• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wild Dragon Girl - Iris for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
"Iris joins the league!"

Now for many, I might believe you would find Iris an odd Unova PKMN Rep, or even SSB4's main new Poke-Rep in general.

However, one can't deny she's memorable too, unless you owned Black only and didn't bother to get Black or White 2. And even then the anime made her presence quite of a mainstay throughout Gen V.

So why Iris? I think because if taking inspiration from her anime-appearances, Iris would be a more unique type of a fighter coming from Pokemon-series: she actually takes part in the battle and fights on her own, joined by Axew.

Iris would be a stance fighter-archetype in this fashion: she's fast and nimble in her moves and attacks, but comes out as quite weak despite being easy to dish out. However, her Axew possesses moderate knockback and power in his attacks, which are reserved for Smashes and Specials, and even some aerials.​

Pros:
- Widely recognizable Pokemon-character from Gen V, both game and anime-wise.
- Has potential to break the mold between Pokemon-reps by not being either a trainer who commands PKMN or is yet another individual PKMN fighter.
- Has the wild girl-charm that would add to the quite variable and personality-filled cast of SSB
- Seems an unexpected, yet perhaps a sensible choice when looking for something unique and recognizable to the Smash's audience (similar Rosalina?)

Arguments:
- Not very likely over most expected picks for SSB4's Pokemon-rep (Mewtwo, Genesect, N, etc), despite GameFreak shedding quite an importance on her during Gen V.
- Seems to be rather unpopular in the fandom and maybe even around PKMN TV-staff (her anime special didn't even air yet despite Cilan's been around since eons ago.

You can bring more arguments in. I don't truly believe she has the likeliest chances- but I really like this character and I'd eager to imagine out how she'd work in Smash. And perhaps dream a bit too. She seems something unique and has recognizability on her side. (Plus Champion in B&W2)

Overview

- W.I.P-

Movesets

- W.I.P-

(Some concepts: Stance character who switches between Speed & Power Stances ala Dragon Dance, changing Axew's Position on certain moves. Iris has fast, but weak moves in default, using Axew only for Specials and Smashes. When switching up however, Axew takes over her moves, but in exchange more lag and proneness to whiff.)

Morbi

Scavenger
I did own Black and White but not Black and White 2. :troll:

I don't know, prominence and prevalence in an anime hasn't gotten a certain character anywhere before... Meowth.

It is a cool concept, one that I would support over Genesect or Victini... or whatever Pokemon people think will work. Blaziken is the most likely obscure Pokemon in my mind, but this would at least be something entirely out of the box whilst retaining justification. I support.

D

Deleted member

Arf, I had the idea to make this thread too. Oh well.

Here are some images I've requested from one of my IVL buddies for the fun :

As for Iris, I would prefer N for the spot as a new Pokemon Trainer over her, but I wouldn't mind if she gets over him as I pretty like her (and wild girls by extension. *rrrr*).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom