• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Twins of Renais: Ephraim/Eirika for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ephraim and Eirika

Ephraim is the crown prince of Renais and Eirika's older twin brother. He is a serene man and his weapon is vicious when need be. His skill with a Lance is unsurpassed by any other in his country. He is also an excellent tactician whose motto is "I don't pick fights I cannot win." He has a semi-friendly rivalry with Prince Innes of Frelia and is also good friends with Prince Lyon of Grado. He wears the Solar Brace which is one of a pair of bracelets that together grant access to Renais' Sacred Stone. Eirika is from Renais, and is the first person you can play in the game, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. She can only promote with the Lunar Brace, which you receive later in the game. Her father is King Fado and her brother is Prince Ephraim. She is the future queen of Renais (or if she has an A level support with Innes, Frelia). Fans want Ephraim to represent a different weapon, while others wanted Eirika for more female representation. Why not put the two of them in a tag team (like Pokemon Trainer) since they traveled together at some points in Sacred Stones. This would also make them unique compared to other possible Fire Emblem candidates. Sacred Stones was a vastly underrated Fire Emblem game yet it eventually became a Ambassador's GBA game for the 3DS recently. They both also appear as DLC characters in Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3DS.

The Twins Moveset

[COLLAPSE="Twins Moveset"]Stats: Ephraim would have slightly higher defense and attack, but Eirika would have higher speed and better accuracy.
Moveset:

Ephraim:
Standard_Combo (Holding A): Ephraim moves his right hand towards the end of the lance (not all the way) while his left hand holds near the blade. 1. Hits with the end of the lance 2. Hits with the blade (NOT the sharp edge)
Side_Tilt: Horizontal Slash: Minor Lag
Up_Tilt: Brings the lance over his head and spins it 3x. Does 3-6 consecutive hits.
Down_Tilt: Leg Sweep: Minor Lag (Meteor Smash - has to be near the edge)
Side_Smash: Brings his back leg forward and thrusts the lance forward (the animation of Ephraim's attack as a Lord). The blade shines gold for effect.
Up_Smash: Puts the lance behind him, holds the end with his left hand and swings down.
Down_Smash: Puts the lance on the ground behind him and swings it forward, then back. A few sparks fly out for effect.
Dash_Attack: At his side, he brings the lance forward and spins it 4x. Does 4-8 consecutive hits.
Nair: Spins around with the lance out.
Fair: Horizontal Slash
Upair: Does a flash kick
Bair: Swings the end of the lance horizontally (turning him around)
Dair: Stomps down and thrusts the end of the lance down at the same time (Meteor Smash - Has to be on top)

Grab: Grabs as if he was going to choke somebody. Low lag in his Dash_Grab.
Grab_Attack: Punches with the lance hand (the lance is near his chest while grabbing)
Front_Throw: Lunges them forward
Up_Throw: Throws up, then slashes
Back_Throw: Moves them back, does a roundhouse kick to turn around, and "bats" them away. Not too much lag.
Down_Throw: Throws down, then swings with the end of the lance. Moves them back.

B: Siegmund- Jabs forward with a flame embedded lance.
<B> Hand Axe- Throws out two axes. It can't be controlled but is a rather quick attack.

Up B- Sword Spin. Works like the sword user's critical attack in Sacred Stones. He jumps in the air curls up and does a spin attack with his sword that moves slightly over.
Down B- Support- Eirika comes from the background of the stage and shields any incoming attacks with her staff magic before taking over for Ephraim.
Final Smash- Solar Brace- Ephraim hops on his mount and rushes the stage attacking with Siegmund, which becomes encased with large amount of Fire.

Taunts

Side Taunt: Ephraim says, "I don't pick fights I cannot win," while spinning his spear in both hands.
Up Taunt: Ephraim raises his spear above his head in a battle ready pose.
Down Taunt: Ephraim looks to both side of himself seriously with his weapon in hand.

Costumes: Black (Default); Red; Green; White; Blue

Kirby Hat: His Light green hair

Eirika:

Standard_Combo (Holding A): Eirika moves pulls back her rapier with her right hand. 1. Swing right. 2. Swing left. 3. Stabs continuously.
Side_Tilt: Horizontal Slash: Minor Lag
Up_Tilt: Thrust the rapier above her head.
Down_Tilt: Leg Sweep: Minor Lag
Side_Smash: Does a powerful thrust with her blade. The blade shines silver for effect.
Up_Smash: She swings her rapiers wildly above her head. A few sparks fly out for effect.
Down_Smash: She swings her rapier to both sides of her.
Dash_Attack: She lunges at the foe with a stab from her rapier.
Nair: Swings her rapier twice.
Fair: Horizontal Slash
Upair: Swings her rapier around above her head.
Bair: Does a backwards stab
Dair: Downwards swing.

Grab: Grabs as if she is pinching them. High lag in her Dash_Grab.
Grab_Attack: Punches with the rapier hand (the rapier is near her chest while grabbing)
Front_Throw: Fencing thrust
Up_Throw: Throws up, then slashes
Back_Throw: Moves them back, does a backhand slice.
Down_Throw: Throws down, then stabs with the rapier.

B- Sieglinde- Does a downward strike with the electric charged sword.
<B> Longbow- Can hold down B to make it more powerful and faster, or can be used in quick succession.

Up B- Warp- Uses her staff and combines the items Warp and Rewarp. It can be controlled slightly. This move itself doesn't cause any damage. However, Eirika warps a short distance, appears and and has enough time to launch a quick attack, before warping away.
Down B- Support- Ephraim comes from the background, and shields any incoming attacks with his shield, before taking over for Eirika.
Final Smash- Lunar Brace- Eirika hops on her mount, and rushes the stage attacking with an extra electrical charged Seiglinde.

Taunts

Side Taunt: Eirika holds her staff and giggles while mildly twisting it.
Up Taunt: Eirika points her rapier forward and says "Get ready!"
Down Taunt: Eirika does a forwards (screen) facing stance with her eyes closed and hands outstretched while holding her staff. Then a blue portal appears under her and emits sparkles to engulf her body during the stance.

Costumes: Brown (Default); Red; Green; Blue; Black

Kirby Hat: Her Light blue hair[/COLLAPSE]

Discuss

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since when do anime girls wear so much? It isn't like that in the stuff I watch

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This would be very cool, I support.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
the costumes would work out nicely, representing both their appearences in Sacred Stones and Awakening, much like Wario. like most Fire Emblem characters, they have a LOT of potential for a Smash Bros. game. those movesets are quite good, combining their abilities from Sacred Stones with their new abilites from Awakening, and thus, representing two Fire Emblem games.

now imagine Mario and Luigi vs. Ephraim and Eirika...

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea how Eirika is going to move with that dress on. IT BOTHERS ME.
Ephraim still looks as awesome as ever.
But yea, it'd be pretty awesome to see them in SSB4

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That dress really doesn't look like something you would want to see getting dirty... Then again, Peach and Zelda have no problems. I think I'd prefer to see them in their alternate costumes. They definitely do look like interesting fighters though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sacred Stones is by far the best FE game to date. I would be ecstatic for one of these characters to be included. However, I believe Ike is seen as the modern face for FE nowadays, and Marth as the classic face. If they add another character, I can only see it being from Ike's games, like the black knight.

Here's to hoping!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Haven't played Sacred Stones, but Ephiram would be interesting, since(from what I can tell) he uses lances rather than swords, which could be really unique.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I'm for Ephraim specifically, what a unique and interesting Lord.
I Support the Twins!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I shall revive this thread showing how the FS work

I support them but it's not very likely we will see'em

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would have supported Ephraim if he were more likely. A lance user really interests me.

Here's to hoping that we get a prequel/sequel to Sacred Stones. :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If only. If only.

Ephraim. You'll be forever one of the coolest Lords.

Ruined by ****ty caps maybe, but you're still wicked awesome.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
My support for this couldn't be any higher especially for ephraim. He is my favorite of all time ever. By far my most wanted character in super smash bros. but alas it likely will never come to fruition. Here's to hoping he is represented well in SMT x FE and if the gods really shine down on me, that he can maybe be a super smashing contender

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Fixed the main post since the original image broke.

I'm looking forward to what role the twins would play in the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem game. IF each lord gets to have a demon to partner with, I wonder which ones would suit them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Update: Fixed the main post since the original image broke.

I'm looking forward to what role the twins would play in the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem game. IF each lord gets to have a demon to partner with, I wonder which ones would suit them.
In case you didn't notice, there's a typo on the thread's title: it is written SBB4 instead of SSB4.

Just saying.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am NOT a fan of Eirika's new class and design. At all.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I am NOT a fan of Eirika's new class and design. At all.
I wouldn't hold anything in the awakening DLC as remotely canon. Its not so much Eirika's class as it is her showcasing a class. I mean after the light priestess Micaiah gets stuck using dark magic, its safe to say that these designs aren't actually adding to the characters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wouldn't hold anything in the awakening DLC as remotely canon. Its not so much Eirika's class as it is her showcasing a class. I mean after the light priestess Micaiah gets stuck using dark magic, its safe to say that these designs aren't actually adding to the characters.
Don't say that in front of a Roy fan. *snickers*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Signatures for the Renais twins! Available in both Sacred Stones and Awakening artworks.

Edit: In the thread title, Ephraim is written as "Emphraim."
Guess I'm being a Grammar Nazi... (-_-);

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Signatures for the Renais twins! Available in both Sacred Stones and Awakening artworks.

Edit: In the thread title, Ephraim is written as "Emphraim."
Guess I'm being a Grammar Nazi... (-_-);
It's cool. This thread hasn't been seen much to the point of me knowing these mistakes. That's the problem with having big hands.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Why do people dislike Eirika's bride artwork? Among the disliked DLC artworks I understand the reasoning of them like Ike looking completely weird and Micaiah's broken legs and non existant nose but Eirika's is actually very well made artistically and is one of the more beautiful artworks to me. I think the dislike for it stems from her portrayal as a non-swordfighter than the artwork.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why do people dislike Eirika's bride artwork? Among the disliked DLC artworks I understand the reasoning of them like Ike looking completely weird and Micaiah's broken legs and non existant nose but Eirika's is actually very well made artistically and is one of the more beautiful artworks to me. I think the dislike for it stems from her portrayal as a non-swordfighter than the artwork.
The artwork actually looks good, if not one of the best. People are just hating on her for being Bride class, which, let's face it, is completely random and out of place.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People dislike the bride artwork because it doesn't show her manliness seen in Sacred Stones.

Though, it IS beautiful from an artistic point of view.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I never really understood the hate for Eireka's artwork either. She looks great to me. Then again, I never played her game before so it may have something to do with her old design...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People dislike the bride artwork because it doesn't show her manliness seen in Sacred Stones.

Though, it IS beautiful from an artistic point of view.
Oh, you mean Intelligent Systems beautiful? :troll:
Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh:

Anyway, I agree. From an artistic standpoint, she looks great. I think the Bride class could have gone to another character instead of Eirika.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't have problems with the art, it's with the fact that this complete badass was demoted to bride class simply because she has a vagina.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think the bride class could fit Elincia better, both of them are very lady like but Elincia was more damnsel-in distress than Eirika. Granted both of them grew out of it but Elincia hired Ike, Eirika instead of hiring someone took the stand on her own. Just my two cents, I like both characters and acknowledge the growth of both. Elincia is also one of the more respectable characters in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom