• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Well, if you have the version 6.0 (not 6.1), you will have some problems adding new icons, although it is still possible. But the only thing you have to do is put your icons in the "images" folder (in png format, and keeping the same size and name structure of the other ones) and then add them with the "Add new character icons" button. They should now appear in the list of characters under the category "Special".
Also, if you dont want them in the "Special" category you can change the character discription

Jakor

Smash Ace
You know that there is an edit button right? Instead of posting 4 posts in a row, you could have just edited the same one.

I am so gonna add that Tetris Block in the next version though.

Anyway, here are the icons Gibdo Knight made for Totodile, Bayleef and Typhlosion:

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh!! I have an idea for the next version.
What if, in addition to values such as "Newcomer" and "Veteran", you could also sort to see only "Confirmed" characters?

Jakor

Smash Ace
That would be a good idea. I'm taking note of it. :)

There are many things I want to add in the next version. It's gonna be a lot of work. I'm kinda lazy these days, and it's summer, so don't expect an update anytime soon though. :)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Whenever the new Smash Bros. Roster Maker comes out, we need to use Olimar's new picture because HE'S CONFIRMED, BABY!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone brought up changing "Pokémon Trainer" to "Kanto Trainer" in the Brawl roster? Right now it's just a blank space. Maybe his name should just be reverted to Pokémon Trainer, considering that was his name in the last game and that there is no other image file with that exact name (there are trainers for specific regions but a generic Pokémon trainer).

BMan7705

Smash Rookie
Hey, I think it would be cool if you made a way to add our own custom characters! You could do something like a) add a feature like this to the software where you can add an image and write the name, or b) we could add our own files using the template. Just a suggestion!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I hate asking again, but is there someone that can make Gabumon, Gatomon, V-Mon, Patamon, Renamon, Rhydon and Nidorina?

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I think it would be cool if you made a way to add our own custom characters! You could do something like a) add a feature like this to the software where you can add an image and write the name, or b) we could add our own files using the template. Just a suggestion!
Woah that's such a crazy suggestion because it's not like there's already a way to do that or anything!!

Use the templates, create an image, save it in the images folder as "Icon(Character Name)".png and then press the Add New Character Icons button in the File menu of your Roster Maker. It's easy enough that a baby can do it.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Has anyone brought up changing "Pokémon Trainer" to "Kanto Trainer" in the Brawl roster? Right now it's just a blank space. Maybe his name should just be reverted to Pokémon Trainer, considering that was his name in the last game and that there is no other image file with that exact name (there are trainers for specific regions but a generic Pokémon trainer).
There is a "Pokémon Trainer" icon in the Roster Maker. If you get a blank space that appears after loading a roster, that means that the image file for that specific character is not present in the "images" folder. So the needed image file for said character could have been either deleted or renamed.

As Fawfulcopter mentioned just above, there is already a way to add custom icons to the Roster Maker. But if you're talking about making a function for creating an icon by uploading an image and entering a name, I already tried implementing something like that before, and while it worked, the image quality of the icons made that way were always of pretty bad quality.

BMan7705

Smash Rookie
Woah that's such a crazy suggestion because it's not like there's already a way to do that or anything!!

Use the templates, create an image, save it in the images folder as "Icon(Character Name)".png and then press the Add New Character Icons button in the File menu of your Roster Maker. It's easy enough that a baby can do it.
Gee, sorry...

As Fawfulcopter mentioned just above, there is already a way to add custom icons to the Roster Maker. But if you're talking about making a function for creating an icon by uploading an image and entering a name, I already tried implementing something like that before, and while it worked, the image quality of the icons made that way were always of pretty bad quality.]
Aw, that stinks! But thanks anyways!

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Yo I just had a super clever idea. In addition to having Nintendo characters, also have icons for letters of the alphabet so we can like, spell out words and junk on the sidelines of our rosters or whatevers. Numbers too. That'd be vaguely cool.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Yo I just had a super clever idea. In addition to having Nintendo characters, also have icons for letters of the alphabet so we can like, spell out words and junk on the sidelines of our rosters or whatevers. Numbers too. That'd be vaguely cool.
I'm not sure whether something like that would be more useful or more cumbersome, but I'll try to see what I can do to implement some feature like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was just messing around with the Roster Maker and found a really amusing error.

Under the character info for Agatha, from the Pokemon series, her gender is listed as "Both." :laugh:

Jakor

Smash Ace
Thank you for finding that! I do a lot of copy and paste for setting the attributes of a character, and seeing as most Pokémon are of both gender, this error isn't surprising. It's good you can change it yourself though, but I will fix it in a future version.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's another bug I noticed, but I'm not sure if it's just a problem on my end. When I try to move an icon, it doesn't let me move it. When I drag it, it stops once it reaches the icon's border. This occurred both on the 6.0 and the 6.1. Anything you might know to fix this?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Here's another bug I noticed, but I'm not sure if it's just a problem on my end. When I try to move an icon, it doesn't let me move it. When I drag it, it stops once it reaches the icon's border. This occurred both on the 6.0 and the 6.1. Anything you might know to fix this?
Hmm... I don't know what exactly is the problem you're talking about. Are you still able to move some icons from one square to another, or none at all?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm unable to move them at all.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Hey, first time posting on these forums. Wanted to say this was a lot of fun to work with, thank you for making it. Here is mine by the way.

Also, here are the icons i made for it for anyone who wants them.

IconTerra Branford (2).png

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I keep getting messages saying i can only upload one of the icons per message for some reason, so heres the Bayonetta one i did.
IconBayonetta (2).png

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
And heres the masked link one i did
IconMasked Link (2).png

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
The right side of the window is cut off midway through the clear button. Do you have any idea how to fix this? I'm also getting an error when I open it that says C:\...\SSB Roster Maker-v.6.1\MSVCR100.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Can someone make a Jack Frost one due to the recent Atlus rumors? I would but my photoshop isn't running properly :/

Top Bottom