in her Supports with MU its clear she wants to be a tactician ._. Oh well maybe I'll try and get a different female Sorcerer (excluding tharja cause first gen) then...although i think the role fits little sadistic Linfan the best.
You could pass the Sorcerer skills down from :4robinm: if you want. Also, I know :4lucina:!Linfan starts as a tactician.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Adopted sister isn'T wrong. What i did in my book I'm writing - Half twins intermarriing - is wrong. Well those are Vampires so human laws don'T apply but hey...

BTT: Getting Shadowgift Linfan would be worth it, for the reasons explained above.
To each his own. I just find that wrong, adopted or not. Even if it's not an identical bloodline, it's still family, so that qualifies as wrong to me.

It is wrong in your opinion. :) Plus, adopted sister. Adopted.
Good thing you showed up just as I posted so I could edit quickly :) And yes, it's my opinion.

Anywho, carry on. I just wanted to say that.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You could pass the Sorcerer skills down from :4robinm: if you want. Also, I know :4lucina:!Linfan starts as a tactician.
Uhm... Shadowgift is unique to Aversa and allows the use of Dark Magic with ANY tome wielding class. Thats what I'm getting at. I want Tactitican Linfan to be able to use Dark Magic which only works with Shadowgift. I could also have Dark Magic using Linfan as Dark Flier, Grandmaster and Dark Knight or whatever it is called.

It's wrong. I mean, really? She's your sister! And tried to kill everyone you love more than once. And worshiped Grima at one point.
I'd be happy if the Aversa you'd get would be from a different dimensiuon/timeline aswell, basically where MU stayed as a Grima worshipper and Aversa being the non-follower. but sadly that doesn'T exist. Also she's not even a STEP SISTER, she's adopted, and propably AFTER MU's mother hid him from Valldar. So they never saw each other prior. If you were fullgrown, and your parent decided to remarry, and you got a new brother/sister that way, same age and you fell in love, that wouldn'T be wrong by any means.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Uhm... Shadowgift is unique to Aversa and allows the use of Dark Magic with ANY tome wielding class. Thats what I'm getting at. I want Tactitican Linfan to be able to use Dark Magic which only works with Shadowgift. I could also have Dark Magic using Linfan as Dark Flier, Grandmaster and Dark Knight or whatever it is called.
Ahh... I thought you wanted Sorcerer Morgan Linfan for something else.
The only time I've ever married a Spotpass character was when I had :4robinf: marry Walhart for sh*ts and giggles.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only time I've ever married a Spotpass character was when I had :4robinf: marry Walhart for sh*ts and giggles.
that's evil, marrying for sh*ts and giggles :troll:

You gotta marry with good intent, man. I didn't marry Lucina because she was in Sm4sh, I married her because she grew on me :D

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Ahh... I thought you wanted Sorcerer Morgan Linfan for something else.
Nah. Linfan from :4robinm:xTharja even starts as Dark Mage. I finished with Sorcerer Linfan this first playthrough. Too bad you cannot keep characters over a playthrough and just have 'em reset to 1. tier lvl 1 of their respective classes.

Its situations like this where i actually would love to have a character unlock cheatcode.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
that's evil, marrying for sh*ts and giggles :troll:

You gotta marry with good intent, man. I didn't marry Lucina because she was in Sm4sh, I married her because she grew on me :D
I married because I think :4robinm: is the one person who could truly bring :4lucina: happiness after the game is over. And she looks hot in a yukata. And aether!Morgan.

And the look of pure horror that Chrom has on his face when realizes what his daughter and best friend are going to be doing together. Preferably at thier wedding, when he's walking her down the isle. :troll:
Nah. Linfan from :4robinm:xTharja even starts as Dark Mage. I finished with Sorcerer Linfan this first playthrough. Too bad you cannot keep characters over a playthrough and just have 'em reset to 1. tier lvl 1 of their respective classes.
New Game + should have been a thing. At least the DLC maps are well made.

Last edited:
Top Bottom