• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha you're probably right. For some reason I was thinking like that it would show the percentage of the voters who clicked on it and thus show us what percentage of a handful of people would pick Amaterasu, and the number wouldn't be right because it has been so late. Didn't think that since the addition is late, the percentage will be lowered.

Crap, I'm confusing myself. I don't know how these work haha, my bad. :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I may have. If I did it was by accident. Bound to miss SOMEONE.

:phone:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Add the Kiwki elder "Bucha" from Zelda Skyward Sword. He seems to be gaining popularity here. He's got my vote for sure. Scratch the Goomba vote please

wildvine47

Smash Ace
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-quarterfinals/#comment-1506

I don't know if any of you knew about this, but here's apparently an "official" poll for the SSB4 where the final results will end up going straight to Sakurai. And Waluigi is currently the top vote getter. :facepalm:

Layton and Ridley are the next two in line, but some of the more deserving characters like K.Rool, Palutena, Sukapon, and Little Mac are about 80-100 votes BELOW WALUIGI.

We need to fix this ASAP because otherwise Sakurai is going to think the highest requested character in the west is Waluigi and that cannot fly.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I don't know if any of you knew about this, but here's apparently an "official" poll for the SSB4 where the final results will end up going straight to Sakurai. And Waluigi is currently the top vote getter. :facepalm:

Layton and Ridley are the next two in line, but some of the more deserving characters like K.Rool, Palutena, Sukapon, and Little Mac are about 80-100 votes BELOW WALUIGI.

We need to fix this ASAP because otherwise Sakurai is going to think the highest requested character in the west is Waluigi and that cannot fly.
Waluigi trolls fans seem to be out in force. No way is Waluigi better than Ridley, Megaman, K. Rool, Saki, Little Mac, or really anyone else on that poll. Also, the character pool seems to be really small on that poll. Hm...

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

This poll is really limiting.. leaving out some characters in place of others so they could choose one rep for a series. I don't know how they're planning on sending this to Sakurai but it's really hard to take something like this seriously.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It doesn't have Geno in it. Not taking it seriously

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So, this happened

Ah ok, so apparently the reason why Waluigi is doing so well is because 4chan is throwing all of their votes behind him. They're also doing write-ins for the Pokemon Dunsparce, the comments box is FULL of them.
Damn it, 4chan, why must you ruin everything good? Eh, this poll was pretty BS anyhow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have lost faith in this generation of gamers.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
If somebody compounds a list of 50 top characters I may or may not be able to work some moderator poll magic for Smashboards.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If somebody compounds a list of 50 top characters I may or may not be able to work some moderator poll magic for Smashboards.
Ah, but to do that, I think we'd need another poll. Hm, this is called something, but I can't remember what it is. I wanna say we're in a catch-22, but I'm not sure.

Or you could, y'know, just look at the results on the first page. whatever.

Omni

BRoomer
Derp.

In that case, I hope the owner of this thread doesn't mind if I hijack the OP and create an enormously large poll and create a Smash News article featuring said topic. It would be great to get the entirety of the community here voting.

Edit: And done. Everyone feel free to resubmit your votes!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Voted but why is Captain Syrup the only Wario rep? :[
This only includes characters who were in the top 50 in the results on the first page of this thread. It ain't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better that that crap VGTribune poll.

BTW: Omni, which poll (2011, early 2012, etc.) did you get these results from?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
This only includes characters who were in the top 50 in the results on the first page of this thread. It ain't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better that that crap VGTribune poll.
Ah I see. Well I can't complain, Cpt. Syrup is the best choice for one anyway.

Omni

BRoomer
I took it from the Final Newcomer Tierlist. Also, our polls are only limited to 50 choices.

FYI, everyone can choose as many as they want. Over time, the numbers will begin to skew over the most favored.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, Muddy made it to number 100 on Shortie's poll!

100 D:

Either way, I voted on that new poll at the top. It's pretty thorough. Well, except for no Muddy. If only he would have been 50 places higher. lol

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman

i don't know if any of you knew about this, but here's apparently an "official" poll for the ssb4 where the final results will end up going straight to sakurai. And waluigi is currently the top vote getter. :facepalm:

Layton and ridley are the next two in line, but some of the more deserving characters like k.rool, palutena, sukapon, and little mac are about 80-100 votes below waluigi.

We need to fix this asap because otherwise sakurai is going to think the highest requested character in the west is waluigi and that cannot fly.
Too bad, Waluigi time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I sincerely hope Sakurai doesn't take that poll seriously whatsoever.

The last time a similar site made a poll, claiming to be sending the final result to him, some random Pokemon Trainer won, while the popular characters with something new to contribute were left in the dust.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think I voted for like 3/4ths of the character options! :laugh:[COLLAPSE="Click here to see my thoughts on the characters I didn't vote for"]Waluigi: Generic and unoriginal. Not big on him as a smash character unless he becomes more original and appears in a non-spin-off game.
Palutena: The prospect of her as a playable character bores me.
Krystal: I like her moveset potential, I hate her as a character. So, I am neutral because I am conflicted! :laugh:
Black Shadow: I'm neutral on him.
Ghirahim: I thought he was a generic Zelda villain in a underwhelming Zelda game.
Clause/MM: I think Flint would be a better playable MOTHER character, as well as Jeff.
Groose: Dumb joke is dumb.
Majora: Majora don exits. I just think there's better options.
Bandana Dee: Don't really think Bandanna Dee could add much to the playable smash bros. roster.
Banjo & Kazooie: I didn't see this option. :( DANG IT!!! I LOVE BANJO KAZOOIE!!! :urg: (MOD HELP?)
Toad: I'm neutral on this mushroom head.
Hades: Kinda bores me, and comes off as generic.
Porky: I think there are better MOTHER characters.
Profssor Layton: I haven't played any Professor Layton games, so I have no opinion on Professor Layton.
Castlevania Character: I would have voted for this (SIMON BELMONT IS A BAMF! I LOVE THIS SERIES), but I didn't see this option. :( (MOD HELP?)
Medusa: I think there are better mythical creatures. THE KRAKEN!!!
Vaati: Meah, I'm neutral on him. He was great in Minish Cap, but boring in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.
Black Knight: There's better Fire Emblem characters (specifically the 3 already in smash, Krom possibly, Hector, and Ephraim)
Lyn: Hector is better. DAT AXEEEEE!!!!
Meoweth (it's spell Meowth): Meah, I'm unsure what he could do. Because of that, I am neutral on him.
Captain Syrup: I never liked any of the Wario Land or Wario Ware characters not named Wario.
Ray MK: I like the what he could potentially bring to smash bros, but I don't know him or his games well enough to want him.
Travis Touchdown: I still need to play No More Heroes. Because of that, I am neutral on him.[/COLLAPSE]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's too bad Porky is so low. *HIGH FIVES MY BROTHER STARPHOENIX*

God damn it K. Rool, quit beating Ridley by like one vote all the time.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I really want Mega Man in there; and hey, let's say he makes it (despite Sakurai saying he wouldn't want to add in new characters, I suppose just not over making a balanced game), I bet you X Series Zero would be in there too; maybe even as just an assist trophy.

I prefer X>MM Classic, plus X and Battle Network tie in my mind; yet I only see MM Classic getting in.

:phone:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As expected, the first few options have the most votes, but they are all things a lot of people would want to see in the game so. Eh.

I didn't think Majora was possible. Also, Banjo Kazooie is a thing that I would like to happen, even though it won't. Eh.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
No Lip? I understand. (-=´=-);

But yeah, I voted most of faves I could find (Why Starfy's so low). But seems like everyone agrees with the first four. (-l.l-);

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You can check by clicking the number of votes. I actually found that out by accident. xD

Psycho, you ninja....

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It is interesting to me how the first four characters on the poll are completely obliterating all of the other choices. I think it is safe to say that, especially when factoring in other polls, the top three really are just that for the West. Reason for that stipulation at the end is because Ridley and King K. Rool, more so Ridley, tend to not be as big of a deal in Japan as in the West. The character that appears to be the universal number one choice is Mewtwo.

Megaman is by far the most requested third party character. Sakurai could get away with just having Sonic the Hedgehog and Megaman in the next game, and then, I would think, Sonic the Hedgehog would be easier to implement in the next game considering he was already in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom