• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He did suggest Greninja. BUT, at the time I thought it silly to add him to the poll when he's part of the Kalos Trainer. Now that it seems Trainers are out, the Pokemon section is going to get a hell of a lot bigger.

Firstly, should I lose all the trainer type characters?

IF YES, how many starters should we put on? I was thinking at least one from each generation. For sure we're keeping Blaziken, Charizard, and Greninja.

I think we should have Pokemon of each type on the list. We're currently missing: Ground, Ice, Rock, and Poison

In general, is there any Pokemon Missing from the current list

• Pikachu
• Lucario
• Jigglypuff
• Pokemon Trainer (Kanto)
• Mewtwo
• Pichu
• Blaziken
• Deoxys
• Eevee (And Eeveelutions)
• Gardevoir
• Genesect
• Gengar
• Greninja
• Hawlucha
• Meowth
• Mew
• Pokemon Champion Cynthia
• Pokemon Gym Leader
• Pokemon Trainer (Hoenn)
• Pokemon Trainer (Johto)
• Pokemon Trainer (Kalos)
• Pokemon Trainer N
• Pokemon Trainer (Sinnoh)
• Pokemon Trainer Villain (Rocket, Plasma, Galactic, Aqua, Magma, Flare)
• Pokemon Trainer Unova
• Plusle & Minun
• Rival Trainer
• Zoroark

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I added him a bit late, but he's there now, so yay.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Super hungry, Ill explain what I think of the rsults and why they are the way they are after food

Captain Falcon 44

People love Captain Falcon

Ness 88 - Samus 84 - Kirby 65 - Link 60 - Yoshi 58 - Zelda 50 - Fox 48 - Donkey Kong 17 - Marth 16 - Ganondorf 14

Seven of the Original Twelve being this high makes sense. Marth being this high makes sense considering Fire Emblem is a pretty popular franchise ever since it's Western Release. Zelda and Ganondorf seem to be as staple as Peach and Bowser. Nothing really out of the ordinary..

Luigi 92 - Pikachu 92 - Wario 82 - Meta Knight 74 - Mario 76 - Bowser 62 - Peach 39 - King Dedede 37 - Mewtwo 32 - Mega Man 31 - Diddy Kong 08

Luigi, Pikachu, and Mario make up the 11 of tthe 12 original characters. I don't think BEING part of the original 12 makes them popular choices, so much as theyre just popular characters. Jigglypuff proves this.Wario, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Diddy all make sense as well, although I am suprised at how high Mega Man is. I would have thought him and Sonic would both be in the 1500's because of 3rd party detractors. Mewtwo is the only cut character to make it this high.

Olimar (Pikmin) 74 - Sheik 33 - Falco 33 - Sonic The Hedgehog 22 - Villager (Animal Crossing) 03

Olimar being a bit lower than the others makes sense. Pikmin is sort of a newer franchise that isn't as well known. While Falco is a popular character in general, I believe both him and Shiek are this popular because they've been in Smash. Sonic and Villager make sense to me.

Rosalina 73 - Zero Suit Samus 48 - Ice Climbers 33 - Mr. Game & Watch 26 - Lucas 04

I've seen Ice Climbers and Lucas detractors in various places. Some people think Lucas could/should be cut, and same with the ICs. Rosalina could be seen as an iffy choice, so I can imagine wy she scores so low. Zero Suit Samus has always been seen as an "okay" addition, methinks.

Jigglypuff 82 - Wolf 35 - Wii Fit Trainer 11

Jigglypuff is a definite Smash favorite, despite her questionable relevancy, which is why I think she fairs better than Lucario and Red. Wolf is also seen as an expendable character, for some reason. Miss Fit, like Rosalina, has a good amount of dectractors as well, for pretty obvious reasons.

Ike 1298

Fire Emblem has a lot of potential candidates that people have a lot of strong opinions about so I can see Ike being switched out for other characters.

Toon Link 88 - R.O.B (Gyromite) 33 - Little Mac (Punch Out) 19 - Lucario 82

Toon Link sucks balls. That's why he's here. Nothing special about that. Little Mac was confirmed after this poll as released so he was once seen as MUCH MORE of an optional choice. R.O.B isn't Ridley, and that may be why he's this low. He still has Brawl detractors. Lastly, Lucario was revealed after this poll was released, but even still he is a Pokemon and theyre seen as expendable. Jigglypuff and Mewtwo seem to be exceptions though.

Snake (Metal Gear Solid) 55 - Pokemon Trainer (Kanto) 53

Snake is a veteran, but still is seen as someone who is completely expendable. Pokemon Trainer Kanto is deconfirmed at this point, and like Lucario is seen as expendable. Also, we have a large amount of various Trainer choices, and I think that has to do with his low score as well.

Roy 896 - Young Link 248 - Pichu 234

Melee vets that aren't Mewtwo aren't as popular.

Note: Little Mac was revealed AFTER the creation of this poll, and I currently do NOT have a Charizard, or Greninja solo option.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Thanks for the poll. Considering that Lucario was seen (and for some, is still seen) as Mewtwo's replacement, him being relatively low makes sense to me.

I expect Little Mac to do better in the future.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
1. Firstly, should I lose all the trainer type characters?

2. IF YES, how many starters should we put on? I was thinking at least one from each generation. For sure we're keeping Blaziken, Charizard, and Greninja.

3. I think we should have Pokemon of each type on the list. We're currently missing: Ground, Ice, Rock, and Poison

4. In general, is there any Pokemon Missing from the current list

• Pikachu
• Lucario
• Jigglypuff
• Pokemon Trainer (Kanto)
• Mewtwo
• Pichu
• Blaziken
• Deoxys
• Eevee (And Eeveelutions)
• Gardevoir
• Genesect
• Gengar
• Greninja
• Hawlucha
• Meowth
• Mew
• Pokemon Champion Cynthia
• Pokemon Gym Leader
• Pokemon Trainer (Hoenn)
• Pokemon Trainer (Johto)
• Pokemon Trainer (Kalos)
• Pokemon Trainer N
• Pokemon Trainer (Sinnoh)
• Pokemon Trainer Villain (Rocket, Plasma, Galactic, Aqua, Magma, Flare)
• Pokemon Trainer Unova
• Plusle & Minun
• Rival Trainer
• Zoroark
1. Yes, definitely, seeing as how that character archetype is no longer possible in Smash.

2. Apart from Blaziken/Greninja/Charizard, Blastoise and Typhlosion are definitely the two most popular. Sceptile is mentioned often as a grass type to complete the current Sm4sh trio and is popular on his own. Infernape is pretty popular from Gen IV. Gen V starters sucked.

3. Typing seems irrelevant to me, but for completion's sake good options could be Garchomp, Weavile, and Tyranitar. Gengar is part poison-type.

4. Perhaps. It appears that Sakurai is picking Pokemon reps on the basis of how iconic or popular they are (Greninja, Charizard) rather than whether or not they had some ****ty anime movie made after them (Zoroark, Genesect, Victini). So you might as well just add popular Pokemon to the poll.

Here's some surveys conducted online polling people for their favorite Pokemon.

http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon
http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/56974/the-greatest-pokemon-of-all-time-vote-now

Charizard, Mewtwo, Blastoise (in that order) topped both lists. There are other consistently popular Pokemon, such as Scizor, Arcanine, and Dragonite.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I think I'm going to CUT DOWN on trainers, but ultimately keep the optionin some form. For sure, N, Cynthia, and Gym Leaders are out.

Blaziken, Charizard, Typhlosion
Seperior, Sceptile
Greninja, Blastoise

any other starters I should include? Serperior is staying, maker gets to put what he pleases in :)

Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect are staying if only because Ive taken Victini out and got a few complaints, I know the other two (Especially Zoroark) will get complaints.

My list does pretty well, methinks. Scizor should be included though.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Pacman is too high. Mii is too high. 2nd Sonic character is too high. Ganon is too high. Lucina is too low. Midna is too low.

Though my opinion is just an opinion. But it's a good opinion in my opinion.
...that makes sense, right?
In my opinion, your opinion agrees completly with my opinion. In my opinion, at least.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, I think I'm going to CUT DOWN on trainers, but ultimately keep the optionin some form. For sure, N, Cynthia, and Gym Leaders are out.

Seperior, Sceptile
Greninja, Blastoise

any other starters I should include? Serperior is staying, maker gets to put what he pleases in :)

Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect are staying if only because Ive taken Victini out and got a few complaints, I know the other two (Especially Zoroark) will get complaints.

Maybe Chesnaught.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Any suggestions?

*Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)
*Klonoa

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Third party characters I loved as a child, and would love to see in Smash, are:

Goemon and Dr. Ebisumaru from Mystical Ninja (Konami)

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Wreck it ralph should be on there if he counts, as should reps from blazblue and mighty switch force.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Noted most of the choices, but half of the suggestions were already listed.

andimidna

Smash Master
...Joanna Dark?

Seperior, Sceptile
Greninja, Blastoise

I heard somewhere that Diancie is getting a movie... if that's true I might suggest her too... but I'd be fine either way. Is anyone in the Bulbasaur line on the poll?

Current Top 25 most wanted Newcomers
Maybe I'm blind, but... I can't find Paper Mario :p
(I see he's #13, and I only see 24 characters in this picture)

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Kite and/or BlackRose from .hack
it's a namco bandai game, .hack series debuted as a video game so those two characters began first as video game characters.
The series went onto be a multimedia franchise.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Personally, I've always wanted Sophitia in Smash to be the Namco/Soul rep; after Link was in the GameCube's version of SC 2.

Or her sister Cassandra as second choice.

But I am OK with Yoshimitsu representing both of Namco's fighting franchises. And Pac-Man makes sense as he was already on the Mario Kart arcade game.

Other choices are Travis Touchdown because Suda mentioned interest on him. And I really wish Snake to return, as he opened the gates for third party characters. If not, a Castlevania rep between Simon, Trevor or Alucard would be OK. My personal choice is Carrie Fernandez but she has no chance lol, maybe as an AT. Or Bomberman who already met Wario. I also wish for Master Higgins as he was there since the NES days and he is somewhat forgotten but I wonder if he applies as he is based on a real person?

Back when the Wii U was new, Ayane was pushed a lot by Nintendo. But now I see less chances now that the NG3 game is no longer exclusive. Though Ridley was in the 3DS DOA game. But sadly no DOA 5 Ultimate version for Wii U. Hope I did not got too carried on this post, if so; please do tell.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
*Ahem* I believe you mean Nightmare.
Well like I said, personal choices from SC. Not sure how will they go in the poll, if by franchise or individual. And I mentioned other characters too, but now I will mention Herny Cooldown from No More Heroes. Was going to mention SNK, but now sure how they are in relationship with Nintendo now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well like I said, personal choices from SC. Not sure how will they go in the poll, if by franchise or individual. And I mentioned other characters too, but now I will mention Herny Cooldown from No More Heroes. Was going to mention SNK, but now sure how they are in relationship with Nintendo now.
I think there's already a Soul Calibur category instead of a specific character (since they're third-party and there's only a few requests for them)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have Nightmare and Ivy on the poll. They're like the mascots of the game. Ill throw up Sophitia, even if Cassandra is much more boss than her.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I have Nightmare and Ivy on the poll. They're like the mascots of the game. Ill throw up Sophitia, even if Cassandra is much more boss than her.
Thanks! Despite I already voted. Not sure if you want to add Yoshimitsu as an specific character as he seems the more logical/popular choice as he would represent both Tekken/Soul series.

Just a suggestion, add SNK/Playmore (characters) as an option. I've been considering them ever since the NEO GEO is on the Virtual Console; and I believe that was a factor for Sonic on Brawl (Sega Consoles on the VC).

Again place the company's name and not sure if you want to place some characters in general too. I don't want to give specifics since you already took my suggestion and that would be too much. But if someone wants to suggest or want to take specific characters for their own slots or something, I would say Kyo Kusanagi as he is the main SNK mascot, Terry Bogard for being more popular and Nakoruru for being the usual choice in crossover games.

Fine please take some other suggestions even if not the SNK one from me. Considering what I said on Nakoruru, not sure if you want to add crossover specific characters from Namco exclusive on Nintendo portables (from the NamcoxCapcom/ProjectXZone) like Xiaomu and Mii. And from Konami there is Konami-Man who had games for the Famicom where he met other Konami characters like SImon Belmotn and Goemon.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just don't want to clutter the poll, especially when Soul Calibur never gets many votes to start with

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When I feel like it.

Ill put one up tomorrow probably. Im doing something big so sit tight

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The poll is quite old, and after this E3 I expect tons of new characters to be added, on top of this I'm missing a charizard / greninja option. Pokemon needs to be redone. I also am working most all day to make a VISUAL of EVERY CHARACTER sorted TIER LIST. It should be pretty awesome. Everyone will love me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom