• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
For what unbiased reason should we do this? Under a factual premise, what is the reason? I don't want qualitative analysis of M2K's character/behavior/this apology, for what premise should we disregard an agreed-upon signed-in-agreement rule that is supported by factual information?
I tell you what, you give us an exact replica of the charge that is being put on Jason and Wyatt in formal notation and then you will see what we mean.

Life

Smash Hero
It's good for them because they obviously don't want Brawl next year. They want to replace it with that bad Reach game. At least they picked up SC2 so they get tiny bit of credibility.
And this is the key to whether MLG drops Brawl or not. Will a game like HR do better than Brawl? (As a MS/Halo hater myself, I don't think I can say this clearly, but I suspect it would.) For MLG, is dropping Brawl for HR, keeping Brawl, or adding HR without dropping Brawl best for the long-term bottom line?

Sync.

Smash Champion
The king has balls. Machiavelli's prince. Good job I'm glad you actually stepped up and took the most virtuous option.

Also everyone who talks badly about corporations knows nothing about economics and needs to get their facts straight.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
And this is the key to whether MLG drops Brawl or not. Will a game like HR do better than Brawl? (As a MS/Halo hater myself, I don't think I can say this clearly, but I suspect it would.) For MLG, is dropping Brawl for HR, keeping Brawl, or adding HR without dropping Brawl best for the long-term bottom line?
no one cares about MLG brawl outside of competitive brawlers

lots of halo fanboys so more money for them

OverLade

Smash Hero
Even if Dallas caps they won't keep brawl so who cares?

no one go
Dude STFU if you actually had a chance of winning money you'd definitely go no matter who got banned. If anything this encourages some people to go regardless of the negative effects of the community. MLG dropping brawl is definitely one of the worst things that could happen.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Instead of thinking with sentiments, everyone (those getting touchy about two incredibly skilled and awesome people making one bad judgment, those who are merely bias because they prefer melee over brawl, and those @ MLG) should be thinking with their heads.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Dude STFU if you actually had a chance of winning money you'd definitely go no matter who got banned. If anything this encourages some people to go regardless of the negative effects of the community. MLG dropping brawl is definitely one of the worst things that could happen.
MLG is gonna drop brawl anyways

go there get your 12k, while there banned, and roll out

GG

It find it interesting that a sort of community apology is allowed to remain unlocked and discussed about, but some other threads are not and were locked. Interesting...

RATED

Smash Lord
No johns M2k, Is tiring to read you say "you are having a day off" or "your controller this or that" everytime you lose to someone.

not to be a hater but... if this was happening to a "random player" this kinds of threads won't exist, M2k not to be an *** but most people that are defending you are doing so bcuz you are THE top player and not because you are good person( as you seem to be at least from what I have seen in the boards you seem like a good person).

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Any more talk of boycotting MLG (extremely dumb obviously) will result in a custom, three point infraction. I haven't dished out any infractions yet because technically, it's not against the rules, but it is now.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
No johns M2k, Is tiring to read you say "you are having a day off" or "your controller this or that" everytime you lose to someone.

not to be a hater but... if this was happening to a "random player" this kinds of threads won't exist, M2k not to be an *** but most people that are defending you are doing so bcuz you are THE top player and not because you are good person( as you seem to be at least from what I have seen in the boards you seem like a good person).
You stay in Puerto Rico and we will stay in America

BASED GOD!!!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
basically mods meatride M2K

but if I did this and made this thread it would be auto-locked

basically, M2Ks large sphere of influence keeps this open

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
By agreeing to give M2k any of the money, it shows that he was backing up the previously made agreement for M2k giving him the win. More so, ADHD opted to lie to officials once he was Dqed.
That makes no sense... you do realize that? right?

At the time of the offer, ADHD remained quiet. At that point, no rule was broken. no bribe/ agreement was made.

After winning the tourney, wyatt probably felt bad and decided to give Jason money, of his own accord, it didnt even need to be from the MLG check.

i dont see how it's hard for you to understand.

and i quoted this on like page 5 so forgive me if other people have told you that u were at at fault already.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Any more talk of boycotting MLG (extremely dumb obviously) will result in a custom, three point infraction. I haven't dished out any infractions yet because technically, it's not against the rules, but it is now.
I think this post makes my point entirely. You're digging a bigger hole, the fact that it says MLG next to your name doesn't really help....

Saffy

Smash Ace
Respect.

But don't blame your controller on your losses ..

Also you guys are probably going to really make Brawl get dropped from MLG, with all the drama your making, It's really making us look like we can't handle having this privilege. , actin like teenagers... Act mature when dealing with these situations. >_>

D

Deleted member

i understand that a moderator's job is to tell people when to stop posting, but actively choosing to police the ignorant is going to look sloppy on your part. MLG can speak for themselves.

Trillion

Smash Ace
By the rules of MLG, he did something wrong by conspiring to change the outcome of the results.

He did not conspire to change the outcome of the results. It was the loser's semis. Either he would be facing Rich Brown in the end or ADHD would. By his own testimony, he did not throw the match so that ADHD could play Rich Brown. He didn't want to play because he didn't think he could beat ADHD in the first place. He tried to play anyway, but lost. The only conspiring was about pot splitting, there was no joint intent to force Rich Brown to face ADHD so that ADHD could take first.

Unless you think he is lying, in which case, it hasn't been proven the M2K threw the match, just the went into it thinking he couldn't win.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
In light of Vegas, DC, and now the responses we're seeing in this thread, it is obvious that the Brawl community is simply not mature enough to handle a professional environment like MLG. When tens of thousands of dollars in prize money are on the line and corporate sponsors are involved, professionalism and ethics become very important.

The fact that every player involved in the Vegas fiasco is openly discussing what occurred there is enough to show that this community has some serious ethical problems. The majority of the players involved are sponsored, and yet they are openly sharing stories about pre-determined splits, match fixing, and bribes as if there's nothing ethically wrong with these actions.

Don't get me wrong, if the Vegas tournament wasn't a sponsored event, the players involved weren't sponsored, and Brawl wasn't hosted in a legitimate environment such as MLG, then I could care less about what these players do with their money. The situation changes entirely when you have professional entities involved that are investing money out of their own pockets to put on these events.

Discussing pre-determined splits was an absolutely horrible idea. The event turning into the huge fiasco it did, I say that every player involved deserved every bit of drama and bad publicity they received. Ideally, the players should have known better, realized their responsibilities as representatives of their sponsors - and as some of the top players in this community, the community as a whole - and not have engaged in any such behavior. If they really wanted to split the winnings that badly, they should have played the tournament out and discussed any splitting/gifting/whathaveyou of money afterward in complete privacy. How these players do not realize that openly discussing such events in front of the eyes of professional sponsors is outright embarrassing and damaging to our community's reputation is beyond me.

MLG is trying to get professional gaming recognized as a legitimate sport. You never see players in professional athletic sports openly discussing bribes and match fixing. At most, all you hear is rumors. What do you think MLG's sponsors will think of Brawl players participating in such unethical behavior? Sponsors are the only reason MLG exists. They are MLG's primary source of funding. If anything is happening that could jeopardize MLG's sponsorship funding, they must take immediate action against it. In light of Brawl's poor turnout and this scandal, I don't see MLG continuing to host Brawl even if Dallas caps.

Why do you think the Brawl community has such a poor reputation with other competitive gaming communities? Sure, some of it is unfounded, but is ALL of it? I don't think so. The Brawl community has much maturing to do before it is ready for the professional spotlight. Everyone, please take these recent incidents as wake-up call. If we do not grow up and start acting more professional, Brawl will never see the professional spotlight ever again.

Kaffei

Smash Hero