• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ The Wolf Matchup Center

Choice

Smash Champion
seriously, i think wolf is the best character on japes.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@Kain: No I mean for other games of the set lol xD

Wolf might be the best character on Japes, idk. Still need some more work to prove that to be true xD It's partially because not a lot of other people know much about Japes imo. There are gay strategies some characters can use to counter our gay strategies :x

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
but teching dthrow is possible like all the tiiiime (except if u grab some1 at the very edge, right?)
this in contrast to DK cargo stagespiking
teching that is ridiculously difficult LOL

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
This is the MU thread, let's keep it to matchups :p

So is everyone good with having an out-of-ten system for matchups and putting stages in each category?

Choice

Smash Champion
yes, i'm in agreement with that statement ishieymoro.

.AC.

Smash Lord
but teching dthrow is possible like all the tiiiime (except if u grab some1 at the very edge, right?)
this in contrast to DK cargo stagespiking
teching that is ridiculously difficult LOL
if you hold up on the control stick, you will break free before he even falls of the ledge (dependent on % and amount of mashing done with the buttons).

Choice

Smash Champion
falco is ridiculous on distant planet. cg-> death =)

Zync

Smash Journeyman
No its a side B from snake lol, if snake had Fsmashesd hed have thrown the turtle xD

Choice

Smash Champion
man, if you could reflect snake's fsmash. that'd be epic.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You can reflect Wario's fart. (information courtesy of Pane/Big Bad Wolf)

And I'm finally through with exams... for now :urg: I'll get to updating this sometime next week :3

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You can reflect Wario's fart. (information courtesy of Pane/Big Bad Wolf)

And I'm finally through with exams... for now :urg: I'll get to updating this sometime next week :3

You cannot reflect Wario's fart.

You can shine him when he farts though and not be damaged.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
auspher is the little wolf that could

the rest of us are the lazy lagabout wolfs that spam and dont help

at least i am

D

Deleted member

So are we gonna put a MU ratio down for the other exports and put out the new ones soon?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm going to get to updating them towards the end of this week when I have more time, but feel free to discuss about stages in the individual threads :3

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
So I dont really play wolf or brawl in general but I just picked him up the other day at beat my friends peach who plays a lot more than me. it seems like wolf has a huge advantage in that fight. I also beat his ZSS. like i said he plays more than me yet i beat him easily.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
you're probably a smarter player than he is then, wolf goes pretty even with the two of them in most cases.

congrats

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
basically blaster spam and bair spacing into fsmashes. since that bair is so beast and has no lag. it took a while to kill him but i was never in a bad posistion

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
basically blaster spam and bair spacing into fsmashes. since that bair is so beast and has no lag. it took a while to kill him but i was never in a bad posistion

wolf has an underused camping game which i think is fun to use but it seems all wolfs agree that camping is really boring and lame so no one does it, i can't even stomach it for too long. Even though it helps out quite a bit.

bair dancing is beast, follow the castor

castorpollux

Smash Champion
wolf has an underused camping game which i think is fun to use but it seems all wolfs agree that camping is really boring and lame so no one does it, i can't even stomach it for too long. Even though it helps out quite a bit.

bair dancing is beast, follow the castor
blaster camping isnt bad. it's just i haven't seen a wolf do it correctly yet (not enough research has been done on blaster yet)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i didnt say its bad :O just that no one does it enough for it to be well known.
basically what you said :p we should research it though, wolfs blaster is really useful and annoying, especially against snake

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i didnt say its bad :O just that no one does it enough for it to be well known.
basically what you said :p we should research it though, wolfs blaster is really useful and annoying, especially against snake
well basically, how to camp against a character is different for each character. For instance against metaknight you can shoot blaster safely until a certain distance (nobody has researched what exactly this distance is)

Against an approaching snake, you can fire your blaster safely until a certain distance (nobody has researched what exactly this distance is)

against a campy snake, you can't fire your blaster safely all the time. you have to be smart about when he uses his grenades (nobody has really done thourough research on this)

against diddy kong, you can only fire your blaster safely at a certain distance when he isn't holding a banana, and a different distance when he isn't holding a banana.

against falco, you probably can out blaster camp him if he is just spamming sh dl. you probably have to duck (to dodge the top laser) and then shine the 2nd one as its coming then jump out of shine blaster. (tkd style)

etc...

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah i see what you mean, there's lots of untapped potential there, too bad we're all too lazy to figure our way through it all xD

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
luckily auspher came along to pick up the slack i guess then, too bad jcav and asaph arent around though, they were always good at testing new things for us :(

castorpollux

Smash Champion
luckily auspher came along to pick up the slack i guess then, too bad jcav and asaph arent around though, they were always good at testing new things for us :(
i've tested out combos pretty thoroughly actually. i highly doubt there's any wolf combo i haven't discovered/already know about yet

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
does jab1>utilt work at all?

i'm awful at getting anything to work out of jabs other than jab1>grab :/

been trying jab1>jab2 run away then bair and it works sometimes but i mess up the spacing a lot

Top Bottom