• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I've never poster here before but I have been reading these forums. Anyway so I'm like new here and I was wondering if there's a way to add Epic Mickey, Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar to the program and then tell me how to update it to get them? Please?
Here's my Icons of those characters if you're interested.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I find the lack of F-Zero pilots disturbing... but I made some

Btw I'm new to making these, so I don't know it it's 100% right, but I hope Jokar can add these to the next update, with blue background if possible, I will keep on making some more soon :)

Jakor

Smash Ace
I find the lack of F-Zero pilots disturbing... but I made some

Btw I'm new to making these, so I don't know it it's 100% right, but I hope Jokar can add these to the next update, with blue background if possible, I will keep on making some more soon :)
Nice work there! White icons are perfectly fine and I'll gladly accept them, though the user Gibdo Knight is more skilled than me to put a blue background to the icons, so I'll have to ask him for that.

Edit: I would prefer if you separate all of the icons in different images so it will be easier to save them on my computer. ;)

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
Last time I checked, the Random icon was still there. Maybe you're not looking at the right place. I'm not sure if that is a problem on my end or yours.
Thanks for the info! I thought he was third party like Bayonetta.

One more thing, I'd like to know if some of you have noticed some lags while using the Roster Maker. I made a lot of changes in the source code and while testing I noticed some functions took longer than usual to execute. Might be my laptop that is getting old or something, but it'd be great to hear if you have anything to mention regarding that.
yes it does slow down a bit sometimes i have to minimize it and come back

Jakor

Smash Ace
yes it does slow down a bit sometimes i have to minimize it and come back
You mean it becomes slower the longer you use it, or is it slower straight from the beginning? What operations exactly take more time? Is it moving the characters on the roster for example, or does it happen when using other functions?

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
You mean it becomes slower the longer you use it, or is it slower straight from the beginning? What operations exactly take more time? Is it moving the characters on the roster for example, or does it happen when using other functions?
it doesnt happen often but when u switch characters it slows down

Jakor

Smash Ace
I'll look into that. I know I changed a lot of things in the code to make it easier to update from a programming perspective, but I did notice with debugging tools that some things were a tad slower.

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I got some problems With loading information about some characters, like characters With same name, and do it manualy on a character, it just does not show...

Also Is there a way to make Your own info regarding character made by yourself?

Jakor

Smash Ace
I got some problems With loading information about some characters, like characters With same name, and do it manualy on a character, it just does not show...

Also Is there a way to make Your own info regarding character made by yourself?
I wonder what problems you are talking about, as I did several tests and couldn't find a problem with the characters information myself. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place. As for the info about the characters, you can edit it by clicking on the pencil icons next to the attribute you want to modify in the "Character info" window. There is a button below the list for that.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yes. but I can not acess these characters to edit the information on my own ones.
Don't get me wrong I can do that on the ones I get acces from that already was in the game, but not my costom ones..

I will give you a screenshot of a Message I get each time I open it as well, but I don't have internett on that computer so wait for that ;)

Jakor

Smash Ace
You're right, there does seem to be a problem with editing information for custom icons.

I might upload a version 6.1 sometime this week or next week. Meanwhile, if you or someone else find any other bugs or notice unusual things, make sure to tell me!

Edit: Actually, this problem was caused by the same thing that prevents searching for characters and changing the franchise after using the "Add new character icons" function. This means if you close the Roster Maker and re-open it, you should be able to edit the information. Until I upload a new version, this could serve as a temporary fix.

Jakor

Smash Ace
For those interested, the version 6.1 is up for download.

Note however that this is only a minor update, so only download it if you feel like it. For those of you who already have the version 6.0 on their computer, you will only need to replace your "jar" and "exe" files with the new ones. You can keep all of your old files and folders as they are now. That way, the custom rosters that you have created won't be erased.

Edit: I'm working on making an updater for the next version. It's a lot of work, but progress on it is going very well, and in the end it will be worth it.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Crap-Zapper's Icon Archive

Nintendo
Super Mario -

Luigi's Mansion -

Yoshi -

F-Zero -

WarioWare -

Pikmin -

Pilot Wings -

Fire Emblem -

The Legend of Zelda -

Kirby -

Kid Icarus -

Punch-Out! -

Panel dé Pon -

Pokémon -

Donkey Kong -

Star Fox -

Earthbound/Mother -

Wonderful 101 -

OTHER Nintendo series -

8-Bit Madness -

Sega

Sonic the Hedgehog -

Altered Beast -

Street of Rage -

Others -

Virtua Fighter -

Jet Set Radio -

Capcom

Street Fighter -

Mega Man -

Other Game Companies

Kingdom Hearts -

TimeSplitters -

Hugo the Troll -

Snowboard Kids -

Tekken -

Soul Calibur -

Dead or Alive -

Mortal Kombat -

Other Games -

Anime

Dragon Ball Z -

New Ones

Hellsing -

Naruto -

Tetsunoko Universe -

Everything Else

MARVEL -

Film and TV -

Game of Thrones -

Artists -

YouTube Poop -

Don't Hug Me, I'm Scard -

Random -

Can't Remember where was from again...(Mostly from Requests) -

Last edited:

Zidiane

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I thought fan rosters were supposed to go here (using the program). Edited my post.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Sorry, I thought fan rosters were supposed to go here (using the program). Edited my post.
Well, you can post it here, but it would be better if you posted it in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/roster-prediction-display-thread.324220/ or this one: http://smashboards.com/threads/roster-prediction-discussion-thread.336018/

Zidiane, please keep roster speculation and wish roster over at the respectful threads.
Unless you make your own icons, than you share with us here to add in our Roster Maker. Or else showing off rosters are not for this place.
Have you made new icons yet? I'd like it if you uploaded them one by one, so I can download each icon separately, instead of all together in one image. That will be easier for me.

And if anyone is interested, I have a list online of icons to make online. If you'd like to see it and plan on making icons, just send me a private message with your gmail address, as a Google account is needed to see/edit the document in question.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'd hate to ask since I don't know what I'm doing, but can anyone make the following icons:

Zangoose (Pokemon)
Mia (Fire Emblem PoR; RD)
Crunch Bandicoot

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
So I basically figured out how to make pretty quality icons, and I needed some that didn't exist for my Assist Trophies, so...

Here you go.

Also, CrusherMania... I dunno if I should be giving this out, but I know Gibdo Knight has a Zangoose icon.
No such luck for Mia or Crunch though.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be lazy, but could someone make Feraligatr, Infernape, and Blue Toad for me? I can't figure out how to make my own in paint.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
@Fawfulcopter: As long you give credit I have nothing against you posting my icons.
Some Icons

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
@Gibdo Knight thanks so much! If you don't mind me asking which program(s) do you use? There might be some others down the line and I would hate to bother you.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
@Gibdo Knight thanks so much! If you don't mind me asking which program(s) do you use? There might be some others down the line and I would hate to bother you.
I'm using photoshop, but the icons I posted i had made a while ago.

Next week I plan to make a huge post containing most icons i've made (that is not already in the roster maker).

Jakor

Smash Ace
Thank you for those icons SuperBrawler. I might add a couple of them in the next version.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.

For those interested in the additional characters from Sonic the Fighters, as well as Metal Knuckles from Sonic R, I have created them for your roster-making pleasure!

Additionally, I have been unable to save any rosters in the program window (I can save the images to my computer fine), unable to successfully add icons (despite being prompted to include new files in the archive), and unable to make a shortcut to the application. Any help you can offer me?

Jakor

Smash Ace

For those interested in the additional characters from Sonic the Fighters, as well as Metal Knuckles from Sonic R, I have created them for your roster-making pleasure!

Additionally, I have been unable to save any rosters in the program window (I can save the images to my computer fine), unable to successfully add icons (despite being prompted to include new files in the archive), and unable to make a shortcut to the application. Any help you can offer me?
Seems like your problem is related to the ".dat" file. Make sure it is not read only or something. You could also try replacing it with the original file. I don't know why making a shortcut wouldn't work though.

And I just want to mention, I prefer when the icons are made using official artwork, unless there is none. They usually just look better than models or sprites of the characters. And most of the icons have been made that way already.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
Seems like your problem is related to the ".dat" file. Make sure it is not read only or something. You could also try replacing it with the original file. I don't know why making a shortcut wouldn't work though.

And I just want to mention, I prefer when the icons are made using official artwork, unless there is none. They usually just look better than models or sprites of the characters. And most of the icons have been made that way already.
I'll keep all of those things in mind, thanks!

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Jakor, for you Pokemon files I see it's a combination between 2D and 3D models. I don't know if it's just me but since Smash's models are all 3D I would prefer to have all of the Pokemon in 3D.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Jakor, for you Pokemon files I see it's a combination between 2D and 3D models. I don't know if it's just me but since Smash's models are all 3D I would prefer to have all of the Pokemon in 3D.
Hmm, actually most of the Pokémon icons in the Roster Maker use official artwork. It's true Gibdo_Knight did make a lot of 3D Pokémon icons though, and it's up to him to put them in this thread if he wants to.

Have you tested with the version 6.1? Have you noticed any improvements performance wise, or is the program still slowing sometimes?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Question, is there a way to upload pictures for characters that aren't already in the program?

EDIT: I noticed the "Add new character icons" option would do that, but I can't seem to work it correctly. Is there some kind of archive I need to put the files for a custom image into then upload them into the program?

If Gidbo Knight has some free time, can you please make me Tiki and Walhart with blue backgrounds of course? I tried using Paint but the image compression comes out ugly.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Question, is there a way to upload pictures for characters that aren't already in the program?

EDIT: I noticed the "Add new character icons" option would do that, but I can't seem to work it correctly. Is there some kind of archive I need to put the files for a custom image into then upload them into the program?

If Gidbo Knight has some free time, can you please make me Tiki and Walhart with blue backgrounds of course? I tried using Paint but the image compression comes out ugly.
Well, if you have the version 6.0 (not 6.1), you will have some problems adding new icons, although it is still possible. But the only thing you have to do is put your icons in the "images" folder (in png format, and keeping the same size and name structure of the other ones) and then add them with the "Add new character icons" button. They should now appear in the list of characters under the category "Special".

Top Bottom