• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Well DanSmith...since yyg is needed to activate the teleport, I'm sure a player would rather do something else anyway^_^. It may never happen, but I think it will. It has been said that this game has 4 more years left in it before it completely dies out; if within that time we are able to master yyg, then not only will we have made Ness a super character, but we will have also extended that four years by who knows how many more years.

Anyway, I've been waiting to see those vids of you, Dan Smith. Although you are modest I have heard some good things about you.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
We sound like a bunch of evil scientists conducting sinister genetic research. Seriously, I want to know about the thunder jacket thing. Hurry up with that vid and tell me how it's done.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Simna: Who'd you hear that from? I would like to give you the video as soon as possible but the girl who is in control of our videos is some sort of idiot. Me and all of my friends got angry at her recently...hopefully she will do something with the vids or we will have to take them from her and find a new camera lady.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I actually heard good things about you from Geo and ender of my own crew. I am not sure exactly what they heard or who they heard it from though. I hope to see your vids soon^_^.

VilNess

Smash Champion
yeah dan yer vids are been longed for, hurry up please :D

I recorded some vids with my bro yesterday. there were some YYG usage. The funniest part though was when I tried to equip thunder jacket when I accidently bounced off the ledge upwards and hit the ganon with the normal PK thunderblast :D ...result was the same!

Also there were some hilarious ness-tilt combos. upsmash->utilt->upangled ftilt. looked kinda funny.

...and some funny chain-throwing on ganon.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Holy moly! I did the thunder jacket and it RULES!! And it's acutally fairly safe to do as well: here's why.

You lay the trabbox onto an opponent near the edge of the stage. They get propped up by the strong Glitch setup. (they need to be on a fairly high amount of damage) You immediately PK thunderslide and equip the jacket.

Now the only thing your opponent can do to stop you is cancel the memory loop/trap sphere or go to take your PK thunder, which they probably won't be able to do if you're quick. If they take the hitbox, then your "lazy attack" will be negated by the PK @s$blast as you hit the edge. If they try to get inbetween you and the hitbox, they'll be struck by the flying hitbox as it crosses over to you. If they just try to get away, you'll be able to equip the jacket.

(of course, they could always stand inbetween you and the hitbox and put up thier shields, but that wouldn't put you at a disadvatage, seeing as Ness's ledge recovery roll is fairly safe.)

And trust me, those of you who haven't seen this move, a Ness equipped with the jacket is SCARY!!! Try equiping the jacket and rolling through an opponent for some wierd-looking fun. And always remember to punch after using the jacket to get rid of that "lazy attack."

VilNess

Smash Champion
Sorry the vids are only on VHS and it can take very long time since those vids would be available. not too interested in that stuff now.

NESSBOUNDER: exactly! thunderslide to equip the jacket is the way to go :D
Heh that was just what I tried to do in my vid but as I described it was funny nevertheless.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I was wrong, PK buttblast near the edge doesn't cancel the lazy hitbox. Oh well. perhaps if you swing around and recover with an F-air instead of just getting up.

I find that when the jacket is up, it clanks projectiles while still remaining active. I managed to run through two of Mario's fireballs before owning him one time...however, other times it just burned me.

Guess what? If you hit them with a normal uncharged U-smash yo-yo (not the loop) when you've got the jacket on, it hits them with PK thunderblast and then drops another trap sphere on the ground!

I also find that I like to stuff around with projectiles when I've got the jacket on, seeing as they can simply shield it and leave you with a lazy hitbox. You're pretty much invulnerable to physical attacks, anyway.

PK FLASH ON GROUND!!!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
That's a nice thunder yoyo there, nessbounder^_^

I can't stop anyone, but I think we should not explain this technique right now, let people stew over it and experiment themselves until the vid comes out, then we explain.

That is pretty hilarious tho....putting it on then using pkflash.....its like the lure on ness' fishing rod.^_^

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
its like the lure on ness' fishing rod.^_^
It's funny because PK Flash even looks like Ness is slowly casting out a line. A line with a little green lure that becomes the hook of death!

King Kong

Smash Lord
Curse you Nessbounder, i just know that the next time i play you your gonna have a whole bag of glitch tricks and your going to kick my ***. You'll have to write an e-mail to me and tell me what these tricks are, just so i know what to expect.... on second thoughts, dont do that, keep your secrets.

i'm gonna have to crack the DK glitches, somehow find the secrets of the Down B so I can spike you with it, then find out how to do the multiple air jumps with DK (I know it has something to do with jumping from a ledge hanging, you've seen me do this, remember?)

Anyways, you guys must have spent ages figuring out this stuff, its really cool, almost makes me want to play Ness. But you have inspired me to lift my game a bit. Sorry to get off topic here.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really, I'm curious myself. I love glitches and playing around with them (Ain't got no competition... :( Just me and my AR to play around with things) I wanna mess around with this.

VilNess

Smash Champion
I personally HATED it if we Ness players became like "Roy" players and hide all their stuff from others.
Well the vid is coming yes but I think we can share the info of how to equip thunderjacket.
But since I don´t want Simnas Hate :D I´ll let him explain, or NESSBOUNDER or Dan S. or Matunas etc.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
VilNess....i thinks its good that only a few of us hardcore nessers have it figured out

its not that we want to keep it from each other, but wouldn't it be nice if non-ness players saw it before they read about it?

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
I know that you guys are trying to keep it secret for a good reason, however, I haven't had the time to just play around for a long time and I was just wondering if someone could at least PM me some sort of hint so that I can just check it out really quick..... pretty please?

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Hmmmm. . .I'm getting the general impression that whoever's in the know about this super-secret glitch is basically kicking back, sipping at some white wine while lighting a cigar, and sitting in a mysterious, dark, smoky room while laughing maniacally. :p

Unfortunately, some of the people here aren't hardcore Ness players. . .sorry, but my heart belongs to a certain fat, hairy Italian plumber. We just don't have the time to tinker endlessly w/YYG. Personally, I haven't learned enough about Ness to even play him half-decently, so any explanation on how to "equip the jacket" is much appreciated.

. . .but then again, I suppose that watching the rest of us beg like children must be rather entertaining. . .

VilNess

Smash Champion
Okay.
Despite me getting hate I really would HATE it if we ended up like roy players. besides 99% of smashers aren´t gonna cehck this topic anyway so W/E

There. don´t hate me other Ness buddies. and I might edit that if you guys think I did wrong.

edit: it´s gone. anyone who was actually interested would have read it already...

dan smith

Smash Champion
Ode To Pandora

I can never hate you...and I have no reason to.

Always being the pessimist: With each layer of complexity that gets added the more useless and difficult the processis become.

Sigh...

NessExclusively

Smash Apprentice
2 hours of arguous work have paid off, I've just done my first YYG. I've finally got the timing down to a science. I can grab all the way across the stage, but I can't get the other stuff right. Like hitting them when they hit the hitbox. ( man I said hit alot ) Could someone please help me with this ?

dan smith

Smash Champion
You are really silly Simna...

NessEx: Just try and pull off a move at the exact same instant that your opponent hits the Trapbox...or just get them in between you and it. (harder than it sounds)

Galeon

Smash Ace
i pulled the jacket off once in about 15 attempts. it was wasted though because the guy was right above when i rolled to the stage. so when i rolled past him, he got hit and went flying off the screen.

NessExclusively

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Simna ibn Sind
Mr. Exclusively, try looking back at some of the earlier posts. We really have a lot of them here don't we?^_^ [/B]
Ok I took your advice, and read all 15 pages ( which took me 47 minutes by the way) And I read about the Thunder Jacket. The way to equip it all seems fine, but can someone please tell me what the heck a PK thunderslide is ? then maybe I can try it for my self.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Run, jump, and then just as you leave the ground, use PK thunder. Ness slides through the air and then forces his brain out into the atmosphere for you to do whatever you want with it...like equip the thunder jacket.

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Wow... just wow. I just finished reading through all these pages and I must say, this glitch seems like it has some awesome potential! And I don't know what the crap you guys mean by "putting on the thunder jacket" but I think I'll play around with the YYG and "thundersliding" and see if something ends up working out for me.

Also, something I found that I don't remember reading in the thread already: There's a stage that looks kinda like a U with a slope on the right that fox likes to waveshine people up to their death, a green pipe on the left, and little chasm in the center covered by three spinny boxes from a Mario or Yoshi game. (I suck with stage names, but I trust by now you know which one I'm talking about). Well, you can set up the trapsphere on that stage sans opponent, using one of those three boxes at the bottom.

Now I gotta go buy a thunder jacket..

dan smith

Smash Champion
Didn't I talk about using parts of stages to set trapboxes? I know that I at least mentioned the buttons on Peach's Castle.

The spin blocks are on Yoshi's Island by the way. There are also crush blocks on Green Greens and brick blocks on MK1.

I don't think the crush or brick blocks work. I don't remember though, I experimented with them a long time ago.

The buttons are reallly really easy to use though. They just automatically set trap boxes because of their weird animation freezing properties.

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Oh neat, I'll have to try the buttons then whenever I want to show off this nifty glitch. And I've tried and tried and can't seem to figure out how to put on this thunder jacket thing! (or discover what exactly it is). If someone could PM me a little more info on it I would be much obliged, please! I won't go around telling people, I promise!

Also, my friend and I spent maybe 40 mins. or so working on getting the timing down just right and having Pichu dash in and out real quick to set the trapsphere. We can get it now pretty much every time, so I could see this thing being really useful in a team game!

Lastly, B moves don't recall the thing, right? I tried PK Flash and all the different ones, I think, and nothing happened. And then afterwards did a normal A attack, and hit the opponenet in between me and it. I thought I had remembered reading, though, that PK Flash worked somewhere in the thread although the OP said not.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Only pk thunderblast triggers the trap-sphere of the b-moves, not the normal thunder.

You´ll get to know how jacket is equipped when mofo releases his vid.
i had the info here for 2 days but took it away because of a request.

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by VilNess
Only pk thunderblast triggers the trap-sphere of the b-moves, not the normal thunder.

You´ll get to know how jacket is equipped when mofo releases his vid.
i had the info here for 2 days but took it away because of a request.
Oh, I tried PK thunder, but didn't think to hit myself with it for some reason. I'm gonna go try that here in a bit, I think, to see what it looks like.

And alright, alright, I guess I'll just wait for the video. It'll be another couple weeks, though, won't it! Ack, I'm so impatient. I saw the edited away explanation earlier and cried on the inside.. :-p Maybe I'll figure it out before the video is released, it sure does sound cool.

The Cape

Smash Master
Two updates (not sure if they are new)

The glitch works by sending out your attack in a straight line back to the trap box. Not the whole area.

Secondly you can PK missle and hit someone.

Hope some of this is new.

VilNess

Smash Champion
heh yeah.
Okay: I pulled off thunder jacket in a real match, YEAH :)
to make it cooler it was luigi´s last stock and he was over 90 % so...

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
what is this thunderjacket thing??? i read all these pages and am now dissappointed cuz i cant do the jacket....someone tell me how to do this please..

Top Bottom