• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
As I'm sure you guys are aware, there's a new leak supposedly depicting the character select screen from the E3/Best Buy/Invitational demo.

It's looking pretty legit at this point. The level of detail makes it very hard to debunk, and the people who are still trying are really grasping at straws. It also lines up pretty well with the Gematsu leak as far as we can tell, although none of those unannounced characters are actually pictured so that leak is still up in the air. Good news is that there's 51 character slots with clear spaces for Ridley, K. Rool, and maybe even Snake if there's no random slot! Bad news is that it looks like Zelda only has five: Link and Zelda are shown, and the locked slots presumably belong to Sheik, Toon Link, and Ganondorf. Obviously this isn't a sure fire deconfirmation, but it may be good to start the grieving process now so that we've reached acceptance by the time the game comes out. Despite being one of Tingle's most fervent supporters, I'm actually okay with him not making it so long as there isn't another Zelda newcomer who made it instead, because that would be nonsensical and infuriating. If this leak is true, then it's clear that Zelda's not getting a newcomer, so I'm okay with Tingle remaining an Assist Trophy, which seems to be the most likely scenario at this point.

And yet... this is a melancholy occasion. Goodnight sweet prince.

Last edited:

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Tingle is the last one of my non-mainstream wishes. Well, if this is true, then at least we have Rool and Ridley. And no Ghirahim who is already the old Shia :troll:

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
As I'm sure you guys are aware, there's a new leak supposedly depicting the character select screen from the E3/Best Buy/Invitational demo.

It's looking pretty legit at this point. The level of detail makes it very hard to debunk, and the people who are still trying are really grasping at straws. It also lines up pretty well with the Gematsu leak as far as we can tell, although none of those unannounced characters are actually pictured so that leak is still up in the air. Good news is that there's 51 character slots with clear spaces for Ridley, K. Rool, and maybe even Snake if there's no random slot! Bad news is that it looks like Zelda only has five: Link and Zelda are shown, and the locked slots presumably belong to Sheik, Toon Link, and Ganondorf. Obviously this isn't a sure fire deconfirmation, but it may be good to start the grieving process now so that we've reached acceptance by the time the game comes out. Despite being one of Tingle's most fervent supporters, I'm actually okay with him not making it so long as there isn't another Zelda newcomer who made it instead, because that would be nonsensical and infuriating. If this leak is true, then it's clear that Zelda's not getting a newcomer, so I'm okay with Tingle remaining an Assist Trophy, which seems to be the most likely scenario at this point.

And yet... this is a melancholy occasion. Goodnight sweet prince.

Ah but Tingle could represent his own series.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It is a silly leak. Has nothing going for it. I put no stock in it.

Speculator

Smash Ace
It is a silly leak. Has nothing going for it. I put no stock in it.
This. Everyone and their grandmother is making fake SSB4 character select screens, and "this looks pretty legit" isn't exactly concrete reasoning to believe this one. I also question why 'colors' would suddenly become a menu option when in every previous game you just select a character and hit the shield button to change palettes. Furthermore the back of Marth's head looks like it was poorly cut out in an editing program, which seems especially odd since hi-res renders with blank backgrounds of all the characters are readily available on the official site.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
This. Everyone and their grandmother is making fake SSB4 character select screens, and "this looks pretty legit" isn't exactly concrete reasoning to believe this one. I also question why 'colors' would suddenly become a menu option when in every previous game you just select a character and hit the shield button to change palettes. Furthermore the back of Marth's head looks like it was poorly cut out in an editing program, which seems especially odd since hi-res renders with blank backgrounds of all the characters are readily available on the official site.
If anything, those anomalies you mentioned lend credibility, because why would someone who's trying to make a convincing fake leave them in? Also, I'm pretty well acquainted with Photoshop, and something with this much detail would take days. Not really worth it to troll a bunch of people but believe what you want to.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Now with the CSS Leak dead, Tingle shines again in full glory. I kinda doubt that we get to see him at the E3 (if we don't get ALL newcomers), since he isn't that much of a hypecharacter. But then, we got Wii Fit Trainer, so...

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
So guys, where is your hype for our Happy Map Salesman? Despite looking like a small fish besides Kommerad Rool , Mew2 and Ridley, we still have quite some chance for him being playable. And if not, then lets hope he doesn't get trophyslaughtered.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys. As everyone is saying, maybe he's an unlockable character in Hyrule Warriors.
With all due respect, that doesn't necessarily mean he's out of the game

There are several threads who still have their threads up despite an entity who share the same character they're supporting is out of the game. I won't point fingers but you know which threads I'm talking about.

Just like those threads have the right to be up, this thread does to. Plus anyway, it was Windwaker Tingle. Not DS Tingle we know from Rosy rupee land and Balloon flight. It's like comparing Link and Toon Link. He still isn't out of the game, just like those other supporters in different threads aren't.

My two cents. And as far as I was concerned, the majority of SSB4 Tingle supporters were focused on the main star of the DS series. Not the WW one.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, it gives room for Tetra, so I get that going for me :awesome:

But Tingle is also a character I like, and I kinda wanted him.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I was coming to bring the bad news, only to see it had already arrived.
I'll look for Tingle in Hyrule Warriors.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sorry guys. As everyone is saying, maybe he's an unlockable character in Hyrule Warriors.
Oh, imagine that! That would be pretty awesome! But I doubt Nintendo wants to lose sales by hurting haters' butts. :rolleyes: :ohwell:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How would everyone react if Tingle was in, but was a complete joke character and worse than Pichu in Melee?

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Absolutely. My main is SoulCalibur 5 is Dampierre after all.
Also, when I say "maining Tingle", it's as a sub main of course. No way he could replace Zelda and Palutena :awesome:
So, is this confirmation that Palutena is F tier?

What if he's in Hyrule Warriors in the same way? (An intentionally bad joke character.)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, is this confirmation that Palutena is F tier?
Ahah, it is not. :laugh: I also main some characters that have a better place, like Wario. And honestly, I don't really care about tier lists in fact. Just play the characters you like!

What if he's in Hyrule Warriors in the same way? (An intentionally bad joke character.)
I would be a challenge at least. Again, just play the characters you like, instead of the best characters. You simply have more fun, and sometimes you do wonders!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ahah, it is not. :laugh: I also main some characters that have a better place, like Wario. And honestly, I don't really care about tier lists in fact. Just play the characters you like!

I would be a challenge at least. Again, just play the characters you like, instead of the best characters. You simply have more fun, and sometimes you do wonders!
What if his attacks are all Koolo-limpa, and they all do nothing? :troll:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I'm starting to wonder if there's male characters in Hyrule Warriors, besides Link :laugh:

I'm not complaining, though. They even managed to make OoT's Great Fairies look good :troll:

Groose

Smash Champion
Tingle! Tingle!

Kooloo-Limpah!

Become... playable!

This is the magic Mii that Groose created copied himself! Please steal it!

In all seriousness, it was sad to see one of my top ten fall. I think I may use a Tingle Mii Fighter; I'm not sure how good it'll be, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom