• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ The Wolf Matchup Center

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
if you pummel as fast as possible then only the first hit counts towards move refreshing. its still really useful at higher %'s

i think olimars pummel with white pikmin does like 5% a pummel o_O

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wolf doesn't have the best pummel in the game, pretty sure Sonic has the best DPS. Also, move refreshing as GA said :< Pummel is still good, you should always get at least one in above low %s.

:059:

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Close enoughhh xD
It refreshes moves...
Pummel is a move that most wolves do NOT practice.

Honestly getting that 5% added ontop of their 60% helps in the long run.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It's about stale moves, the game keeps track of the last 9 moves you used and the more times a move is in that list the weaker it will be and the less knockback it will do.

ALSO THIS IS NOT THE SOCIAL THREAD ASDVSERV please let's move all of this to the Social, imma lock this thread for a while k? K ;D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
OKAY GUYS TIME TO START THIS UP AGAIN ;D

Since the BBR MU chart has been released, this gives us a good starting-off point for MUs we want to discuss. What on that chart doesn't make sense to you? Put in votes, and whatever we disagree on the most will be the next discussion :3

D

Deleted member

R.O.B. That's the main thing that sticks out for me.

Honestly, everything else doesn't look too bad, and the reason why Wario is listed as harder than D3 is obviously Choice's opinion, so I'm not thrown off as to the reasoning there.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
:wolf:

-3:
:wario:-I don't agree. (-2) Don't get grabbed. Start shooting lasers in mid-close-close range against people who camp air AD all day, they will start taking damage and will have to approach.
:pikachu2:-I don't agree. (-1) Don't get grabbed, wolf destroys this character minus grabs in every phase of the game.

-2:
:dedede:-I don't agree. (-3) If any character trumps wolf, it's D3. His grab range makes "Don't get grabbed" insanely harder than Pika or Wario, and his Pivot grab is godly. His Bair is excellent and we can't really shine him in air if they fast fall properly.

-1: :metaknight: :snake: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :gw: :sheilda: :sheik: :pit: (all okay or I don't have enough experience against character to make an informed opinion)

:rob:-Disagree (even). I get that he can gimp us and tilt us forever, but we can combo him too and shine is great too.

0: :marth: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: :kirby2: :fox: :peach: :dk2:
1: :olimar: :luigi2: :sonic: :ike: :ness2: :lucas: :bowser2:
2: :pt: :yoshi2: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2:
3: :zelda: :ganondorf:

:mario2:-Disagree (even)-There aren't people I know of who have developed Mario well enough yet, but I'm telling you he is designed to shut down Wolf, so I'd put him at even based on my own paranoia.

:samus2:-Disagree (+4)-Wolf is a complete and total counter for Samus, we are talking **** proportions.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Shooting lasers doesn't stop wario. And even worse if you shoot them at a bad range he'll b able to get the grab in because he has mobility. He's as bad as -3, mayb -2. The reason why he's bad is cause even if he doesn't get the grab he's still capable to beat Wolf. The grab just adds to everything

Pika is right too, he still can compete with Wolf without the CG, loses but not that bad, the CG just gives him that adv and makes us have to play their style of game. Easier to keep out then the other two due to his grab range

And the ROB one I can agree too. Mainly because even though he can still get comboed easy (LOL DI) he has disjoints on most of his moves which is weird as ****, n i haven't really seen a good Wolf play a good ROB. His moves have REALLY good range to compete with Wolf's, his ftilt, fair, and his weird *** *** fuel moves. And also one of the only chars that can actually hassle wolf offstage legitly

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
Kain I have practiced with a lot of robs and it all come down to spacing , rob kill moves are very limited , if you out space robs or camp them hard they struggle versus wolf .

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Shooting lasers doesn't stop wario. And even worse if you shoot them at a bad range he'll b able to get the grab in because he has mobility. He's as bad as -3, mayb -2. The reason why he's bad is cause even if he doesn't get the grab he's still capable to beat Wolf. The grab just adds to everything.
You're supposed to be in the air when you shoot lasers. Horizontal zoning beats vertical zoning. Wolf's Bair and Fair prevent Wario from approaching. Wario is like D3, in that they only destroy Wolfs who don't know the match-up or are sloppy in their spacing.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Pane I can understand that I guess it's jus how I feel against ROB I feel he has more options than people give him credit for but I can agree to the camping part being a plus for the MU

Turtl it's true your sposed to be in the air when you shoot lasers but their slow and Wario has full control in the air they usually AD thru most of them. I'm saying blaster isn't a reliable way to keep them out. Wolf's bair and fair don't necessarily stop Wario from approaching. Their good at keeping him out, but he can still get inside if he telegraphs one of your moves

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't see where ROB's advantage on Wolf is. Wolf is good at juggling the crap out of him(isn't a bair combo up to 90% possible?) and also camping him. Though at the same time, I don't think Wolf beats ROB either, at least that's what I've gained from playing Sil. Though, he's a really smart player.

Either way, I think the MU should be even.

D

Deleted member

I actually think it was you who told me that, Seagull. I honestly am not sure, and it's probably more that ROB can be combo'd with Bair before 90%, because the former just sounds impossible. lol

Edit: It could have been Bead as well.

Laem

Smash Champion
wolfs mus on the chart seem reasonable to me
wario with cg really is -3, without it its like -1 at worst.
rob and pit are 0 instead of -1
ic's might be 0
olimar might be 0
pika might be -2

pretty good chart imo

auspher:
im fairly confident such bair strings only work when started at around 10% + while rob is airborne. Bair must be fresh. If you wanna get 90% (lol really THAT much?) you're gonna need alot of stage.
ie: not gonna happen often
i attempt such bair combos fairly often but if the conditions arent exactly met bair is punishable on hit unless you retreat(and retreating definitely means not another bair)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
wolfs mus on the chart seem reasonable to me
wario with cg really is -3, without it its like -1 at worst.
rob and pit are 0 instead of -1
ic's might be 0
olimar might be 0
pika might be -2

pretty good chart imo

auspher:
im fairly confident such bair strings only work when started at around 10% + while rob is airborne. Bair must be fresh. If you wanna get 90% (lol really THAT much?) you're gonna need alot of stage.
ie: not gonna happen often
i attempt such bair combos fairly often but if the conditions arent exactly met bair is punishable on hit unless you retreat(and retreating definitely means not another bair)
I agree with everything T said. Also D3 should be -3 and then it's pretty much perfect as far as matchups that matter go.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
meh, choice did a terrible job. Wolf's only in C tier with this matchup chart -_____________-

WE WANT E TEIR!

Gah777

Smash Lord
So according to the chart, Wolf's worst matchups are Wario and Pikachu (hard counters) and D3 only has a slight advantage... Am I missing something here?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
switch D3 with pika and the high tiers are perfect imo

then put ROB at a slight disadvantage and the whole list is great/accurate for wolf

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i think wolf loses to everyone because I have a harder time with everyone else than i do in wolf dittoes and wolf dittoes are 50:50. Therefore wolf loses to everyone

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
-_______________________-

I'm surprised nobody brought up G&W. There's no way Wolf loses to either him or ROB, imo. But it seems like ROB has the most votes so far so I'll try to get that export running in the near future ;D

Also, so that we can provide more accurate feedback to the BBR, I'm going to make a new thread with Wolf's spread where everyone can make a post stating what they disagree with and why. That way, the BBR can get some community feedback for version 2 ;D

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
ok ish *rolls eyes* we'll try to do some work, just for you :p
i have a couple opinions on the spread now but its pretty good so far

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
-_______________________-

I'm surprised nobody brought up G&W. There's no way Wolf loses to either him or ROB, imo. But it seems like ROB has the most votes so far so I'll try to get that export running in the near future ;D

Also, so that we can provide more accurate feedback to the BBR, I'm going to make a new thread with Wolf's spread where everyone can make a post stating what they disagree with and why. That way, the BBR can get some community feedback for version 2 ;D

I lost to Stingers and beat Chibo. I'm going to play Stingers again on the 19th. A Rob that can continuously beat Bair wall with his Fair, projectile camp, and space well can give Wolf trouble.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i think i know the rob matchup better than any wolf player tbh.

although i'd probably beat any active rob player, he might actually have a slight advantage over us due to some unwinnable counterpicks he has. Otherwise it's close to even on neutrals

also, gull. stop bair walling. it's noob

ALso, the joebot (the rob player who slays wolf worse than turtle) talked about the matchup during the rob matchup discussions on wolf which i still believe holds true today

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7849762&postcount=33

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wait a second.

Wolf has unwinnable CPs vs ROB? If I ban RC, what stage can he take me to that's really so far in his favor? @_@

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wait a second.

Wolf has unwinnable CPs vs ROB? If I ban RC, what stage can he take me to that's really so far in his favor? @_@

Frigate Orphean.

I don't Bair Wall much anymore JJ. It's still really good though and people fall for it, but I know it's only really useful verse like low tiers and Snake lmao.

Top Bottom