• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I made a new Palutena
IconPalutena (Brawl).png
icon, using her Render from Pits Final Smash in brawl.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have a request. Remember that Ness leak a while back?

Can someone make an icon like this? I need it close to his face, similar to this Lucas Icon:
IconLucas.png

See how close it is to his face? Can someone do it to Ness?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have a few things to address regarding the roster icons.

1. Could someone make a good 3D Ghirahim icon, or repost one if one was already made?

2. I edited the Triple Deluxe Waddle Dee icon, so it has the name "Bandana Dee" instead of "Waddle Dee."

3. I would be willing to start making icons again, but I don't know how to do the white outlines.
If someone could make a small tutorial on how to outline icons in GIMP, it would be greatly appreciated.

KingKRool

Smash Cadet
Can someone tell me how to download updates such as icons for newly revealed characters (Greninja)? I don't have a check for updates option in my "?" menu.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can someone tell me how to download updates such as icons for newly revealed characters (Greninja)? I don't have a check for updates option in my "?" menu.
Go to page 5 in this thread.
@Gibdo knight has all of the characters in his Icon Archive.

Just save them with this name format: IconName
So for example, IconGreninja.

But if there is already an icon of that character, you save it as IconName (2)
If there is already two icons, you save it as IconName (3)
And if there is three, IconName (4)
and so on....

Cpt.

Smash Lord

and so on....
Yeah this is the only way right now. The download in the OP needs to be updated.

Also I still would like a Marshal/Chorus Men icon if anyone can do it!

Last edited:

KingKRool

Smash Cadet

and so on....
Where do I save it? I saved it in the image folder with the other icons but when I search for Greninja in the roster maker it doesn't appear.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Where do I save it? I saved it in the image folder with the other icons but when I search for Greninja in the roster maker it doesn't appear.
After you save it in the Images folder, when you actual start up the roster maker, you need to press "file" at the top and then press something like "update roster icons."

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
I haven't posted in a while, sorry about that. I have some new icons though! If anyone recognizes the last 3 I wanna be your friend.

Also, if you are a fan of the Ace Attorney series I recommend waiting for an upcoming post from me, whenever that will be.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I haven't posted in a while, sorry about that. I have some new icons though! If anyone recognizes the last 3 I wanna be your friend.

Also, if you are a fan of the Ace Attorney series I recommend waiting for my next post, whenever that will be.
Successfully fulfilling my Geno requests. Much thanks, taoxadasa.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I see people with characters that aren't in Roster Maker 8. Is there a way to add icons or are they simply using an image editor to place them together?

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I see people with characters that aren't in Roster Maker 8. Is there a way to add icons or are they simply using an image editor to place them together?
when you save a new icon move it too the imgaes folder, after making sure their named properly, then load up the roster maker and then select "File" in the upper left hand corner, then select "Add New Character Icons". After that they should show up in the search bar after you type up their names. Again, only if the images are named properly.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
when you save a new icon move it too the imgaes folder, after making sure their named properly, then load up the roster maker and then select "File" in the upper left hand corner, then select "Add New Character Icons". After that they should show up in the search bar after you type up their names. Again, only if the images are named properly.
Thank you so much, I'll give it a try later.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone done any icons for all of the melee veterans artwork? If so could someone provide a link to them? It'd be much appreciated! And if someone is willing to create icons for the all of the melee veterans (bar the 5 cut) that would also be greatly appreciated!

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Can someone make icons for these characters please?

Aika

Sakura

Ichiro

Selvaria

Welkin

Jeanne

Miku

Thank you~xxx
Re-posting cuz it was the second to last post last page and you just seem to skip over that.

EDIT: Can I also get these too?

Leanne

Bahn

Riela

Zephyr

Last edited:

videogAmewizz

Smash Rookie
image123predictionroster.png

Here are my predictions please comment cirques! I will be happy to answer them:demon:
Just know I WILL NOT ADD RIDELY CASE CLOSED!:smash:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
View attachment 12996
Here are my predictions please comment cirques! I will be happy to answer them:demon:
Just know I WILL NOT ADD RIDELY CASE CLOSED!:smash:
Hey videogAmewizz,

I see you are relatively new to SmashBoards.
Just for future reference on the boards, this is not the thread to post your prediction roster. That would be the Official Character Discussion Thread.
This thread is primarily for requesting icons, or discussing the roster maker itself.

I would be glad to critique this roster once you post it on the OCDT.
Make sure to tag me in the post by saying "@Mega Bidoof" so I know when you posted it.

Why are you posting your roster on this thread? I'm not going to even bother criticizing your roster because it's terrible.
Woah woah woah!
Give the guy a break, he's new, he made a mistake.
I understand if you want to enforce the rules of SmashBoards, but this is not the way to do it.

And that second line is inexcusable.
The whole point of critiquing a roster is to inform the person of what you think is right, so you could kind of teach them.
I'm pretty sure no roster, especially this one, is so bad you can't even bear to give it a quick review.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
A BUNCH of new ones, let's see... New Ridley, Black Shadow, Bubbles, Dimentio, Fawful, Giygas from Mother 1, Kraid, Kumatora, Micaiah, Mike Jones, lots of new variants of Sami, and Zoda from Startropics.

Plus the following non-Nintendo characters: Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango, Morrigan from Darkstalkers, Alien Hominid, the Biker from Hotline Miami, Dr. Fetus from Super Meat Boy, Gomez from Fez, Iji, Isaac from the Binding of Isaac, "Jacket" from Hotline Miami, Madotsuki from Yume Nikki, Meat Boy, Nikujin, Reimu Hakurei from Touhou, Steve? from Minecraft, the Main Character from Lone Survivor, and Tim from Braid. I really like doing these indie games characters, so expect plenty more of those.

The new Sami icons give some insight into what I do in Photoshop to make these look "SSB4 style":

Start with a 3D character render like this:

Now, if you make an icon straight from that, it looks like a low res Brawl Mod, which it is...

But then you use the replace color tool to make things a little more vibrant, even though it still looks pretty low res:

But, you can fake it by using the burn tool on the shadows and the dodge tool on the midtones, using the blur tool if necessary to fix any sketchy spots, and voila!

The Icons

Confirmed characters:

Veterans (Unconfirmed and Alternates for Confirmed):

Elite Four:

Other Newcomers:

Assist Trophies/ Pokeball Pokemon

Third Party Newcomers:

Indie Games:

Metal... GEAR?

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Hey videogAmewizz,

Woah woah woah!
Give the guy a break, he's new, he made a mistake.
I understand if you want to enforce the rules of SmashBoards, but this is not the way to do it.

And that second line is inexcusable.
The whole point of critiquing a roster is to inform the person of what you think is right, so you could kind of teach them.
I'm pretty sure no roster, especially this one, is so bad you can't even bear to give it a quick review.
I tried to reword it, but it glitched and accidentally posted that instead :( I didn't see that he was new, and for some reason it didn't let me re-edit.

Dawn14

Smash Rookie
NNID
N64WiiU
Can someone make Inkay , Swirlix, Fennekin (a picture of him in game)and Latios and Latias together? (for Fennekin, use pic below, others, use pic from Bulbapedia)

Attachments

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think we all know this is needed to truly complete the indie game characters.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Hello everybody I am new here I am searching for 3D Icons on Megaman/Rockman but it's hard :-(

But I Find some picture can someone able to put them into icons ?

And also for Sonic I need these four:

E-123 Omega:

Mighty The Armadillo:

Gmerl:

Eggman Nega:

With all my regards and bless for reading me and take my request in concideration :)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A BUNCH of new ones, let's see... New Ridley, Black Shadow, Bubbles, Dimentio, Fawful, Giygas from Mother 1, Kraid, Kumatora, Micaiah, Mike Jones, lots of new variants of Sami, and Zoda from Startropics.

Plus the following non-Nintendo characters: Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango, Morrigan from Darkstalkers, Alien Hominid, the Biker from Hotline Miami, Dr. Fetus from Super Meat Boy, Gomez from Fez, Iji, Isaac from the Binding of Isaac, "Jacket" from Hotline Miami, Madotsuki from Yume Nikki, Meat Boy, Nikujin, Reimu Hakurei from Touhou, Steve? from Minecraft, the Main Character from Lone Survivor, and Tim from Braid. I really like doing these indie games characters, so expect plenty more of those.

The new Sami icons give some insight into what I do in Photoshop to make these look "SSB4 style":

Start with a 3D character render like this:

Now, if you make an icon straight from that, it looks like a low res Brawl Mod, which it is...

But then you use the replace color tool to make things a little more vibrant, even though it still looks pretty low res:

But, you can fake it by using the burn tool on the shadows and the dodge tool on the midtones, using the blur tool if necessary to fix any sketchy spots, and voila!

The Icons

Confirmed characters:

Veterans (Unconfirmed and Alternates for Confirmed):

Elite Four:

Other Newcomers:

Assist Trophies/ Pokeball Pokemon

Third Party Newcomers:

Indie Games:

Metal... GEAR?

NICE! Great list here, lotsa good stuff. Although, you really should consider doing requests. I'll be looking forward to more from you in the futures!

Oh I forgot to show you guys what I expect for The Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS

As @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof pointed out, this is not the thread for that. Sorry.

Last edited:

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Marshal with a colored/Dojo-style background anyone? :) A light pink to match his blush or a white to match his body?

Last edited:
Top Bottom